Ravenloft actor/actress poll

Discussing all things Ravenloft
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

Scarycount wrote:Sean as Godefroy? If they made a RL movie with that casting, I couldn't stop laughing at his voice.
Hey, it's just fantasy casting anyway.

If a Ravenloft movie were to really be made, it'd be animated with voice actors. Kiefer Sutherland voicing George Weathermay!
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

LordGodefroi wrote:Strahd: Antonio Banderas
Without any offence, I cannot see Banderas as an aristocrat count. Besides, if I was Tatyanna, I couldn't resist him! :lol:

Your other suggestions are very good though. :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

VAN wrote:
LordGodefroi wrote:Strahd: Antonio Banderas
Without any offence, I cannot see Banderas as an aristocrat count. Besides, if I was Tatyanna, I couldn't resist him! :lol:

Your other suggestions are very good though. :)
Then you didn't see him as Armando in Interview With The Vampire? Perhaps he isn't old enough, but he'd certainly handle the stereotypical "suave seductive aristocrat" with panache!
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Which is why I'd vote Banderas for Baron Metus, not Strahd. Metus was far more of a lothario-type, IMO, and Strahd has too much dignity to act like that for anyone but a Tatyana-clone. :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Bill Nighy as the High Master Illithid.

And why not? Julianne Moore as Lyssa von Zarovich.

And finally Doug Jones as Sodo. The scariest part is when he puts his hands up to his face...

Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Gee, haven't posted here in a while...

I just had a thought on an actress that I believe could pull off the role of the Weathermay-Foxgrove twins. I am sort of leaning towards Taylor Cole, a young actress that appeared on an episode of Supernatural as well as a recurring role on the short-lived series Summerland.

[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

This is probably indicative of how out of the loop I am as far as current affairs go in Ravenloft, but I have no idea who the Weathermay Foxgrove twins are and how they are related (if at all) to George Weathermay.

It seems like they're the latest stand-ins for Van Richten, as far as champions of light go.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Pretty much. They're George Weathermay's nieces, identical twins who hero-worshipped George and Van Richten and have determined to hunt monsters, no matter how great the social pressure to settle down and act ladylike. They were introduced by TSR as in-character editors for the three Monster Hunter's Compedium books, shortly after VR disappeared. Arthaus then placed them in the role of "lead writers" for the following 3E books: Van Richten's Arsenal I, VRG to the Walking Dead, VRG to the Shadow Fey, and VRG to the Mists.

The twins (fighter Laurie and wizard Gennifer) aren't up to VR's caliber of enemies yet, but they've been getting more powerful -- and a tad darker, of late -- as the books come out.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ross Perot as Azalin Rex. Seriously, check out the pic of Azalin in the old Black Box. He totally looks like Ross, especially with those ears!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

HuManBing wrote:This is probably indicative of how out of the loop I am as far as current affairs go in Ravenloft, but I have no idea who the Weathermay Foxgrove twins are and how they are related (if at all) to George Weathermay.

It seems like they're the latest stand-ins for Van Richten, as far as champions of light go.
In the two months since I made this post, I have now gotten my hands on Van Richten's Guide to the Walking Dead and also on Van Richten's Arsenal. So now I figure I'm up to speed on the twins and why they're important.
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Okay, so which part does Malcolm McDowell play? Whatever he wants, sure, but I'm thinking Godefroy.

Gary Oldman is a great d'Honaire. Both charismatically compelling and a chameleon that fades into the background at the same time.

And I'll get all the acting out of Johnny Depp I can by casting him as Lemot Sediam Juste.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I think Gary Oldman can be great as Azalin too.

I agree about Johny Depp too, he would be a great DL, despite I cannot place him right now.

What about Harkon Lucas? I don't remember if we have found an actor for him.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Orlando Bloom for Harkon Lukas..............
doctor-evil
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by doctor-evil »

How about Ian McShane as Harkon Lukas?

Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

David Tennant for Alfred Timothy.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005