Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

LD still running?

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello,

*That I hadn't thought of it before*

Is the Living Death campaign still going on?
- I believed it isn't supported by the RPGA website anymore.

But if it's still going on, I'd love to join some day!

Thank you,

Rafael

:soth:
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

Yes, the Living Death campaign is still running, though it is only set to run for 2 and 1/2 more years. At the outset, the campaign was only scheduled to last 10 years. It looks very much like it will complete its lifespan, making it perhaps one of the most successful Living campaigns out there.
Le Noir Faineant

:D Splendid!

How can I join?

:twisted: Can't wait to reveal as quabalist of the six-fingered hand...
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

Well, there is a bit of a problem on that note. In order to playing in Living Death or any Living campaign, you have to first attend a game convention where they host RPGA games.

Desdichado, I see that you live in Germany, so that might be more of a problem for you. However, I do know for a fact that they have RPGA gaming in Germany and that they have Living Death there. I've met RPGA gamers from Germany. However, you'll have to find out where the conventions are located.

The good news is that once you have joined the RPGA, you can start hosting games out of your house. So you only have to go the one time. Here's more information on the matter:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rp ... ip/welcome

Finally, know that you wouldn't be able to play a member of the Six-Fingered Hand. All PCs in the Living Death game are members of the White Rose qabal.
Le Noir Faineant

Thank you, Rucht!

I'll check if I can contact some german players via the usual rpg boards!
As I am currently starting to get involved into LG as well, I'll join the RPGA anyway, it seems.

:wink: Of course I knew that as LD player, you can only be part of the White Rose... No mentally sane person would try to play a Six-Fingerd Hand member,
I believe. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

No, really, it's annoying enough to have some players in fantasy games that start to take their CE alingment a bit to seriously. While I can ignore anrchical and evil behaviour by some of my friends, I'd definitely feel a bit disgusted about complete strangers taking such roles... One never knows if they actually *play*...

Thanks again!

wmelnick
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by wmelnick »

Desdicado,

I concur with Rucht's statement, the LD is still alive and well. To update yourself on the newest rules and read summaries of some of the major plotlines, you might want to check out the official LD website:

www.livingdeath.org.

You can download the Campaign Book and Hero Sheets there as well. Between Rucht and I, I think we can pretty much answer your questions about the campaign, if you have any others. But even then, Claire (the campaign coordinator) has the final word.

--Wayne Melnick
--Wayne
Le Noir Faineant

Thank you very much!

I go to cons very seldom and so I doubt that I could play there regularly. But can I sign up as DM as one can at Living Greyhawk and then start my own campaign based on the modules?
*Then I'd just open up my own LD campaign in my town.* :twisted:

Thank you!

wmelnick
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by wmelnick »

[quote="Desdichado"]Thank you very much!

I go to cons very seldom and so I doubt that I could play there regularly. But can I sign up as DM as one can at Living Greyhawk and then start my own campaign based on the modules?
*Then I'd just open up my own LD campaign in my town.* :twisted:
[quote]

No, but with the recent changes to the RPGA, all RPGA modules are now available for "home play." This means that you can order the module to play with your friends at your home (or theirs) at your convenience. Cons are no longer required....as long as you have the minimum you need to run a table.
--Wayne
Le Noir Faineant

:diamabel: :diamabel: :diamabel: :diamabel: :diamabel: :diamabel:

EVERY RPGA module, you say?! - EVERY LG, LR, LC or LD module!?

What? Where? How?

*Nearly got a heartattack!*

:wink:

That are amazing news! I just signed up at the RPGA, so... that is simply great!!!!

Can you please point me out where exactly I can download these files?

Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

The LD campaign is very much active; in fact, I just received mail two weeks ago from the organizers on how I could write my own adventures for LD-RPGA campaigns. For those who still play LD (currently set in the year 1898), the newly-formed Republic of the Philippines will very soon come into play. :)
Le Noir Faineant

:wink: It is said that the RPGA is the first station for many great writers of fantasy and fiction... Good luck on that!

wmelnick
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by wmelnick »

Desdichado,

What you need to do is go to the RPGA website, www.rpga.com. Once there, you need to pass the "Herald" level GM test (which is an open book test). When you achieve Herald level, then you can start to order any available module for home play (assuming there are no geographical restrictions like LG, but that's another story for another time).

Otherwise, all current LD modules are certainly available for homeplay. If you want recommendations, just ask. I'm sure people will be happy to pipe in!
--Wayne
Le Noir Faineant

Thank you!

Another question: I just sent my RPGA membership information to USA via normal mail. So, being already a member, but without having registered online, can I order the material likewise?

*Really, really don't like the nasty Herald Level Test... I am playing with 2e based houserules; the only thing I have of 3e is the SRD!*

... Will try to download some files and then report the result here... At least, I already have my account number...

Thank you again!

Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

wmelnick wrote:Desdichado,

What you need to do is go to the RPGA website, www.rpga.com. Once there, you need to pass the "Herald" level GM test (which is an open book test). When you achieve Herald level, then you can start to order any available module for home play (assuming there are no geographical restrictions like LG, but that's another story for another time).

Otherwise, all current LD modules are certainly available for homeplay. If you want recommendations, just ask. I'm sure people will be happy to pipe in!
Damn, I was all excited cause I've wanted those modules for a while. But again I am denied because I'm not an RPGA member. Pesky cons hardly ever come to Western Canada...
wmelnick
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by wmelnick »

David of the Frat wrote:
wmelnick wrote:Desdichado,

Damn, I was all excited cause I've wanted those modules for a while. But again I am denied because I'm not an RPGA member. Pesky cons hardly ever come to Western Canada...
David,

Just join the network. There is no fee associated with it, so there should be no hassle in doing so. If you can't join online (and I'm not sure if you can these days), just write the RPGA and ask them to mail you some membership cards to fill out by hand and *gasp* return via snail mail.

Once the membership is in the database and you pass the Herald test (which really isn't that bad), then you can order any available LD module at will.

Any other questions?
--Wayne