Favorite monster from Harry Potter books

Books, movies, television and everything else
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:Seriously, that's not a queer theorists write up, is it?
It might be-- and there was some discussion on a completely different forum over whether at least one of her gripes was legit, but when you get quotes like:

"I feel slapped down by our fellow fen. There's the rub - fen, betraying what fandom means to so many of us, a space to be ourselves, to incorporate the queerness of our own lives, of the Wizarding World, of Harry himself"

my initial response tends to be (edited) Ahem!

But then I'm very much a FIAGDH type myself.

Note: a running commentary about the livejournal rant is here, including a comment from one of the conference committee members that no slash/gender issue proposals had been submitted.

comment by Joël: Not a language appropriate for a lady! Please read the forum rules again.
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Asterisks not good enough?
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Nope, half-masking a word (like the way you wrote "f**k") isn't acceptable :)

Joël
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Aww cmon Joel you did it too so does that mean I can huh, does it huh?! Bad enough I have to wear my clothes when posting due to the secret hidden frat cameras but no swearing either :x (JK)

Maraudar,
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I wear at least a skirt when I post here, for that BIG RED LETTERS announcing a rule violation really scare the hell out of me!

:shock:

But Joel does right in reminding us the rules of the cafe from now and then... For this is a gentle(wo)men's establishment and shall stay so...
Yeah, Joel indeed made me learn that...
:wink: Fear Check DC 25, Save Modifier -8

Errh... You know what I mean... :gabrielle:

Now, better back to topic...
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Fair 'nuff, though I've never been a lady-- merely female.

Is damn still okay, in case someone asks about that acronym?

And, dragging this more or less back into topic: teasing Harry/Hermione shippers makes you the moral equivalent of a slaveowner. No, really.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Brandi wrote:Fair 'nuff, though I've never been a lady-- merely female.

And, dragging this more or less back into topic: teasing Harry/Hermione shippers makes you the moral equivalent of a slaveowner. No, really.
My. God. There are people, adults, people who the book isn't even aimed at, who are arguing that Harry and Hermione didn't get together. They even have a name for themselves?

So do I; Budding Paedophiles. Why are people concerned about the FICTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS OF FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, especially when said characters are under the legal age of consent? WHY? OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! WHY?
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Do not denigrate yourself, you have a lot of charm and class :)
Guess so. Be creative in your insults, just do not use bad words :)

Joël
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:

My. God. There are people, adults, people who the book isn't even aimed at, who are arguing that Harry and Hermione didn't get together. They even have a name for themselves?

So do I; Budding Paedophiles. Why are people concerned about the FICTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS OF FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, especially when said characters are under the legal age of consent? WHY? OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! WHY?
I think the message of this is:

STAY AWAY FROM HARRY POTTER.
Lost and Damned
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lost and Damned »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:...especially when said characters are under the legal age of consent?...
well if your talking about two fictional characters getting together in book six, i should point out the UK legal age of Consent is 16.... which Harry just beomes at the start and Hermione actually turns 17 early into the book....

oh and i actually "Ship" Harry/Hermione myself, hoping they marry when the seventh book finishes, because i see their relationship as one of the strongest and most stable for a perment relationship which would lasteven in the real world, which until book six came out devoloped beautifully, and i'm not a Phedophile either just by beliving in such thoughts, though some "shippers" on all sides do worry me :lol:

damn i wish i had a relationship with a woman as strong as Two Fictional Characters :P
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

[url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_66&products_id=701&affiliate_id=6326]Support Ravenloft PDF's at Drive Thru RPGs NOW![/url]
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lost and Damned wrote:
Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:...especially when said characters are under the legal age of consent?...
well if your talking about two fictional characters getting together in book six, i should point out the UK legal age of Consent is 16.... which Harry just beomes at the start and Hermione actually turns 17 early into the book....

oh and i actually "Ship" Harry/Hermione myself, hoping they marry when the seventh book finishes, because i see their relationship as one of the strongest and most stable for a perment relationship which would lasteven in the real world, which until book six came out devoloped beautifully, and i'm not a Phedophile either just by beliving in such thoughts, though some "shippers" on all sides do worry me :lol:

damn i wish i had a relationship with a woman as strong as Two Fictional Characters :P
1) They won't marry. They're only 18.

2) The paedophile comment is directed more towards the people who OBSESS over Harry's lovelife to the point where they write explicit fan fiction over it.
Lost and Damned
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lost and Damned »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote: 1) They won't marry. They're only 18.
in the UK we can marry with parents consent at 17, without parents consent at 18, so yes they can marry :D

And to bring it back on topic, I really like the Threstrals, nice winged horseys, come here horsey.....
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

[url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_66&products_id=701&affiliate_id=6326]Support Ravenloft PDF's at Drive Thru RPGs NOW![/url]
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lost and Damned wrote:
Drinnik Shoehorn wrote: 1) They won't marry. They're only 18.
in the UK we can marry with parents consent at 17, without parents consent at 18, so yes they can marry :D

And to bring it back on topic, I really like the Threstrals, nice winged horseys, come here horsey.....
Do you see the Dursley's giving permission?

EDIT: ARRGHH! Why do I care?
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Come Drinnik, come away from the Dark Side...

Come join the Apathetic Alliance. Our motto?

"Who cares?"
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Cole Deschain wrote:Come Drinnik, come away from the Dark Side...

Come join the Apathetic Alliance. Our motto?

"Who cares?"
I would, but I'm just not interested.