Glamis Castle

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

On GE, it would be a lot harder to put Macbeth back into action... Maybe he is resurrected as a ghost by some hobby mystics and start to resurrect his army as well...

Then, the PCs manage to destroy his army, but there he is still, threatening from the walls of Glamis Castle, boasting that no man born of a living mother could kill him...
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Been absent from the thread a bit...

But anyway, my idea was that on GE, Glamis would work something like the Winchester House does in the rules... kind of a ghost magnet/trap. With ethereal resonance out the wazoo. After all, Glamis does have somewhere around a dozen ghosts.

And don't forget their nice lovely ghost caliban. You know, the one bricked up in the wall. Of course, NOW I have a few hags that are the source of the caliban...

Just thought of something pretty nasty. Maybe the no man born of a ortal mother thing refers to the Glamis Horror and its hag-ridden origins... ohh ahh. :twisted:
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Le Noir Faineant

:shock: So you would do Glamis Castle without Macbeth?
- No offense, but then you could use any other castle instead... However, the plot sounds promissing. *thinks* The caliban could have become angry about the burgoise visitors of the Castle and have started to hunt them down at night. The PCs are just guests in a nearby hotel and start to wonder why all the people disappear...

:soth:
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

At first? Quite honestly, I had forgotten about the whole Macbeth angle. I was initially only remembering the 'gajillion ghosts' thing. Of course, now that I remember (thanks to this thread) I have some nice new angles to throw onto the ghosts. So I now think something REALLY spiffy could be made out of using both plots...

I think I'll use a bit of free reign and be liberal with changing the ghosts a bit. Something REALLY interesting could be done, were the origins of certain ones changed a bit.

I'm seeing Macbeth and the deformed ghost in the wall as dual-Darklords, much like Adam and Dr. Mordenheim.
Le Noir Faineant

[quote="Orang Santu"]
I think I'll use a bit of free reign and be liberal with changing the ghosts a bit. Something REALLY interesting could be done, were the origins of certain ones changed a bit.

I'm seeing Macbeth and the deformed ghost in the wall as dual-Darklords, much like Adam and Dr. Mordenheim.[/quote

How exactly do you want to let this happen? *More details, please* :wink:

Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

As the deformed ghost in the wall (DGIW ;)) is a caliban, he was technically "born of no mortal mother" since he was created by the magic of the long-dead hags. I kinda figure Macbeth's ghost is trapped in the castle, pursued for eternity by the DGIW, the one who'll kill him.

Nothing like being trapped in a building with your own future murderer forever.
Le Noir Faineant

Not bad, not bad... That's a real campaign option... Where do we get maps from the Castle, so we can start to detail this idea...?

Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Glamis is in Ravenloft, sorta, I found out yesterday.

We have Forlorn, the Highland Scottish domain. And the predominant ethnic group is the Forfarians - in fact, the domain was known as Forfar in the past.

I learned yesterday that Forfar is also the village nearest Glamis Castle.

:)
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Still, its all a kind of a cop-out - since no one can make it to the Castle what with the goblyns and no one actually lives in Forlorn.

I liked that caliban idea. Perhaps the Macbeth ghost possesses the owner of the castle and calls in the PCs to hunt down and destroy the caliban - thus preserving his unlife for all time. However, once dead, th ghost of the caliban now has the power to slay Macbeth. In the end, the ghost's own meddling brings to completion the prophesy of his own doom.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Le Noir Faineant

Mmh... Got to get the Forlorn Box soon... But better Gaz I first...