Scariest Movie Moments

Books, movies, television and everything else
lildog7
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by lildog7 »

I’d have to say the end of Poltergeist when bodies started popping out of the ground… I couldn’t sleep all night after that one.

The look of the corpse in Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things bugged me out a little too for some reason.

Deliverance… “you sure do have a purty mouth” That scene disturbed me to no end. Still wont go rafting with my friends because of that. On a similar note to that one was the coke bottle scene in I Spit on your Grave. But for whatever reason, the later didn’t bother me as much.

One movie I haven’t seen yet but the trailer freaks me out is an independent film called Baby’s Breath. I haven’t been able to find a copy of it in any of my video stores but you can view the trailer online… looks creepy as all hell.
daffy72
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by daffy72 »

The movie phantasm scared the living s**t out of me as a little kid.
The shining is an excellent one too.

When i saw House in the theaters my friend and I were screaming one second then laughing a few seconds later. It never held up after the first viewing but its the only movie i recall actually screaming at.

Good call about Evil Dead, that scene where the girl is sitting there mocking the others still freaks me out.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Here's one for you...

LIVING DOLL

Not the Cliff Richard song, but the horror movie that apepared around 1990, it is still the only movie I have seen and refuse to watch on the grounds of it being to sick for it to be allowed to exist.
Swallow your soul!
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

Kelliack wrote:
Ivana_Boritsi wrote: Evil Dead 1: Some of that was truly disturbing. The Tree scene. The first time the camera (the secret whateveritis) chases the cast. The Scenes where the possessed girl just sits there and taunts the others. "we're gonna get you. He he he."
You forgot the creepiest moment, not scary per say but still bugs me... the scene where the pencil gets jabbed in teh girl's ankle. Yeesh...
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Bwah! I had repressed that memory - and was blissfully unaware - until now!
Evil Reigns!!!!
sabbattack
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by sabbattack »

One thing that keeps creeping me no matter how many times I've seen it is the whole scene of german expressionism of the 20's. The original Nosferatu and of course Dr. Calligari are exceptionally disturbing works of art, and sometimes I even doubt if Max Shrek is human after all..... :shock: :shock:
Beauty is in the [i]eye[/i] of the Beholder. Everything else is in its stomach....

I always respected [b]Fixxxer[/b], so I proudly present you [url=http://www.dndarchive.com]his own DnD site[/url]!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Which is exactly the premise Shadow of the Vampire played on, a generally good movie if you ask me.
Swallow your soul!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Not exactly a movie, but has anyone seen those insanely creepy "Wake up with the King" commercials from Burger King? :shudder:

There's one here you can watch:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2107697

But there's an even creepier one I saw last night. A man wakes up, his wife is brushing her teeth, he opens the front door, the King is standing waaaaay far away in his yard. He turns to look at his wife. He turns back to the door, and the KING IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!!! smiling, and offering a crossan'wich....
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

You know, you're right about those commercials -- the guy who wakes up next to the Burger King in bed is pretty creepy...

My movie pick goes to a '70s chiller called "Don't Look Now," based on a Daphne Du Maurier story, with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie as a couple in Venice who are still dealing with the recent death of their child. The damn creepiest ending I've ever seen...
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
lildog7
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by lildog7 »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Here's one for you...

LIVING DOLL

Not the Cliff Richard song, but the horror movie that apepared around 1990, it is still the only movie I have seen and refuse to watch on the grounds of it being to sick for it to be allowed to exist.
I had to look that one up since I'd never heard of it before and I consider myself fairly well schooled in any horror movie older then about 5 years old.

Sounds a bit like the movie Nekromantik which came out in '87. Nekromantik isn't what I would consider scary but it's worth watching if you want all out gore. It's about a guy and girl who are into sex with the dead so he steals corpes, problem is he can't get one freesh enough for his girl. Never the less it has some very pron level sex in it using dead bodies.

The follow up Nekromantik II is a much better film but still not exactly what I would consider scary. Although if you want out right perversion you might like the first better. Hard to say though since they both were "interesting".
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

The scene in "The Eye" when the girl is roaming through the hospital, and she can hear a woman moaning faintly, and she can see the shadow woman at the end of the hall. Then she towards it and it disappears for a minute only to reappear directly behind her and moans loudly. That scene just totally creeped me out and still does too...
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

sorry i havent been on for awhile

Post by Shoon VII »

i've been watching the Millenium DVD set recently.

you can take your pick of scary moments from this show.

i got a new job as the Director of a Beacon Center here in Philly and i've been working 12 hour days in preparation for our summer camp. sorry i havent posted for awhile.
Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess ourselves.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

lildog7 wrote:I had to look that one up since I'd never heard of it before and I consider myself fairly well schooled in any horror movie older then about 5 years old.

Sounds a bit like the movie Nekromantik which came out in '87. Nekromantik isn't what I would consider scary but it's worth watching if you want all out gore. It's about a guy and girl who are into sex with the dead so he steals corpes, problem is he can't get one freesh enough for his girl. Never the less it has some very pron level sex in it using dead bodies.

The follow up Nekromantik II is a much better film but still not exactly what I would consider scary. Although if you want out right perversion you might like the first better. Hard to say though since they both were "interesting".
Living Doll is the only movie that has made me physically sick... then again, the entire movie is sickening. Myself and a friend weren' sure what it was when we started to watch it, let me just say it took us a few weeks to finish watching it, after the mid-point of the movie we could only stomach about 5 minutes of the movie at a time befpore we had to switch it off.

I am glad that is one movie that has become banned in alot of countries though, even if I am generally against censorship ;)
Swallow your soul!
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Another vote for the Burger King; I keep expecting to see his hands and face smeared with the blood of his victims. :shock:
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Forget the Burger King, does anyone remember Donald McDonald, predacessor of the gawd of the golden arches? Long time ago the world's most evil franchise payed Bozo the Clown to invent a mascott - the result was a gravel-voiced nightmare with a paper cup for a nose.
There is nothing scarrier than a clown watching TV in the dark.
Evil Reigns!!!!