Anybody here play anything besides AD&D/d20?

Discussing all roleplaying games
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I've played a variety of different games. However the latest would be Alternity: Star Drive, which I should be starting with some friends in the next few weeks.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Frukathka
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Frukathka »

I love running my Alternity Sliders/Tangents game. Aside from that I enjoy playing Rifts and other Palladium games (TMNT), Ars Magica (3rd Edition), Cthulhu, Red Dwarf and GURPS. I have not yet made the jump to GURPS 4.0, maybe eventually I will. I love how well the material is presented in GURPS, that I use most of those sourcebooks for several D20 Modern/Future games.
"I am Frukathka, emissary of the Rakastan pantheon and defender of the Rakastan people and felines everywhere."
Charlatan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charlatan »

I've only ever played AD&D 2nd and D&D d20, but have also collected: Robotech (Palladuim)
Marvel Superheroes (FEAT and SAGA versions)
Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, El-Hazard, Dual, Trigun, Hellsing and Slayers (all BESM Tri-Stat)
Teenagers From Outer Space, BubbleGum Crisis and Champions New Millenuim (Fuzion)
GURPS (Basic, Supers, and Egypt books)

I also collect Heroclix.
"One thing about livin' in Santa Carla I never could stomach... all the damn vampires."
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I forgot that I also played the Japanese (not BESM) Tenchi Muyo and El-Hazard rpg's for a little while. Also, I have the fan produces Biohazard (Resident Evil) rpg laying about somewhere, never played it though, IMO it was very poor.
Swallow your soul!
Kelliack
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Kelliack »

Some of the games mentioned really take me back.

I've played:
TMNT, and Transdimentional TMNT,
Robotech,
Battletech,
Battlelords of the Twenty-third Century
Conan the RPG,
Indianna Jones The RPG (1983) (if you remember this one),
Champions,
Cyberpunk,
Shadowrun, DnD (of course),
Call of Cthuthlu,
Aftermath,
Paranoia,
Gamma World (lots of fun with this),
Vampire, Vampire: Dark Ages,
Ninjas and Superspys,
James Bond RPG (Lots of fun here too)
Top Secret.

Board Games (The most popular ones): Talisman,
Conquest of the Empire
Axis and Allies,
Broadsides,
Shogun,
Wabbit Wampage,
Illuminatii,
Fury of Dracula,
Nuclear War,
Car Wars,
Down with the King,
Great Kahn Game.
Last edited by Kelliack on Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HIEL YOG-SOTHOTH!
Desertrising
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Desertrising »

Just felt I would add to this list seeings how i have played a whole lot of games in my time

Rifts
Robotech
Pladaium fantasy
Gurps
Traveler
twilight 2000
james bond
Indiana Jones
buck rogers(yuk!)
Star Frontier
Top Secret
Star Trek
Star Wars (d6)
TMNT
Ninja's and Superspies
Shadowrun
Battletech
Alternity
Hackmaster
Munchkin
Vampire
Vampire Darkages
Wraith (all time fave)
Mage
Werewolf
Changling (yuk!)
Fading Suns(another all time fave)
Torg
Riddle of Steel
Witchcraft

I am sure if I spent enough time I could come up with more but there you go....
Vote Cthulhu! At least then we know we are going to get screwed.
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Anybody here play anything besides AD&D/d20?

Post by Steve Miller »

Brandi wrote:Anyone?
I've run a D6 Star Wars game more or less uninterrupted since 1995. (There's only one player left from the original group, but the campaign continues!)

I've played many, many RPGs over the years (prime among them being Star Frontiers, Top Secret S/I, and Cyberpunk 2020), but right now, it's d20 and D6
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

I've played some WoD stuff--just Mage and Hunter. I've also played Shadowrun and Earthdawn, but the campaigns were godawful and I'd like to try again in a good campaign. For d20 systems that aren't D&D, I've played Star Wars and Cthulhu. Playing Cthulhu is refreshing. As a Ravenloft DM, it's nice to be the one who's driven insane instead of the one doing the driving for once. :wink:
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Re: Anybody here play anything besides AD&D/d20?

Post by Scipio »

Steve Miller wrote:
Brandi wrote:Anyone?
I've run a D6 Star Wars game more or less uninterrupted since 1995. (There's only one player left from the original group, but the campaign continues!)

I've played many, many RPGs over the years (prime among them being Star Frontiers, Top Secret S/I, and Cyberpunk 2020), but right now, it's d20 and D6
Alright!!! I looooove the D6 Star Wars (to me d20 seemed too much like DnD in space.) Other than that I play the Buffy RPG, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Shadowrun, and Robotech.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I have played several other games in the past, including several Palladium system (don't care for Rifts all that much though). I ran a fairly long-running investigative Nightbane, and I ran a semi-horrific Heroes Unlimited game about several refugee mutants who just happened to keep on being wrapped up into all sorts of not-nice events. My players called it the "X-Men Files" game.

My real love is GURPS Goblins (the thing I really like about GURPS other than IOU). We've only played it 3 or 4 times, but it gave me some of the best and most humorous moments in all the time I've gamed. Basically it takes place in 1830s Georgian London with goblins instead of humans. Goblins are maladapted, selfish little creatures whose shape and psyche are shaped solely by the mistreatments they went through as children. Hmm. might make good for a variant Masque of the Red Death game...
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

GURPS Goblins looks like a fun one, but I suspect it might be an even harder sell among the local gamers than Bunnies and Burrows.
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Call of Cthulhu and occasionally Shadowrun. I recently picked up Mage: the Ascension and Nephilim.

Wiccy: Someone made a Godzilla RPG? Cool. ;)
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I played Hero Quest (yeah!), Midgard and Middle Earth until I stumbled over D&D... May try C&C when it's out...
Tommy Brownell
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Tommy Brownell »

I have played a ton of games, but Ravenloft and the Angel RPG are the big ones recently. I'm seriously considering a full-scale conversion of Ravenloft to the Unisystem when I have Dungeons & Zombies in my hands.

Ravenloft, Angel and Deadlands (Classic) are the ones most likely to get the most play around me right now, though I wouldn't rule out Marvel Saga.
Lord_Kjeran
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lord_Kjeran »

Chello!

I currently play and run Hackmaster....I prefer GURPS and CoC/Elric! for usual play.

I've never done a RL con, but I've thought about it.

The games I own and have run in the past are numerous...just ask my wife! ;)

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

"It was an age of dark beliefs and of practises that were no less dark; and witchcraft and sorcery were rampant throughout the land, among all classes."
Clark Ashton Smith, "The Necromantic Tale"