Quoth the Raven X Project Guide

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
ScS of the Fraternity

Quoth the Raven X Project Guide

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Hi Everyone,

Well, we've finally hit the big one oh. It was a very close race, but the theme for Quoth the Raven Issue 10 will be evil humans.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Raven knows...

This thread is to help coordinate articles and generate some of ideas for articles for the tenth issue. There's no end to the vile things that humans can do. Just a few of the possible topics are criminals, the accursed, and the criminally insane.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Poop, I really was hoping for Boogeymen.

Oh well, roll with the punches. I've been debating doing a d20 version/update of the Power Check rules. That fits nicely into the theme. I'm sure I'll think of something else as well.

(note on DPC rules: I really do think should have been updated to a d20 roll with mods. It is kinda obvious in play to use them now, when else do you roll % die?)
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hmm maybe I will have the time to complete and submit my article on the enigmatic and majestic governors of Hazlan known only as 'The Zephyr'.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I think I'll go with a powerful wizard that because he has access to magic, he believes he can do whatever he likes and whatever he wishes without regard to anyone.
He has a group of dominated lackeys and a tower hidden in the wilds of Tepest (RMR 5). He abducts goblins and warp their bodies and mind with magic and do many other nasty things.
He rationalizes his crimes and doesn't understand he is evil. After all, he gives everyone what he deserves. Goblins are evil so he can do whatever he wants with them. Bandits are evil, common people are weak and inferior and should show respect etc.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I have a band of cut throats U have been playing about wit hfor a whiule, lots of ideas, nothing final, just my usual thing really. So I'll ave to see what I can secide on for the gits ;)
Swallow your soul!
Shadowking
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mine

Post by Shadowking »

I'll submit a psychotic NPC who kidnaps women and makes dolls out of them...

I'll also submit an update of the Nightlord PrC from Champions of Darkness and a Blackguard core class.
"To bring down the monster you have to become a monster"
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

I've been thinking about doing an article for QtR for a while, and since I've got an upcoming Ravenloft game in the offing, my creative juices are flowing. I'm going to try and do a bit on serial killers for the mag, as well as polishing off an adventure I wrote a while back about political games. Maybe I'll actually make a deadline this time around...

Jeremy Puckett
(Hida Jiremi)
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
Shadowking
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My final article list

Post by Shadowking »

I'll do three articles for Quoth the Raven 10- the revised Nightlord prestige class, the Dollmaker and the Weeping Rose Actor Society.
The last two articles will carry the "Mature" tag, as they deal with quite the sensitive topics. The Society in particular is especially despicable and just VILE, you'll love to hate them...

The Blackguard is part of a netbook I'm currently writing, which will be out in a few months...
ScS of the Fraternity

Just how mature is mature? All of the above sound quite intriguing, but there remains certain things that we will not publish.
Evil Reigns!!!!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I'll also create a sorcerer that likes snakes. Most his spells have to do with snakes, he transforms willing evil humans to snakemen etc. I'll create his lair, so that he can be used for a dungeon crawl. It is not gothic, it is fantasy horror. Especially if it is used with players that are afraid of snakes.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Just how mature is mature? All of the above sound quite intriguing, but there remains certain things that we will not publish.
Are you still upset about the article about "Night of the Living Bread?" How many times do I have to say "I'm sorry," before you let the wereyeast matter stay dead?
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
MadStepDad
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MadStepDad »

Are drugs considered too mature? Cuz we need an article about Ravenloft-specific inebriants. Of course I volunteer myself.
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4mBjj_yt4&feature=youtu.be

Conjunction
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/19/grand-conjunction

"BCCW" by MSD
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/33/broken-city-championship-wrestling-madstepdad
Shadowking
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Another idea...

Post by Shadowking »

We also need an article containing the stats on real-world drugs.
ScS of the Fraternity

Gemathustra wrote:Are you still upset about the article about "Night of the Living Bread?" How many times do I have to say "I'm sorry," before you let the wereyeast matter stay dead?
Sorry, but you know more than anyone that nothing can stop the wereyeast from rising, even from the dead.

As for drugs that should be just fine.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

I am working on another adventure (a mad doctor), which submitted a incomplete draft so far. I am almost done good copy of the whole adventure just waiting to hear from the fraternity, hope they realize that my orginal draft was just haphazardly paste together from its orginal Chatgame-version just to show concept. I been working slowly down it to revise it.
I am happy with the quoth the Raven 9 PDF does my last adventure better justice and does not look horrible as version i pulled from text version (improper word Version, perhaps). I hope to have more word from the editors this time around.
Last edited by Daisu on Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.