Holy Water Injection?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

Magical silver syringes? Could certainly work, although you'd have to be careful not to snap the needle whenever you used it. Perhaps they could be enchanted like ammo - 50 for the price of one.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

They probably could be enchanted in batches, as they are very small ;)
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Magical syringes shouldn't snap! After all the PHB states that only a magical weapon with higher enchantment bonus can break another magical weapon!

Perhaps a creature with 15/magic damage reduction should be resilient enough for a needle to be able to break (as if striking the needle on a +2magical armor), or perhaps the cutting point (since the needle is needle-thin :) ) would be 10/magic.
Of course +2 needles would need a 20/magic damage reduction . . .

Since Ravenloft is a low-magic setting, +2 needles shouldn't be the topic of a discussion in a Ravenloft board.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

In my opinion, magical syringes should not be a topic of discussion in Ravenloft, period.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

Well, unless they're cursed syringes with long histories of death and pain, and powers that might seem great at first, but are ultimately outweighed by the horrid suffering they bring on all they touch, leaving any who use them empty shells of men, with no will of their own and driven to feed the needle's neverending bloodthirst...or maybe that's just me.
I think we're property...
That once upon a time, this earth was No-man's Land...but that now it's owned by Something:
That Something (now) owns this earth -- all others warned off. -Charles Fort
Sir T
Paladin
Paladin

Post by Sir T »

Well.. The only ay that it woul dcause real damage would be if the bing had a bloodflow, ie that the heart was beating and there was fluid traveling around the body. Otherwise the water would simply remain more or less in the area that the injection happened.

(and if you think this discussion is bad, I once saw a heated discussion on wheather Superman would suffer from Dysantry or constipation if he sat on a toilet make of kryptonite. Compared with that, this is a model of angst and real world seriousness. :))
Vae Victus!
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Syringes...anyone see Dark City recently? That could bring a few suitable ideas.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Sir T wrote:(and if you think this discussion is bad, I once saw a heated discussion on wheather Superman would suffer from Dysantry or constipation if he sat on a toilet make of kryptonite. Compared with that, this is a model of angst and real world seriousness. :))
Radioactive piles, duh.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Reginald de Curry wrote:Syringes...anyone see Dark City recently? That could bring a few suitable ideas.
I couldn't agree more with that :twisted:
Swallow your soul!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

And now the big question...

What if you ram said syringe Pulp Fiction style into a vampire'd heart?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

By combinging staking with holy water, I'd say instant destruction is a visble consequence.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:By combinging staking with holy water, I'd say instant destruction is a visble consequence.
Thank you, Mr Buffy.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I would also make such an instance more dangerous to the needle. Such as, if the attack failed, there would be a chance of the needle being destroyed or damage, as the rib cage can be difficult to get through without precision aim. Not to mention a chance to spot to corrent point to stab. You can't just draw a mark on them and ask them to keep still while you inject holy water straight into their heart.
Swallow your soul!
Drusilla
FoS Dread Receptionist
FoS Dread Receptionist

Post by Drusilla »

All this talk of syringes makes me dance wit hjoy, oh the suffering on those who have acid injected into their eyes. Sweet, sweet music in my soulless heart.

I do not care much for this vampire destroying though. Be careful children or you might not wake up one morning. Or at least wake up... changed...

We'll see who likes holy water in the heart when I sire you and make you all my slaves. Then I shall laugh and dance on your ashes. Sweet little puppies will gnaw your bones and suck out the marrow. The gardeners shall make you into fertaliser. Oh the joy I will be in when my rose garden takes bloom knowing how hard you had all worked in making it grow.

Now, naughty children, no dollies for any of you this year, I am keeping them all for myself.
My mummy used to sing me to sleep at night. 'Run and catch....the lamb-is-caught in the blackberry-patch...' She had the sweetest voice.... What will your mummy sing when they find your body?"
Carcer
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Carcer »

The one thing we all seem to forget is that holy water in vial can be used as a projectile. I don't know about you, but if it came down to going toe to toe with an enemy that's stronger, faster, and more agile than me or throwing something at them and running like the clappers, I'd always choose the latter.