A halfling sits down (OOC5)

The Halfling campaign
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

And a question for our puppet master, err... DM :) : Whisper and I are wondering what will happen to our mini-group... Will we join others, or will we continue where we left off?
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I agree with Wiccy. I think we have many things to do. Despite the RP we should do, about Simone, Artemis, etc, maybe we should return to Ivana and talk to her. Then, Kimuriel wants to find out what has happened with his father and with his dragon statuette.
Oh yes, our group has many things to do! :wink:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Yes, but the dark powers may have different plans. :roll:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

There is a current pause in Church while I wait for Jason to reply to a message I have sent him and several questions.

Please be patient. If he has not gotten back to me in a few more days we will continue as is.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

No worries Coan, I was thinking there was a reason for the pause ;)

Just as wel for the pauise really, I have been all over the place emotionally this past week (alot of bad things going on) and roleplaying would be very difficult when I am like that.
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Coan wrote:There is a current pause in Church while I wait for Jason to reply to a message I have sent him and several questions.
Sorry about the delay, Coan. I've been having some serious health issues the past few weeks, and my time has been divided between work and personal medical exams. I'll provide you with a detailed reponse either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Same with the rest of the groups and threads. I'll be providing a definitive answer on these adventures later this week, although it might not be the best of reponses.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

To JavierAre you all right old man? :) I'm sure you will be fine.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Jason, make sure you are 100% mate, nothing is more important than your own health :)
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Best wishes Jason. Turn back in 100%, we will wait, your health is much more important.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Emm, It has been a long time. How is everyone doing?
Does anyone know how Javier is?
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Well I am fine but I haven't heard anything from Jason. But if Halfling is cancelled I wonder what shall happen? Will someone raise it from the ashes?
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Jason's been a bit quiet of late across the boards. We are also evaluating all the proposals for the LCotN, so some of us are a bit busy in other areas to that respect.
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

alhoon wrote:Does anyone know how Javier is?
No worries, my friends. I am alive if not completely well. Nothing too vital to report. The basic equation of the past couple months of my life can be summarized as such:

Too much work = High Stress + Lack of Sleep = Brain & Stomach Complications = Jason doesn't feel so good... :x

I've seen a couple physicians and everything checks out (i.e., no heart complications or anything else of a serious nature). The only downside is that I still am working myself to death and finding my free time dwindling to microscopic proportions.
Coan wrote:But if Halfling is cancelled I wonder what shall happen? Will someone raise it from the ashes?
I have given it a lot of thought, and it has not been an easy process to decide what needs to be done. We've had this series going for a few years, and I am loath to let it go. However, my time (as stated above) is becoming far too limited to be able to keep this running like I should. Therefore, my final decision has come down to one of two things:

1) The "Halfling Walks" torch gets passed to a new person
2) The campaign finishes burning out and everyone moves on

I am still willing to help out and try to keep things rolling a bit, but my responsibilities on these boards are becoming too great for such a small amount of time. However, if nobody else wants the task, then I feel that it is better to let this series end in peace. Heck, it has lasted two and a half years longer than I would have ever expected.

Anyways, please feel free to cast your votes and opinions on this thread. I certainly want to make sure that everyone around has a chance to say something before we make a final decision.

Jason
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I see a few options concerning myself and halfling:

1) We let it rest in peace.
2) I could take over (the Church group seemed to have fun) however such a large group would require deputies and such. This task would however cause me to let the Paridon game go on hiatus.
3) I could start a Masque of the Red Death Campaign. Something I have been building myself to do for a while. This would be open to anyone and everyone who can be trusted to obey the rules.
4) I transfer some people who want to, over to the Paridon game.

The main reason I submit myself as a possible DM is that I have had some experience at play by post DMing (Paridon has gone on over a year and Church has continued for quite some time as well). I have also been a long term rper on the Ravenloft boards for over 2 years.

I can only support one game though now I am working full time.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I prefer the HWS continues. Why shouldn't it anyway? It will be the third change, not the first. . .
Crackhedmo => Cole&Javier => javier => ?
Why not this "?" to be Coan?

Coan is the first of the "new generation" DMs.
My DMGuild work!