Treachery, lies and secrets

The Halfling campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel thinks for a couple of minutes Ivana’s offer. The half –elf didn’t have any particular weakness before, with his innate powers he could resolve almost all situation. But now… Now Kimuriel finds himself powerless, without a direct way to protect himself, almost at his enemy’s mercy. This thought terrifies the psion.

Looking carefully Heinrich, the detective’s glance goes to bodyguard’s armor which seems damaged from the encounters, but for sure seem that can hold many more blows and slashes. As psion, Kimuriel knows that he cannot use heavy armors, but he can pretty well get a light one. With an armor and his gun, he would be safer at least from some enemies. The problem though remained the damage or the effect from spells. From the little he knows about magic, Kimuriel knows that exist some items that can prevent the effect of the spells or making a globe around the target or making it more resistant to them.

“Thank you very much for your offer Lady Boritsi, I’m glad that I had the opportunity to serve a leader as you. Since we had encountered enemies that had used against us spells, I wonder if it’s possible to have an item that can prevent the effect of the spells. I have heard that exist items which make the user more resistant to spells and often ignore their effect. Do you think that is possible to have such an item?”
Last edited by VAN on Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Simone looked to his friend Ixevim and nodded a silent thanks.

"I wish to find what may be left of my family. If this is not possible I request respite. I was never mean't for this life and now... I feel... I feel so many things, that I have been given a second chance, that I can breathe again and touch and taste. I want a life in a world I am not sure will accept me."

"But we will." Ivana nodded "We can consult our censis documents, your heraldry and what may have been -I am not sure what has happened to you sir but I can promise you something to give you purpose and joy. You keep strange friends. The illithid is unique among the others of its kind I have encountered before" she added turning to Kimuriel "And you Mr De Van, for your reward I give you this boon." Ivana removed a Jade and Obsidion ring from her finger and placed it in the half-elf's hand. May it help you as much as you have helped me." she closed her hands over his own in reassurance
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel looks his closed fist and smiles, then his glance passes to Ivana.

"Thank you very much Lady Ivana. I'm sure that your gift will help me at the hard times that may come."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim's telepathic voice reaches everyone in the room. "Thank you for taking care of my ally, Lady Boritsi. Simone, I'm glad you found a new life. Perhaps I'll seek you later to see how you are faring in these strange times. Goodbye for now Simone, we will probably meet again."

Turning his blank face towards Ivana Boritsi Ixevim sends again a telepathic message. "You have mentioned you met my kin before, may I ask when and if you know, which? While we were in the dungeons of your Manor . . . " Ixevim sends the image of the three strange men they met in the dungeons handing the key to the party " . . . We met these people that helped us release Lady Romaine. Later, we found them again at the confrontation in the Ball Room and discovered they are mind flayers. May you know of them?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Heinrich pushes huimself up to a more upright position, though some great effort is put into the feat.

"My lady, your offer is a generous one, though at this time I feel I have greater urgency in my recovery, in time, should I think of anything I will be certain to bring it to your attentions."
Swallow your soul!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Ivana thinks on the image for a moment but it is evident she does not recognise them.

"I have met more of your kin than I would wish, but I have never seen these three before. I wish I could help more." with that she turned to the door after acknowledging Heinrich's statement "I shall leave you alone now. Matters of State draw me back to my world -thankyou for giving me respite. You may rest here tonight but leave whenever you wish. Artemis... " she looked over to her brother and sadness crossed her face for an instant before she forced herself to return to what others usually saw her to be. Winking and giving him a sultry smile she opened the door and walked out.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

"I am indeed very grateful for your hospitality my lady."

The aging warrior then sinks down int othe couch once more, wincing from the pain from his most recent wounds, as well as a few reminders of old ones that flaired up from the battle.
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel's look follows Ivana's paces out of the room. After this day full of events, the half-elf's face seems finally calm.

"I think now we can rest without being preoccupied for attacks, I doubt that anyone would try to harm us here, especially after Lord Pieter's death. I'm really exausted."

Kimuriel makes some steps towards the tray with the food but almost immediately turns to his heels and looks back to the two wizards.

