No votes
other
3%

Total votes: 37

Vannax
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Vannax »

Dark Sun. Pretty much I like Dark Sun. The only difference in liking RL and DS for me is that I´m a Dungen Master in RL and a player in DS.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

*Hmmm... Is the question what my second favourite setting is?*

As I change my game setting every few months, even my fav setting is hard to name.

Historically, Greyhawk and Dragonlance would count as such, for I spent most of my RPG time with them. Birthright, as a place for an epic campaign in the Rjurik Highlands, deserves a honourable mention, too.

Now, in the last few years, my gaming style has evolved significantly and my preferences changed. Actually, besides my continuing interest in the settings I played when I was younger, I've become a full-fleshed Blackmoor/Wilderlands DM, and I believe that I'll stick with the setting for a long time.
I played and DMed in a dozen settings so far, but in short,
Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, Greyhawk and Ravenloft are my current favourites, with Dragonlance close to them.

:lol:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Forgotten Realms for me too. It's the first setting I played and I keep finding it intersting, the world, the races, the cities, even the story. You can have pretty cool adventures at Forgotten! :D
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Charlatan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charlatan »

Grethawk was my first love, and remains as such! Espcially the actually City of Greyhawk itself; there's always been something I found terribly apealing about a most urban campaign. You can adventure your heart out and never go more than 100 miles of the city itself! I pray for WotC to put out a huge, detailed 3e guide to Greyhawk City, even though I already have almost all the previous ones. I know that there's a map of it that I don't have, and it burns me up inside!
"One thing about livin' in Santa Carla I never could stomach... all the damn vampires."
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

I ll not vote because including the choice of ravenloft in a ravenloft forum is kinda a mean to get error results.

My favorite setting is of course ravenloft. Even if i don t really play in others setting, I read alot about them, and if a dungeon master would come and say what game do you want to play since you already DM Ravenloft and know about all the secrets?

I would answer Dragonlance and Planescape, perhaps Greyhawk.

Dragonlance, for the chivalric and romantic felling. I like the fact that gods exists but mortals don t pray to them even if they know their existence.

Planescape for the moral ambigutie and the fact that high fantasy is always better when you are in worlds that are as crazy as are the magic.

And Greyhawk because the pantheon seem to really be less crazy in his diversity (bordelique) and seem to be a classic medium fantasy game. I wish to play ToEE or RToEE one day.

About the FR, I don't like the worlds, when you go out of the underdark, the magic didn t seem to fit the worlds. And more than all, I HATE the gods omnipresence. If i have to play it, the setting will pass trough one phase or two of massive homebrewing change.

About Eberron, I am neutral, at first look i find it an ugly monster setting, but i look rapidly the campaign setting and it doesn t seem as crazy as it was at first look, wtih the five nations and the end of the great war, there is alot of political intrigue potential that could involve PC. Magic seem to be really present, but strong magic is as rare as in greyhawk.
Dark Whisper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Dark Whisper »

Not counting (and voting for) Ravenloft :

Planescape
Dark Sun

The Three Worlds : Santhenar, Aachan, Talallame (which would be Other; homebrew world based on Ian Irvine's quartetts "View from the Mirror" and "The Well of Echoes" - still working on it).

Alasea (again : Homebrew. This time loosely based upon "The Banned and the Banished" - serie by James Clemens. Again, I'm still working on it, although I doubt I'll ever finish it; I can't come up with the new rules I'd need...).
Whisspersss in the Dark...