Revenloft Fodder

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Revenloft Fodder

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth »

I'm not sure if any of you guys have read "Villians" from Bastion Press, but I though there were a few characters that would fit in rather well in Ravenloft...

Alystin Azmrrial: Her past of caring for her insane noblewoman mother (that she later killed) who she might've inherited her intense vanity and paranoia about losing it from has some nice Ravenloft-eske aspects. Not to mention her great political power, desire to torture and maim any woman who is as pretty as her, treating people as playthings, and her plan to rob her subjects' youth and beauty to perserve her own for eturnity could make for a great DL if her plan was to work. You'd have a domain full of Calibans where beauty is received as dangerous. As for Alystin's curse; let her have her eturnal beauty, but rob her of her sight so she can never enjoy it.

The Skinrazer: This guy would make for a great Jack-the-Ripper type villian who can also make slaves of his victims. The name alone could send shivers up the PC's spines.

Sharu'tai: Give her a boogeyman angle, put her in Richemoult, and you'd have a good, savage adversary who can use the sewers to her advantage for a mid-level party. Besides, Ravenloft needs more Demihuman villians.
I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Besides, Ravenloft needs more Demihuman villians
More demi-human recipies maybe.. I love broiled halfling.. :)
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

maraudar wrote:
Besides, Ravenloft needs more Demihuman villians
More demi-human recipies maybe.. I love broiled halfling.. :)
I prefer "Peasant Under Glass," myself.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Nah, too spicy.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

I have found that Elven sweetbreads served with the marrow of Dwarf bones and garnished with Halfling and Gnome liver pate is quite a tasty mixture. It is a famous Darkonese recipe.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

How about

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth »

Kartakass Fried Kender is always a favorite of mine. Loaded with Harkon's 666 herbs and spices.
I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I've got that book. A lot of the higher level villains therein like the Skinrazer are gruesome enough, but have the power to challenge the darklords themselves. Alystin Azymrial, the Queen of Beauty, seems twisted and vain enough to have her own domain the Sunset City. Perhaps her curse is something similar to what Elizabeth Balthory (sp?) may have if she was a darklord.

Sharu'tai might also work in Darkon, given its various humanoid populations. Sketter Haskinall could work there also, and may even start out as a patron for the PCs, who do not know about his dark past. Nelilah could work there as well.

The story of Syeranni Taltelia sounds like it might work with Sithicus and a nearby human town. Her elven noble father and his great arrogance might fit the Sithican elven demeanor. The "king" mentioned in her background might be a petty Invidian rebel leader. You could also replace the orcs with a band of particularly degenerate calibans or broken ones that have suffered at the hands of both the nearby elves and humans.

"Boss Sloan" the mad gnome trap master, and his asylum might be place somewhere off the coast of Darkon. His asylum could be the only place for demihumans to get mental treatment. Sloan might keep in frequent contact with Dr. Dominiani, or he may serve directly under him. The ghost of the deceived Daela Salfaral, who believes Sloan to be a good man, is a nice touch for Ravenloft. Perhaps Sloan's deadly maze has become a great sinkhole of evil, or even a full-blooded phantasmagoria that demands regular victims.

Gulgulasha the hideously ugly goblin mystic could serve as a leader of the goblins in Tempest, where she might seek to get adventurers to eliminate the 3 Hags or the evil treants there. She might seek the power of becoming a hag herself or have hagblood in her, given her resemblance.

Nerashka Mangutter might serve as a thorn in the side of boyarskies ruling the Frozen Reaches or the patriarchal dictatorship of Falknovia. Her hatred of men might make her a good female counterpart for ol' Vlad. The bandit queen might even seek to instigate some sort of rebellion.

Rictus Kilgrave, the vampire clown and ringmaster of the traveling Kilgrave circus, would probably have to work more subtlety than as presented. He could serve as an evil antagonist for Isolde and Carnival and perhaps provide motivation for hostile reactions against it. Perhaps the Kilgrave circus might even be a pocket domain.

Tyslator Krune is powerful and fiendish enough you might want to put him in an out of the reach place, perhaps wandering the deserts of Kalidnay or the Amber Wastes. Given his lack of humanity, he might serve best treated as other evil outsiders are in Ravenloft. His personal lair might be a pocket domain.

Xryth, the fiend shark might serve as a bane to the were-shark lord of Saragossa or wander along the mistways linking the waters of Ravenloft.