A halfling sits down (OOC5)

The Halfling campaign
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I say we let the campaign continue and I think Coan would makea good candidate to keep it moving. It would be a shame to let the game die now I have finally managed to get my character somewhere in the middle of things. The Church saga has alot going for it that can be continued for some time to come, ebnemies appearing all thetime, new internal dilemmas who who can and cannot be trusted. The intrigue is the and it could turn into a full-blown seperate campaign in it's own right at this rate. It reminds me alot of the Galen Saga when that was in it's early days.

If a Masque game did start up Coan, I'd be interested, I never got to play much Masque in the 2E days and it would be fun to see a 3.5 version of it running online.
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

What tragic situation. It’s really difficult for me to propose something. The truth is that Halfling walks for over 2 years and I enjoy very much getting part. But at the same time I enjoy Paridon’s campaign too.

As about start a new campaign at Gothic Earth, I don’t prefer it.

Coan is a great DM and I’m sure he can do great job with Halfling and since we (Church’s group) have many things to do I think that we should go on.

The best choice for me is to get someone else Halfling or at least assists Coan, (maybe Wiccy or Shadowcast :roll: ) so Coan can keep Paridon. :wink:

I love these 2 campaigns (and also Kimuriel and Inovidil)and I really want to keep on with them.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

I am ashamed. I don't feel I have the right to express opinion in this forum, as I haven't been a very active member of late ('late' being, oh, eight months). I guess my heart just went out of the game when Bela and Chartreuse left. I can't help but feel a bit guilty.

It seems the Halfling story got a bit too big too fast. It has a long history, involves great players lorded over by a benevolent and handsome DM ( :wink: ), and as a result, it was something that people wanted to be a part of. But after the initial explosion, I suppose an implosion was in the cards. I'd hate to see it go away, but I think it should go back to being a one-story-thread campaign.

Coan, how's that new job?
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The job is ok, kind of boring at the moment with not much to do.

But it takes up time in my day hence I can't DM two different games (I've got real life games running as well you see).
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I'm surprised more people haven't rushed at the chance to speak their mind.

If someone (possibly me or someone else) picks up Halfling I shall make a list of those willing to continue. This list is evolving as goes so feel free to correct me.

Definites
Wiccy (I actually wrote Heinrich here as your name. To used to referring to you as him).
VAN
alhoon
Coan
Tadelin

Unknown
Jason (you probably don't have time but if you want to be a player you would be more than welcome)

And assorted others who have yet to post.
Last edited by Coan on Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I haven't been in the saga for all that long and feel I don't really know enough to help run it. Though I followed the campaign fo a long time before joining in, I just feel others are better qualified than me at DM'ing things.

I am definately in for playing though :)
Swallow your soul!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

I hate having to admit this, but when Bela and Chartreuse disappeared, I got relagated to lurking on this board. Sucks, too. I'd like to be playing this character.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Poor Bela and Char, I wonder if Cole is still around.

Ok Tadelin I'll mark you down as definite. Shadowcast? Whisper? I can't remember the new players but you were promised a seat by Jason so as (unofficial) liquidator for the enterprise I can still write you down as players if you want.
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

Coan wrote:Xanthippe (you've been saying you want to come back to rping but if you want to do it you'll actually have to do it :wink: )
Coan, it's sweet of you to still consider me after my bad behaviour, but I think I'll take a pass. I'd hate to disappoint you, or to garner the anger of my peers, by not keeping up with the thread appropriately.
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Oh but it would disapoint me more for your decline. Very well though your point is noted and perhaps best as a super large group makes playing messy.

We evidently have enough interest from key players and the votes are of a number that halfling should continue.

I'd like to get the campaign kick started soon regardless of who GMs it. Perhaps to help structure the game and give the players what they want we should ask them what they would like.

I put it to you (the posters) to say what you would like more or less of in the Halfling game and on ways to improve it. This criteria can extend anywhere from 'I would like to see more of my character background explored and in particular the section I wrote concerning XYZ' to 'More vampires and liches!' all the way to 'Can we have the adventures more interactive with pictures and maps etc'.

The explanation on why you want this can be as little or large as you want. However I request that no one give out unknown OOC information.

Post away.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I think the Church storyline should keep going, there is alot to be explored in it.

The romance that is building between heinrich and Nostalia can be a great opportunity for some dramatic dilemmas and threats in time.

If the group go back, Heinrich could go with them, but face the dilemma of what would happen if he met himself from that time.

Who is a traitor? No one knows yet, if anyone is a traitor at all! Lotsof intrigue.

Ixezim and the three mindflayers that came for him, what was it they wanted exactly and what is happeningnow with the contamination that appeared? Another plot to explore.

I would like to see more of an investigation into exactly how Simone came back, there can be dark minds at foot :twisted:

Basically I'd like to see the Church thread explore what is going on now and what is starting to develope, there is alot of scope to build on and from and perhaps spin more threads off from it with different groups. The group in it may reach a point where their interests lay in more than one direction, taking the group apart into splinter cells to go off in different directions.

Another possibility with heinrich is that if the others go back, if he did stay in his own time, what would happen to him from there on? I see him remaining to protect Ivana and Nostalia and build on the romance developing, allowing some further potential for him to grow. Who else is threatening Ivana now that Pieter has been chased off (for the time being at least).

I would like to see a little more combat in the campaign, though I love roleplaying and not much of a hack and slash fan, some fighting is good to break things up a little :)
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Coan wrote:Jason (you probably don't have time but if you want to be a player you would be more than welcome)
I would be willing to step down into a player postition. While my time is limited, I should be able to take a less active role as a player character. The biggest trouble that I've had is keeping up with five threads that move too much or don't move at all.
Coan wrote:I wonder if Cole is still around.
Yes, Cole is still around albeit a lot less frequently than in the past.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

I'm still around... my thread sorta petered out through neglect (and moving), but I'm still very much here.
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Grug the Caliban
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Grug the Caliban »

Cole Deschain wrote:I'm still around... my thread sorta petered out through neglect (and moving), but I'm still very much here.
yeah, it kind of just stopped, didn't it....
My homocidal rampage:
Weapon of Choice: A muppet
Your Favorite Target: Necrophiliacs
Your Kill Count: 110,049,246
Your Battle Cry: "Yo mama!"
Years You Spend in Jail: 19
How Much Money In Damages You Cause: $172,171,797,403,556
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Ok for now let us assume that I am the GM.

Jason I would need a character from you if you wished to play and do Grug and Cole wish to play?

With the number of players it seems I shall have two groups. Though I think any more will be too much of a strain. In a few days I shall be closing submissions for players so to switch to developing and reading up on the character plots. As I said the sooner the rp can restart the better.

Cole/Grug. I didn't follow the other stories (I prefer to be very non-OOC driven and at the time I was only a player). Would it be possible to give a quick run down on what happened in your group's adventures?