What is Eberron?

Discussing all roleplaying games
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

With Dungeons and Dragons Online using it as setting, it may turn into a major hit.

My personal theory is that WotC is slowly killing/outsourcing everything TSR, and sustituting it by *house* products.
First, they killed off Greyhawk, then E is supposed to replace FR as the main merchandising setting etc.

:shock: Whatever will come...

:soth:
darrius_adler
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by darrius_adler »

This post is probably way late for the topic but I have added Eberron to the settings that I collect (Current List: Ravenloft, Eberron, Deadlands). I like the style and feel of the setting, it is of course what you make of it. As of this point my games still have the horror feel to them (11 years of running Ravenloft makes it hard to shift gears :D )). I'll get to the noir and pulp feel eventually. There is actually part of the Eberron rules I will be transporting into Ravenloft next time I run the setting: Clerics that follow a god can be of any alignment and still recieve spells. Its all about how they aproach church doctrines. To me it makes the clerics in Tepest fit better. For the most part what I like most about Eberron is the new twists on standard races. Just in case anyone is interested in some free material below is a link to the Dragonshard articles at WotC. They expand on the setting info and can give a decent impression of things without needing to purchase the book.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archeb/ds