Announcements (NPC Netbook / Staunton Bluff PbP)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Announcements (NPC Netbook / Staunton Bluff PbP)

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello,

Sad news: I have to leave this misty establishment for a while. :lament:

Good news: I'll be back soon. :wifred:

Next week, I'll travel to Spain to visit my aunts and uncles there, and right after my return, I'll move to another room in my house, which means basically no internet for at least until September 15.

:lucas: Now, since I've four levels as Arcane Trickster, I’ll surely have the opportunity to check my mails now and then, but I'll have to limit to very short and basic messaging.

I announce this so broadly because I have to projects running here, the
Mt. St. Ronges NPC netbook I hereby encourage everyone to contribute, and One Night in Staunton Bluffs, a PbP that will open at the Cafe in October (shameless self-promotion this is :wink:), and I want to make sure you know that I don’t just “vanish”.

While I am unable to visit you here, I’ll write up the final notes for the Staunton Bluff campaign, as well as my contributions to the NPC netbook and then have them ready for presentation... Or so I think. :wink: :brain:

I’ll hang around here a couple of days more, so we can clear up some things more, but after that, I’ll be virtually inaccessible for weeks... I am getting paranoid about this, I know, but... ya know. :smile:

As to the SB PbP, if you’re interested in joining, please follow the link above or PM me. I’ll explain the details of the game later on, but basically, I’ll announce it “the big way” about October 10 and mean to start it about the Halloween weekend. :gabrielle:

Here’s a glimpse of how I want to set things up:
...As for character submissions, since most members of this spooky establishment are experienced RL DMs, I thought characters of advanced level would be appropriate.
I thought to link this with the Fraternity’s post-count system:

Between 1 and 500 post, one gets one level for each 100 posts.
Afterwards, for each 500 posts, one is granted one level in a PrCl for the initial character level.
(So, for example, a member of these boards with 1000 posts, could play a character up to 6th level in total, with up to 5 levels in a core class, and 1 level in a Prestige Class.)

This may be also very necessary, since I won’t reward them with experience as proposed in the PHB, but as I think it’s appropriate. Hehehe...

For those characters, any material not coming from one of the d20 core books would require annotations. (To keep an overview of the character abilities.)

Minimum posting would be once a week, not more, since we all keep busy lives...

Apart from that, the usual stuff: Character sheets and alignments circulate only between me and the respective players, some books are not be read while playing in my game etc. :)
(Yeah, this is the same text I send you some days ago, Jason. Lamentably, I had no opportunity to write it down in a more structured way.:wink:)

So far, I wish you all a good time, and I hope I’ll be back sooner than I think.

Yours,

:soth: Rafael :soth:
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Hurry back. I've got some new characters for your NPC Netbook project. Thanks for providing the link here, by the way. I don't know why, but I couldn't find the threads you started about it and was wondering why nothing seemed to be happening on that...