Personal Incarnations (Ravenloft NPCs)

Coordinating community projects
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:You could certainly use a dungeon as well, but I think that you're going to lose a lot by forcing characters to fit within a dungeon crawl type of set-up (i.e., you might be straining to fit backgrounds in that type of setting).
I agree, despite I'd love to see all our characters in a dungeon. Only if you can find very good reasons will be possible to find them all together even in different parts of the dungeon. I don't want also have a battle with another character of ours.

However, if you like the idea very much, we can have our characters related in some way with someone else. My 2 characters (Van and Kimuriel) will be twin brothers! They are also mercenaries and they love go to adventures, so they can go to the dungeon with a party in order to find/kill the monsters/villains that are hidden there. :wink:
Jason of the Fraternity wrote:Having each character be some sort of report/research would open up the possibilities of them being from different times and locations.
I also like the idea of time loops, I think it can make very interesting adventures! :wink:

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:
Desdichado wrote:*Say, some thing like a battle for St. Ronges...*
Except that we already know they would lose to the might and manipulations of the Fraternity of Shadows... :wink:
I want somehow see the Fraternity of Shadows against an alhoon! :lol:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

alhoon wrote:Yes, but why S? Why not the obscure and powerful traveling wizard WST? A non official character...

After so many years and experiences he contacts the Frat of Shadows in Richemulot and leaves them a manuscript with some of the people he met.!
I like this idea too, maybe the Frat. after studying carefully the manuscript decides to learn more about these strange characters and decides to hire them, (I think it's better if they don't know who are their employers) and tell them to go to a dungeon... for a quest.

One of the best ways to learn about someone is to test him in a dungeon! :wink: :lol:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

VAN wrote:One of the best ways to learn about someone is to test him in a dungeon!
Indeed! We've used this method before to help weed out applicants that show up at the Manor... It works rather well.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I personally would still prefer a dungeon, since this is something that hasn't been done before. We would not have to flesh the entire dungeon out, but just do some simple floorplans and explain the environment of the place. Then, we tell the stroy of each characters and how that person stranded here.

Another point is, I believe, from the response that we got until now, that we'll basically stay the number contributors that are currently on this thread.

Now, aren't 8 or 9 characters a bit few for a character - only book?

But, just tell me what you think of it... Then what about a poll to vote on the different options?

:Strahd:
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Hmm, I might get involved in this. It might be a chance to stat-up my Fraternity persona, Jonothan Lochspeare (seen in the Report on Feyhirs in the last QtR and the continually forthcoming Races of the Mists article series).
Or I could go with an alternate route and do my reoccuring NPC, the Smiling Man, that pops up in 4/5ths of my Ravenloft projects. Although I'm unsure if I want to attach classes, level and stats to him.
Le Noir Faineant

:) Nice to have you aboard, David. So, what would you think?

We have three basic options now:

- Completely unrelated characters in one compilation

- The travelling diary of a mistdweller who left his writings to the FoS

- A Richemulot dungeon our creatures currently populate/try to conquer

:?:

:)
Le Noir Faineant

Sorry Jason and VAN, your replies somehow didn't get displayed on my screen until now...

I didn't think of a *battle for the Mason*, but maybe some other hook for Richemulot...

:oops: Will have to look to collect the info for that place... Never was a great fan of this land in the past... :wink: More Burning Peaks Cluster, me...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Desdichado wrote: :oops: Will have to look to collect the info for that place... Never was a great fan of this land in the past... :wink: More Burning Peaks Cluster, me...
Man, you're not alone in the project! :wink: I have the Gaz for Richemulot and I believe more of the people involved also do so.

We will be happy to help a Lady in Distress. :lol:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant

alhoon wrote: Man, you're not alone in the project! :wink: I have the Gaz for Richemulot and I believe more of the people involved also do so.
The info in Gaz IV is a bit too few to do some REAL thing, I think... But if you could provide info back from 2e, that would be quite nice!:)
alhoon wrote: We will be happy to help a Lady in Distress. :lol:

:banshee:

Lady in distress... I'll let him PAY for this one... tentacle freak!
:wink:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Tentacle freak? ! ? Me?

You untentacled freak! Tentacles are much more old and much more useful than the rest of limbs! I also happen to have all the limbs you have and 4 more. And tentacles at that! Who's the freak now? Huh?

. . .

I don't have any important info from 2nd edition, although I would believe that even the info in Ravenloft PHB would be enough. We don't need to know everyone in Richemulot. Just a certain dungeon. :wink:

However I would prefer option two, the mistdweller and the appendix he sent to the frat.
Perhaps many of the entrances do live in dungeon in Richemulot or have something to do with it. But I can't see all of them together however.

Perhaps Van and Kimuriel visit the dungeon along with some of the others under the secret manipulations of the Frat and the mistdweller met them there?

PS. My alhoon relative resides in the vast emptiness of Richemulot's wilderness at the time. Also the alhoon is interested not to kill and eat everyone but to understand every kind of living, sentient creature. Unfortunatelly part of the research is done by eating the brain of the test-subject.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant

alhoon wrote:Tentacle freak? ! ? Me?

You untentacled freak! Tentacles are much more old and much more useful than the rest of limbs! I also happen to have all the limbs you have and 4 more. And tentacles at that! Who's the freak now? Huh?

. . .

I don't have any important info from 2nd edition, although I would believe that even the info in Ravenloft PHB would be enough. We don't need to know everyone in Richemulot. Just a certain dungeon. :wink:

However I would prefer option two, the mistdweller and the appendix he sent to the frat.
Perhaps many of the entrances do live in dungeon in Richemulot or have something to do with it. But I can't see all of them together however.

Perhaps Van and Kimuriel visit the dungeon along with some of the others under the secret manipulations of the Frat and the mistdweller met them there?

PS. My alhoon relative resides in the vast emptiness of Richemulot's wilderness at the time. Also the alhoon is interested not to kill and eat everyone but to understand every kind of living, sentient creature. Unfortunatelly part of the research is done by eating the brain of the test-subject.

To simplify things a bit, I'll arrange a poll on this thread. Then we can see what everyone thinks. I was thinking of doing the book 1/2 adventure(dungeon) and 1/2 personages description.

I am looking forward to see your al when it's finished. :twisted: Des' Friday evening group needs some more enemies, and THE FOOD HAS GONE OUT. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

Arrgh! I had totally forgotten that this thread was started by Jason... I'll start a new one with a poll!

:soth: :soth: :soth: Continue here, please :soth: :soth: :soth:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Des . . . The alhoon is CR 20. Are you sure you want your party facing it?
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

That's very interesting point. There is a limit at level? Van will be level 16.
alhoon wrote:...The mistdweller and the appendix he sent to the frat.

This is a variation of my idea, but it can work as well. However, I still prefer to have a party (always manipulated by the devious Frat. :twisted: ) and go to explore the dungeon.
Last edited by VAN on Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Le Noir Faineant

alhoon wrote:Des . . . The alhoon is CR 20. Are you sure you want your party facing it?
:twisted: