Game Session & Food

Discussing all roleplaying games

What do you eat/offer when gaming ? (See post for examples)

Nothing
3%
Snacks
29%
Ordered Food
45%
Cooked Food (simple)
3%
Cooked Food (complicated)
13%
My Players !
6%

Total votes: 31

Dark Whisper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Game Session & Food

Post by Dark Whisper »

So, what do you eat and/or offer during you game sessions ?

Nothing : what the word says : nothing

Snacks : The ususal suspects; Chips, Pop Corn, cookies,... All those things you just need to cut/tear open the bag

Ordered Food : "Real" food you ordered, Pizza being the paradigm

Cooked Food (simple) : Dishes that are easy and quick to prepare like pasta with sauce, ...

Cooked Food (complicated) : Dishes that are not so easy and rarely quick to create...

And for cooked food (both) : What do you prepare ? Do you have special D&D-dishes (- of which you'd like to share the recipe) ?
Whisspersss in the Dark...
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Usually eat some chips or something during the game when hungry (taking up lunch) then if it finishes at night we'll order out.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

We used to be strictly a Pizza and chips group, but as we got older, and wiser, not to mention wider, we started looking into more healthy fare. Also, when my wife started joining us, her cooking gene kicked in and now we plan all sorts of fancy recipes to inflict on the group.

My Aunt's family recipe Apricot Chicken always goes over well. As does my wife's lasagna, and our roasted red pepper soup. We're always on the lookout for new recipes, and especially have fun with desserts. (Baked pears with granola crust, Banana's foster, Key Lime pie) (so much for that "healthy" idea)

Then the other couple in our group started in with the cooking too, and bring their own dishes, or cook for us when we're at their place. Homemade hummous, meatloaf, salmon, squash...

And for some reason, no D&D weekend is complete without a trip to the Chinese Buffet. I don't know how it started, but somehow it stuck...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Pop Corn!
You just can't resist that smell.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Dark Whisper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Dark Whisper »

Myself - hosting about 95% of our games - would be between simple and complicated cooking (leaning towards complicated).

As we usually play on weekends, I made an easy rule for our sessions; if we play on a Saturday, I cook. If we play on a Sunday, the others bring snacks.

Unfortunately, my group is rather complicated to cook for; one player is semi-vegetarian (don't ask), another does not eat any vegetables execept fried potatoes...

Nevertheless, I managed to feed them the last three years and they're still coming back.

One highlight are always Fajitas (sic?); I prepare grinded chees, cut onions and ginger, prepare tomato, ananas and carrot cubes, Guacamole (sic?), salad-leaves, curry-flavored chicken cubes and a variety of sauces.
I put (a lot of) Tortillas on the table and everyone can fill his tortilla as he sees fit.
We're always on the lookout for new recipes, and especially have fun with desserts
Did you ever try Passion Fruit Sherbet with Campari ?

Me too, I'm a big fan of desserts; I enjoy baking and will usually prepare some kind of cake or cookies for Sunday games. Baking has become another hobby - not that I had time for one more, but... - and I spent several hours last week working on my recipe for Golden Cubes. Another one or two test runs, and it should be finished.
Whisspersss in the Dark...
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

We use to eat everything in the house... :cry: Every gaming session has me getting histerically and going to the gym... :wink:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

When I play I use to be in house so, I use to eat the food my mom cooked, but I still prefer ordering a hamburger or a pizza. My mother is an excellent chef, but I'd like to order that time because I like tasting somrthing different while playing. :P
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Well, it depends on the group. With my group at home, we tend to play all day on Saturdays. We will usually have some chips & salsa while gaming. We used to have taco dip, but Jackie Baldrick would eat it all in about ten minutes so it's no longer provided.

Later on, we either order a pizza (not very common anymore because we can spend an hour or more arguing over toppings), or go to a local Chinese restaurant of local fast food place called Odie's.

When I was at school, the group there would meet in the evening after we'd already eaten. So we'd all provide whatever snacks we needed to keep ourselves happy for the night.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

We used to snack on anythign at hand, but that was usually to wash down the beer/whiskey we had drank ;)
Swallow your soul!
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

You can't go wrong with Funions and Mnt. Dew :)
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

WAAAAAAAAAAH... I feel so... FAT! :Strahd:

*Exits to the gym!*
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Dark Whisper wrote:One highlight are always Fajitas (sic?); I prepare grinded chees, cut onions and ginger, prepare tomato, ananas and carrot cubes, Guacamole (sic?), salad-leaves, curry-flavored chicken cubes and a variety of sauces.
I put (a lot of) Tortillas on the table and everyone can fill his tortilla as he sees fit.
Yup, we call it "mexi-fest," always a crowd pleaser, and easy to make. We do Guac, refried beans, ground beef with taco seasoning, cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, and onions.
We're always on the lookout for new recipes, and especially have fun with desserts
Did you ever try Passion Fruit Sherbet with Campari ?
I'm not a big Passion Fruit fan, but we often use Sorbet on top of some fruit creation. And now that we got an Ice-cream maker, look out! :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

With my group, if we are having a session in excess of 5 hours we will order food. Otherwise, it is a round robin. Each week a different player will bring snacks for the rest of the group and I as GM provide drinks and a play area.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Whoa, why didn't I see this before? :)

During my "Catalysts" campaign we had a cook player, so it was no problem getting food, usually with a restaurant-type flair. Also, the rest of them kinda had the knack to play while drinking brandy (we were all of legal drinking age); as DM, however, I excused myself from the booze since I get drunk easily. :P

Now with the "Musarde" campaign, Karen (a player) usually cooks Pasta Diablo, sort of a spicy type of spaghetti.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I am deeply disappointed no one has voted for eating their players. :roll:
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]