"May one of you help me find out what this ring do?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"But of course." Artemis answered moving over and examining the ring. After several minutes he looked over to the half-elf "It indeed gives you a certain amount of protection from spells, but without further analysis I cannot judge the full extent of its powers -unfortunatley you may recall I am rather labless for the present. I would venture a guess by its pictograms though that it is more than a simple ward. Lady Borca rarely keeps the mundane close to her person. Be careful Kimuriel."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sends Simone only a telepathic message.
"If you need my help or you feel that somebody, man or woman, plots against you, send me a message. Coded it. Tell me about your research about the Bioconstruct in a letter as a sign of danger. Keep this arangement a secret even, and especially from, your Host."

Simone sends Ixevim his reassurance and gratitude.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel looks one more time the ring and twirls it to his fingers.

"But why Lady Borca has given me an item that can probably harm me? It's really strange. Thank you Artemis, I'll be more cautious possible."

With that Kimuriel places the ring in one of the pockets of his cloak. He feels very weak this moment and he wouldn't want to find out if this magical item can really harm him or not. The next morning when he would be more refreshed and hopefully able to use his powers, he would try to put it on his finger.
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Thankyou Ixevim." Simone says "I owe you so much but now feel we should seperate. There is just so much I want to do and its all thanks to you." the man said, emotion choking his voice before turning to the door and leaving with a final nod of his head as a mark of respect.

"So chaps, I take that its time for a little R&R. But where to next eh? We should lay our plans... staying in Borca isn't as attractive as it used to be -revolutions never end over night and I intend to take a chance to shoot through if I can." Artemis clapped his hands cheerfully addressing Ixevim and Kimuriel
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Remember the Church." Ixevim just replied.
A few moments later he added. "I filled tired too Artemis, so I agree with some sleep. Should we summon someone to lead us to a room to rest? We can't just sleep in here."
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis nodded and moved outside the room for a moment, when he returned he had a servant in tow.

Leading them to a disused room that had obviously not originally been designed as a bedroom the group were allowed to rest on the sparse bedding available. Heinrich and Nostalia were moved by guards so as not to disturb them from their rest on the two sofa.

It was several hours before some could even talk such was their exhaustion. Surprisingly Artemis himself seemed tired though he had hidden it well.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich awoke in his room, his clothing had been removed and taken away, in their place were clean articles. Testing his wounds he found they hirt a great deal less than they had earlier, some of the wounds looked as if they had healed several weeks in the past few hours, a effect of the potion given to him by Artemis. Or at least he suspected so. Still sore and somewhat stiff, he moved gingerly from the bed and dressed. Finding his sword and dagger resting against the wall where someone had carefully placed them, he puleld out the blades to find them cleaned and sharpened. Though he disliked having his blades handled so by another, he was glad to find them in good condition.

Tying his sword belt abour his waist and stuffing his mercy dagger into a new boot, he limped across the room to find that he could not walk any further and rested against the door. A quick scan of the chamber revealed a walking cane, reaching for it he braced his injured leg with the support of the cane in his opposite hand and opened the door. Immediately he saw the guard standing watch opposite and raised a casual salute.

"Where are the others and who brought me here? Also tell me where my armour is."

The guard remained silent a moment before answering, as if unsure as to whether he were permitted to do so.

"Your companions are resting as far as I know, the Lady Romaine is under constant attention in case her condition worsens, you were also for a time before they noted that your wounds were not infected and safe from infection. Several of the house staff brought you here, I do not know of your armour."

Heinrich huffed to himself and kept a stern expression.

"I want my chain found and brought to me immediately, I also wish to know of my companions and notice of any change in Lady Romaine's condition. In fact I wish you to take me to her."

"Sir, I am not permitted, I am only to stand watch over your chamber and be sure you are safe."

"Well, if you want me safe you had better accompany me hadn't you? Try to argue and you will be truly sorry, I've been fighting longer than you have been alive. Do not underestimate my age."

Without another word the former soldier turned about and looked down a somewhat familiar corridor, hesuspected they had placed him in the same room he had been given before or nothr close by, neither time had he really paid mucha attention to the rooms except here they may be entered and how to defend them against any possible attack. Choosing a direction he started off, the guard following close behind.
Swallow your soul!