Treachery, lies and secrets

The Halfling campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Rosette gets the dice and rolls a skull a 5, a 3 and a 6.

Then is again Kimuriel’s turn. He scores a 5, a 6 and a pair of 2.

“It’s your turn Heinrich.”

Says Kimuriel while handles him the dice.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Heinrich takes the dice and rolls them, he scores a 2, a 3, a 4 and a skull, possibly the worst result he could have rolled, he was glad it was not for money or he'd have lost a small fortune on that roll.

"Hmph, not the best result, here Kimuriel."

He passes the dice to the man hoping his luck would change in the near future, he'd won and lost alot of gold playing this game, losing more than he'd won, but he wasn't usually this bad at it. He turned to look out of the wagon to keep check on their surroundings and to see if any threat lurked nearby.
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

The rest of the day passed uneventfuly with the companions play with the dice and talking a bit about themselves. Kimuriel narates them a few of his adventures.

But at the afternoon of third day Kimuriel with the corner of his eye notices 2 horses follow the carriage from a not very long distance.

“I think we have company. I’ll avert Artemis, Heinrich, arm the crossbows please we maybe need them.”

A missive reaches Artemis’ mind:

Artemis, 2 horses follow the carriage, maybe there is an ambush, be careful.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim was in deep concentration at the time, thinking about spells and psionics, mentally exploring some ideas, so he didn't catch a glimpse of the two men.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel notices that Ixevim hasn't listened him, so he jogs him and repeats:

"Ixevim, I have seen two horses following us, but I haven't discern their riders yet. May you check them?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich nodded, he was hoping the tedium would be over for a while. He truly loathed travelling when all there was to do was sit around. He picked up two of the crossbows and offered one out with a serious attitude, any sign he'd had of joviality had left his person, he was all business.

"Anyone know how to shoot? Just point the thing and pull the trigger, it's simple."

"If there's trouble, stay together, do not get split up from the group, especially if we are forced to leave the carriage. If they are ranged weapons, stay low and behind cover, take your attacks when you can and when they will count. SUpport one another and no heriocs."

He nodded to Rosette.

"Stay in the carriage miss and no harm'll come to you, stay put unless I say otherwise, this is what I'm here for."

Proping the butt of a crossbown on his knee, he pointed it up, keeping close to the window so he can see out, looking back the way they had came. He was not able to see much from where he was, but could make out the shadow of one of the orses that tailed them.

"A good twenty to thirty yards back, means it will take them a little time to catch up if that is their plan, even at full gallop. Get your weapins ready lads, we'll sort 'em out if they are seeking trouble. They'll wish they'd never crossed swords with a Falkovnian."

He'd taken out more men singlehandedly in the past, but he was younger back then, he wasn't injured either, his mobility was severely hampered, but he knew he could take at least one, and there were four of them, not counting Rosette.
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Not again Ixevim thought frustrated.
"Let's not kill anyone until we find out their motives first, but let's not be naive either. Prepare yourselves. I'll read their thoughts." He send to everyone.
Concentrating, he send his mind to scan the area behind the carriage. Soon, he got glimpses of the animals' minds and that of the humans riding them.

OOC> You know, DC 17, what do they think? I.e. the detect thought's range is 60'
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel gets a crossbow and cautiously he looks outside one more time but the trees of the wilderness don’t let him see the horses again, but he is sure that they are still following them. Listening Heinrich’s words Kimuriel smiles:

“You seem have encountered thieves many times Heinrich. However, I and Ixevim have our own way getting part in a battle and trust me psionics are many times more effective than bullets or arrows. With a mind blast we can immobilize both horses and riders. So I think if they are thieves it’s better if we attack first, they will not expect an attack like this! Do you agree Ixevim?”
- W H A T ! ? !
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

He cast Kimuriel a grim expression.

"I want to be certain they are planning to attack us before we strike at them. We do not need to be cast as outlaws in this land, it will make things prove troublesome at best."
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sent them a telepathic message "I agree with Heinrich Kimuriel. I'm against rushed actions in general, not in just this case."
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel looks his companions surprised:

“I haven’t said to attack them on sight! Only if they have… evil thoughts! Anyway we will decide when Ixevim says us what they are thinking.”
- W H A T ! ? !
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich frowned. "Be certain of their evil thoughts, should they have any; they may still not be aimed toward us."
Swallow your soul!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Ixevim's psionic tendrils moved outwards, there goal born of curiosity and safety. As they reached their targets a sudden weight was placed upon Ixevim's mind. Severing his probes without a second thought he was able to avoid the worst of the backlash. He had encountered the feeling before -undead.

The travelling two rode closer. One was dressed in a cross between a black smock and poncho with a wide brimmed hat. The other was covered completely in a plague protection outfit, the pointed cap with goggle windows for eye holes and long wide sleeves covering glove hands identified it as such.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Ixevim swears loudly. He looks the others with his expressionless face and only the tone of his voice reveals his fear as he says:

“Undead”.

Then he casts a spell on himself.

Kimuriel looks one more time out of the window, the riders are closer now, but it’s difficult for the psion to shoot with the crossbow, the carriage is running and many trees are between them. Kimuriel decides that will be better if he prepares himself for a closing combat, so concentrates and touches his chest. A translucent matter appears and covers him.

Then Kimuriel turns to Heinrich:

“I can make you fly if you want so you will not have problem with your leg and if we have more time I can manifest inertial barrier on you too. What do you say?”
- W H A T ! ? !
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich hoisted his crossbow and stuck his head out of the window.

"Just get me a clear line, I can fire just fine that way."

He wondered if it were possible to get on the roof. He pointed to it.

"Give me a hand getting up there, I'll be fine then, but have a spare crossbow ready for me, I'll be wanting it fast after I fire this one."

He hoisted himself out ot the window a bit and called back in for someone to give his good leg a lift.
Swallow your soul!