Re: A concept it might be interesting to explore

Post by jules »

any new thoughts on the subject?
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

Well, since you bring up Easan, in anti-Ravenloft, he could be replaced by Keak the Sane. Formerly one of Iuz's most trusted servents, this elven fighter/mage unknowingly fused his own soul with that of a celestial, an accident which gradually cured him of his former insanity and evil.
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

I think I've figured out the Anti-Van Richten. He ENVYS the power that vampires have. His whole life, he has lived in the shadow of those more powerful than him, like the gypsey tribe who kidnapped his son and sold him to the vampire who turned him. Van Richten had never dreamed that vampires actually existed. Now that he had learned of them, he immediately saw them as his key to great power. Unfortunately, before Van Richten could get his son to change him into a vampire, his son, repelled by what he had become, walked into the sunrise to prevent vampirism from spreading like a disease from him. Since that day, Van Richten has obsessively hunted vampires hoping to convince or force one to turn him. He knows that vampires dominate those who they turn, so he always has an assassination plan in place for the one that turns him. His efforts, unfortunately, have always met with frustration. He has always been forced to kill the vampires he has caught before they could turn him. He has surrounded himself with people with ambitions similar to his own. He has learned of beings of similar power like werebeasts, liches, ghosts, and the created, but none, in his opinion, can so quickly gain him personal power as becoming a vampire.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

what about a anti-bluebeard?
Buzzclaw
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Buzzclaw »

jules wrote:what about a anti-bluebeard?
Hope no one minds a necrobump :wink:

Based on the "Dovehome" paradigm of good lords, evil populace, Bluebeard is a navy officer who tries to combat piracy. Many of his subordinates are barely better than the pirates he fights. He wrestles with this constantly but usually ends up looking the other way.

Instead of a room filled with his wives' corpses it's filled with statues, poems, and pottery made by Bluebeard himself. Like RL Bluebeard, he always gives his wife a key to the room with a stern command not to open it. Unlike in RL, the key doesn't make a mark on the wife's hand when she opens it. Inevitably, once the wife enters the room she conceals this from Bluebeard and becomes slowly consumed by insane jealousy.

"How DARE he waste his time on dead harlots? Doesn't he know how great I am?"

The wife will eventually enter a murderous rage and try to kill Bluebeard in his sleep. He will defend himself but his wife will continue attack, imbued with seemingly superhuman strength. In the end, she will collapse, dead, and he will cradle her in his arms and weep. He will dedicate himself for weeks creating works of art to immortalize her and foreswear ever marrying again. Then he'll meet a charming foreign lady. They'll fall in love and get married...and the cycle will start again.

At least that's my take on it :D
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Good one!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jamesfirecat »

Since I tend to ramble about her in every other thread might as well do it in this one also...

At first glance Richemulot would seem a paradise, the wide opens plains are inviting and scenic, and even it's large cities have a surprisingly majestic air about them. They're large enough that even the poorest beggar can not just one but two or three roofs over their head (owning a multistory home) as opposed to many other cities in the core where people are packed in like sardines. Though the sound of rats in the walls is nearly ever present even the beast seem strangely sanitary and sterile. The people are full of good cheer, warm smiles, talk and gifts. Lots of talk, and very large gifts.

It isn't unheard of for someone to give someone else in Richemulot a gift that accounts for up to 90% of their material wealth.

Theft in Richemulot is no longer accomplished with the sword but with the word instead, as everyone schemes to try and ferret out the secrets of their neighbors and other public figures with which they could blackmail them into abject poverty.

Standing against this tide of double dealing is one lone woman. By all public accounts Jacqueline Renier is a well meaning but not especially bright "ruler" of the city who often it seems can barely be bothered to even rule instead preferring the life of a socialite gadfly, letting people go about their business while preforming gifts of charity here and there when the mood strikes her.

In reality Jacqueline is not only a wererat, but a wererat in command of a small army of other wererats (the rest of her family) not to mention being able to control the numerous rats which fill her city which is how she does whatever she can to limit the damage they do to her city's inhabitants. Rather than simply telling them to drown themselves in a river however, instead Jacqueline uses her control of the nation's vermin to collect secrets on her own people faster than any group of humans possibly could. Thus Jacqueline can be aware of who is attempting to blackmail who and with what, and make a counter move to try and limit the damage that takes place under her watchful eye as best she can.

Alas Jacqueline is ever plagued by her eternal foe, Henri DuBois, Henri somehow discovered that Jacqueline was a wererat and then purposely seduced her, so as to infect himself in the course of their lovemaking. Giving himself into the power of the beast unlocked by the act Henri stalks the streets and sewers of Richemulot ever ready to devour the unwary any chance he gets, eating rat and human alike so as to deprive Jacqueline of any way to track his movements...

Thoughts/reactions?
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

What about the reverse ravenloft light lord version of the darklord that has multiple personality disorder?
Atma
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Atma »

jules wrote:What about the reverse ravenloft light lord version of the darklord that has multiple personality disorder?
A manager of a carousel?
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

You know, the jekyll & Hyde wannabe
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

That's Tristan Hiregaard. He's at the top of Page 3.

jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

Sorry, I didn't see that before I put the thought up, again sorry
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

unless it's already been put up how about a anti-azlan rex?
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

I don't think anyone's done that one. It's probably tougher than others to do justice to since Azalin has so many sides to him.

The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

If I were to do an Anti-Azalin, I would make it a version of Irik. One who always tried to please Daddy, but despite his best efforts he always failed on one miniscule aspect or another. And then you can rebuild the other aspects around that.