New monsters ? (another evil anticipation building post)

Books, movies, television and everything else
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hi brandi,
Oh well, you're american, you weren't know. Droste is a very famous Dutch chocolate producer. They also sell cocoa powder. They used to sell this in tins which depicted a traditional nurse (in a nun's uniform, all nurses used to be nuns) holding a tin of droste cocoa, which depicted a nurse holding a tin of, well you get the idea. This is called the droste effect in dutch.

there is a small picture to be found at http://escherdroste.math.leidenuniv.nl/ ... sub=droste

although David Hasselhoff was a moving picture, the idea is the same, a picture containing a smaller version of itself, containing a smaller picture of itself.

Jennifer
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Enough with the pictures and anims, they are enough to give even ME nightmares :(
Swallow your soul!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Moved by me to a more suitable board :)
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Jennifer wrote:Hi brandi,
Oh well, you're american, you weren't know. Droste is a very famous Dutch chocolate producer. They also sell cocoa powder. They used to sell this in tins which depicted a traditional nurse (in a nun's uniform, all nurses used to be nuns) holding a tin of droste cocoa, which depicted a nurse holding a tin of, well you get the idea. This is called the droste effect in dutch.
Ah, gotcha. Actually, they do sell Droste cocoa (and chocolates) in the nicer markets in the US, but the recursive box design I've never seen.
Sir T
Paladin
Paladin

Post by Sir T »

NEARRRGH!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!!

Uh, how come I can cook eggs in my hand now, but any milk I hold turns sour?

WHATS GOING ON??? :shock:

*cries*
Vae Victus!