We are so lucky to have the Frat and the Kargatane!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

We are so lucky to have the Frat and the Kargatane!

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

Hey guys! I think that we (we being the Ravenloft RPG community) are very lucky to have the Fraternity of Shadows here to share Ravenloft knowledge without have to deal with ads and pretentions. I also don't want to forget the Kargatane and its role in this as it existed before the Frat and filled this role until that nasty fire in Vallaki :Strahd:.

I have a friend who just started his own Forgotten Realms campaign and he came up with all sorts of questions but couldn't find a community to ask them in. He started to envy how I can come with any Ravenloft questions or musings and have an intelligent (most of the time anyways :lol: ) meeting of the minds. The Frat and the Kargatane even facilitated communication with the authors who worked on the products and who even continued to make products for Ravenloft. Thanks for that too by the way for both groups, QTR and the Book of S_ series are very useful and very fun to read, just to name a few examples.

So, I just wanted to thank the Frat and the Kargatane for setting up and maintaining this dark, dank corner of Ravenloft.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:D

To quote Gemathustra:

*I LOVE all of the fraternity members, but I could never eat a whole one.*
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Considering we are using parts of our free time to make the site work, it is great to have a little feedback on our slave labor of love once in a while.

However, it is fair to say we continue the "fair board" approach that was started at the Kargatane. The great mood found there worked here too. Steve Miller often said it, the Ravenloft community is the best of the D&D universe.

I had a few bad experience outside of this site recently, on other D&D boards, so unfortunately I can testify it's true... The Internet isn't a fair place to discuss, there is always someone who is an annoying nitpicking contrarian. I don't mind discussions, but when the person answering isn't listening, just nitpicking, and won't leave the thread, it's just that, i.e. an annoying pest.

What is cool indeed is that since November 2003, when we opened, we had to moderate the board a very limited number of time, compared to what I hear from other D&D boards mods.

It's cool because we are fans just like you.

Joël
Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

I'd say that we get a higher calliber community, here. Part of it is definitly the mature community that migrated from the old Malodorous Goat, but a lot of it is just luck. It would seem that our little site is under the radar for trolls, but still accessible to interested fans.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hi all,
Well i love this site too. Was a lurker for a time at the kargatane and here as well. It's just great to meet people with the same interests and this site has certainly enhanced my skills as a DM.
And in time I managed to point some people to this site as well, mostly my players and some friends who also want to follow my ravenloft adventures.
it is great to have a little feedback on our slave labor of love once in a while.
I am all in favor of slave labor.

jennifer
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Desdichado wrote::D

To quote Gemathustra:

Actually, it was "I LOVE all of the fraternity members, but I could never eat all of them at one sitting."
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Gemathustra wrote:
Desdichado wrote::D

To quote Gemathustra:

Actually, it was "I LOVE all of the fraternity members, but I could never eat all of them at one sitting."
While you would be only a light snack to us in return. Those big dinners are taking their toll.

Seriously though, what Joel and ScS said goes for me too.

Just remember, we are your Gods and you shall worship us :twisted:

Outisde this community though, I have also found some less than warm receptions. Several LJ communities for Ravenloft are terrible drama/flame war factories that are best avoided, the same goes on My Space groups. I guess we're just lucky we got all the best people ;)
Swallow your soul!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

As coordinators/moderators, not just as fans! I'm very, very happy and impressed with the work of the FoS staff, and can assure you that your efforts are appreciated. Splendid website, folks! **salutes** :D
Le Noir Faineant

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:Steve Miller often said it, the Ravenloft community is the best of the D&D universe.
Ditto. I even don't play RL at the moment, still I am very happy to have you all giving me company. :)

We are just one big dread family.
Le Noir Faineant

Desdichado wrote: We are just one big dread family.
:twisted: Spontaneous idea :twisted:

What about if we put our efforts together to write a *Legeacies of Blood II*
Or just a big NPC index, where everyone put's in his incarnation (aka favourite RL game character) with a little backstory. Not more than the stats and one page of description...

Would even more nice if every character had some of our personality's features...

:lucas: Interested?
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Desdichado wrote:
Desdichado wrote: We are just one big dread family.
:twisted: Spontaneous idea :twisted:

What about if we put our efforts together to write a *Legeacies of Blood II*
Or just a big NPC index, where everyone put's in his incarnation (aka favourite RL game character) with a little backstory. Not more than the stats and one page of description...

Would even more nice if every character had some of our personality's features...

:lucas: Interested?
*coughcough*clickherefortheresultslasttimesomeonesaidthat*coughcough*

Ah, the MGN, or "The reason I failed most of my first year."
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Le Noir Faineant

:cry: So it's already been done?

Can't we do it again? - Seems to have been fun... (for the editor too?)

:)
Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

But Drinnik, it was worth it mate ;)

However, the charatcer Megan Llewelyn may have been based on me at first, but she soon grew into something completely different.

I do think another netbook of NPC's would be a good idea though. Characters from the various games going on at the site, NPC's created for the book, that sort of thing. Sounds very cool to me.
Swallow your soul!
Le Noir Faineant

So, how do we start such a thing?

:) I think at first a thread for where we post the submissions would be a beginning... So everyone sees the project grow...
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Might also be a worthy theme for the next QtR. More Legacies of the Blood with lotsa NPCs and the like.