Elves and Dwarves: Generic books

Discussing all roleplaying games
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Elves and Dwarves: Generic books

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello,

In preparation to the *best campaign ever*, my Blackmoor campaign this fall, I am looking for generic d20 sites/ books on elves and dwarves.
Can anyone recommend me something, a book, a homepage, whatever?

BTW; I checked Steve Miller's Realm and decided that his prestige classes, bladeslinger and trader, were perfect for my game!

Thank you in advance!

Yours,

Rafael
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Races of Stone for Dwarves and Races of forests/wilderness/etc for elves.
I have Races of stone and it is a very good book (not something special however) but I don't think it is very suited for Ravenloft. While some feats and Prestige classes are very useful and adapt well in Ravenloft, the book is much more generic, magic heavy and optimistic for Ravenloft IMO.

Yet, if you have the money, buy it. It is a very good book and indeed some parts are useful although you need to change story of origin, etc. of the Dwarves.

Also I believe someone in the Fraternity, I don't remember who, has a book of Ravenloft dwarves in the work.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

That would be me. It's semi-done and I've moved onto the netbook for halflings.
Le Noir Faineant

Hehehe, looking forward to see your work, Dave.

As far as the Races - Books, you yourself don't seem to satisfied with them, do you, alhoon?

- I personally had thought more of stuff like *Bow and Blade* etc...

But I've found a far better thing:

VRG to the Shadow Fey! ... I wonder how the Fey will fit into Blackmoor... hehehe...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I'm quite pleased with the Races of Stone book but not very much. I'm not disappointed but . . .

VRG to the SFey is another thing. While the Races of Stone is a (slightly) above average book, VRG to the SFey is one of the best books I have. In fact when I travel (and I travel alot) I take with me a lap-top, PHB, VRG to SFey and VRG to WDead.

PS. I have successfuly used SFey as dwarves. You know small, stocky, beards, gold loving, good with tools and mining. Not as cheerful as gnomes and immortal. They were shorter then dwarves and their beards weren't that long but the dwarf in the party felt something similar in them.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant

alhoon wrote:I'm quite pleased with the Races of Stone book but not very much. I'm not disappointed but . . .

VRG to the SFey is another thing. While the Races of Stone is a (slightly) above average book, VRG to the SFey is one of the best books I have. In fact when I travel (and I travel alot) I take with me a lap-top, PHB, VRG to SFey and VRG to WDead.

PS. I have successfuly used SFey as dwarves. You know small, stocky, beards, gold loving, good with tools and mining. Not as cheerful as gnomes and immortal. They were shorter then dwarves and their beards weren't that long but the dwarf in the party felt something similar in them.
I am glad that I was so quick to make my copy sure these days; my retailer might stop to sell RL books, now that the line obviously was cancelled...

:) :(

I'll tread it with special care, knowing that you hold it in so high regards.

:)
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

If you want I could forward you an advanced copy of my dwarf article via e-mail.

And let's reign in the rampant, unconfirmed and unjustified speculation. It does not help the community or mood.
Le Noir Faineant

Hehe, reading your article as one of the first would be a pleasure! :D
Send it to me whenever you like!

And, of course, I don't want to create *panic* or bad mood and behaving like the old coot that jumps around with the banner *It's the end of the world!*, but really, the situation is pretty bad: Only for the record, I received just a mail by my FLGS, where it is said that they have to cancel part of my order, as WW has apparently run out of stock of some RL modules. (Namely, Gaz I, Gaz II and the DMG; I had just ordered them to complete my library here...)

I won't mention it any more, but I think this means for those who don't have all the books they want: Grab them, while you can.
Le Noir Faineant

Just a short note:

My shop has got a load of more Ravenloft books!
So it appears that WW is still having them in stock!

:)