Enchanted/Magical Items of Gothic Earth

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Seal of State-Transmitting Power
The Seal is a legendary treasure, having been crafted for the first emperor of the Zhou dynasty, to commerate his victory over the corrupt Shang emperor. Since then, the seal served as a symbol of the "Mandate of Heaven," granting its owner the authority to rule over China. It has been passed down from emperor to emperor, from dynasty to dynasty, until it was lost during the Boxer Rebellion, around 1900.
The Seal of State-Transmitting Power is a 6-inch tall dragon carved of dark green jade. It gets its name from the literal translation of the inscription on its bottom, which reads either as "By The Authority of the Emperor," or "By The Power of the State."

FORBIDDEN LORE:
The Seal does indeed grant its possessor the authority of Heaven. By issuing a decree while holding it, or using it to stamp a written contract, the current owner may place a geas on any other sentient creature. If a being who has been commanded by the seal's owner refuses to obey, then he/she/it will literally wither away and die, unless they comply, or the owner relents.
As powerful as the Seal is, it is not a toy, and must never be abused. Those who use the Seal to command others to commit evil acts in their name must make a powers check for every such command issued. Furthermore, those who abuse the Seal's power risk being visited by dire calamities that culminate with the complete destruction of the owner, sometimes metaphorical, sometimes literal.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
The Pickled Punk
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by The Pickled Punk »

What about the Ark of the Covenant?
The Kosher Pickled Punk of the Carnival
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

I think someone once did stats on it. I think it was in that netbook of D20 Modern Movie conversions (the one that the Man shut down a year or two ago).
I think they listed it as a summoning artifcat, which brought spirits with a nymph death gaze.
Evil Reigns!!!!
The Pickled Punk
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by The Pickled Punk »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:I think someone once did stats on it. I think it was in that netbook of D20 Modern Movie conversions (the one that the Man shut down a year or two ago).
I think they listed it as a summoning artifcat, which brought spirits with a nymph death gaze.
Ah yes, DarkSoldier's Indiana Jones conversion. Sorry to hear it got shut down. However I don't know if that has the atmopsphere for MotRD, or if it conformed to anything other than the Ark as presented in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The Kosher Pickled Punk of the Carnival
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Has anybody done anything on the Tooth of Buddha?