I did a thing! Consider donating!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I did a thing! Consider donating!

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

Hello all!

I wrote my own table top RPG. No, it's not a horror game, but there may be one of those coming.

I wrote up a table top RPG whose rules fit on three pages. It's called, aptly...3PAGE RPG! It's already %200 funded, but with a little nudge, we can make it to %300 funded. Please help me do this!

Because it did make it to %200 funding, I am going to be writing a much longer campaign book to go with this system. That campaign book will be in another, different Kickstarter. And in that book, there will be definitely tips and tricks you can take and use in your horror campaign, whatever that may be.

However, please consider helping me push this initial stab at the industry by putting it over the top to 300 percent!

The idea behind this game is a perpetual problem I have run into over and over....

Plenty of my gamer friends can read game rules, understand a system, and play role-playing games like D&D. But there were others, even long-time gamers, who perpetually had troubles with the rules. These folks were always asking, “What die I do a roll again?” “How does this rule work?”

I had run into this trouble recently with a great group of friends that included some real veterans of the hobby. I said to myself, “This is dumb.” There’s no reason that a game that we’re all enjoying should be difficult for some to pick up.

So...I made a game system that fit onto three pages. We've been playing that game for well over a year now. That's how I know it works.

Let's do this thing!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: I did a thing! Consider donating!

Post by alhoon »

Honestly Rucht, I will be open and without fear of shaming:
A small, well written RPG is useful for me because I can drop it on ChatGPT 4 and have it act as the Story teller. The more concise the rules the better. Thus, I pledged
So, may I suggest that you actually change the 300% stretch goal to account for prompts we could use with ChatGPT 4 to have solo games?

Question: the 3$ pledge that gives me the basics... would it be enough to run a game?
Aside of my personal preferences a simple system that can be learned in 10 minutes is very good for introducing people to RPGs.

And since I have a friend (we used to play together) that has a daughter that is 7-8 years old, what ages do you think this material is for? Would my friend be able to play with his daughter in 2 years or something?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Intriguing idea. Contributed!
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Happy to donate, Rucht! And good to see you back here as well.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Congrats on a successful funding, Rucht!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!