Ravenloft actor/actress poll

Discussing all things Ravenloft
taintedsoul
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by taintedsoul »

If you are looking for a creepy smile, for Toben, I have a few suggestions:

The guy that played the villian from the Frighteners or Tim Curry.

What about Jim Carrey for Esan the Mad?
Samael Hands of Stone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Samael Hands of Stone »

What about that dude that played Baron Samedi in Live or Let Die (007)?

"In life, we all have our El Guapos..."
taintedsoul
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by taintedsoul »

taintedsoul wrote:If you are looking for a creepy smile, for Toben, I have a few suggestions:

The guy that played the villian from the Frighteners or Tim Curry.

What about Jim Carrey for Esan the Mad?
Jake Busey, that is his name. His smile is just creepy :shock:
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Alanik Ray »

Jason Am(brus) wrote:4. The Twins - Kate Beckinsale
PERFECT!!! :D
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Undead Cabbage wrote:
I think one darklord of increasing importance has been forgotten:

Anton Misori.
I may not be the most educated in this position, but maybe Samuel L Jackson?
Not quite as aristocratic as I pictured him. Interesting twist though. And Misori, despite being Lord of the Dead, didn't have much connection with Voodon.

Well, anyone who has seen the picture in Domains of Dread knows who that artist thinks should play him, but we need someone currently alive.
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

I agree, Kate Beckinsale would be the best for the twins.

But then again, my only condition would be that the Olsen twins stay the hell away from the role...there are some things that even the Dark Powers would suffer horror checks from.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Very long overdue post, but maybe you'll forgive me.

I think I've found a good Azalin (or at least Firan Zal'honan). William Fichtner has appeared in minor roles in the film Contact and as the hard-nosed FBI agent in Prison Break. He looks fairly stern, with a slightly aquiline face (while not being a parody of beakiness).

Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Looks a bit youthful, somehow (though according to the IMDB he'll turn 50 this year); I suppose makeup would take care of that.

The important thing is, how is his voice? For scenes where we see Azalin's true form he'd better have a compelling voice or it'll be like the new FF film all over again (I was NOT impressed by their Doom).
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Was Sean Bean in National Treasure as well ?What about Nick cage as Strahd btw
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I can't think why I didn't think of this earlier. (Or maybe I did, and posted it before. In which case, oops.) But Clint Eastwood would be a great Azalin. An elderly-yet-forceful man, with a voice that just barely breaks a whisper when he's enraged. Gimlet eyes, a strong nose, a perpetual scowl - just what the good doctor ordered. The only difference with Azalin's live face would be the unkempt dark hair, but that's easily taken care of with theater stagecraft.

Also bear in mind that Azalin has a Str score of 17.

This may not sound much at first, but keep in mind that he was an old man even before he became a lich, which means that his aging will have imposed a -3 or possibly even -6 penalty to his original Str score. That means at some point his Str was 20 or possibly even 23.

Suddenly, Clint Eastwood seems like a really good choice! :twisted:
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

This may not sound much at first, but keep in mind that he was an old man even before he became a lich, which means that his aging will have imposed a -3 or possibly even -6 penalty to his original Str score. That means at some point his Str was 20 or possibly even 23.
You forgot he actually did not age... He had many prisoners, in his dungeons, with a lot of life energy. ;)
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

What about RObert de Niro as Adam ( wasnt he quite excellent as the Frankenstein monster?)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Jakob wrote:
You forgot he actually did not age... He had many prisoners, in his dungeons, with a lot of life energy. ;)
Correction - he did not age at the same rate as a normal human, but he definitely did age.

Otherwise, why would he go through the trouble of Olessa and Irik?
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

HuManBing wrote:
Jakob wrote:
Correction - he did not age at the same rate as a normal human, but he definitely did age.

Otherwise, why would he go through the trouble of Olessa and Irik?
All right. Let's say he didn't age, rule-wise, phisically: he used steal vitality.

Anyway... We're going off-topic. So let's stop. :wink:
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Yes, my previous response already incorporated the fact that he used steal vitality. That's only a temporary respite at best. The spell's description even says it tends to get less useful with each repetition.

Now that I have thoroughly threadjacked this thread, I think it's only fair that I provide the new, updated look of Firan Zalhonan.

Last edited by HuManBing on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.