Incredibly obscure lore found on Forgotten Realms wiki

Discussing all things Ravenloft
paireon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Incredibly obscure lore found on Forgotten Realms wiki

Post by paireon »

So while doing a wiki crawl on the Forgotten Realms wiki I've managed to find some incredibly obscure Faerun-tied Ravenloft lore, which AFAIK isn't on Mistipedia:

First, the Domains of Diomeria and Kirlanova, featured in the RPGA Living City adventure "The Dogs of War" from 1995(!); only info besides being mentioned as locations in the adventure are on the wiki's Domains of Dread page, and it's not much to go on:
"- Diomeria, the small domain of Lothar Fairchild."
"- Kirlanova, the domain of Rengard Boltsmann. It was made up of the city of Ravens Bluff and surrounding parts of the Vast."
There's also a small bit in the Darklords section about Kirlanova's Darklord (under History): "Rengard Boltsmann, a Harper that got infected with a strain of lycanthropy from Ravenloft."
I'd love to know if there's more info on these Domains and their Darklords or if the scenario is available anywhere.

Second, an NPC named Allisa of the Mists, a paladin who's a "mistrider"/"mistwalker", with the ability to pass through any mist seemingly without hindrance, including Ravenloft's; this was even confirmed in a Twitter convo by Ed Greenwood. You may remember her as the character on the cover of the Forgotten Realms Adventures hardback from back in the day.

Here are some relevant links:

Domains:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki ... _Locations
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dogs_of_War

Allisa:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Allisa
http://web.archive.org/web/202203071621 ... 1241585664
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Incredibly obscure lore found on Forgotten Realms wiki

Post by tomokaicho »

Good find. I've long been keen to get a hold of the RPGA material before it disappears forever.
Pizza
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Pizza »

Not sure if it would be considered “canon” or is even relevant as it was a Forgotten Realms item, but back in the day there was a series of Forgotten Realms novels called “The Cities”, and there was a novel titled “City of Ravens” about Raven’s Bluff that was part of it. Like I said other than maybe some fluff for the city it might not be relevant as the city was still in the Realms then.
brothersale
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brothersale »

Ok, so i have been able to get further information on these two domains, as they are a cluster domain (also called Diomeria) with Diomeria being the original domain and is a sea based island with the two domains being spilt from each other by a river. a map is indicated as being part of the adventure but alas my copy does not have it, but based on the description i would put Diomeia to the south and Kirlanova to the north, thus allowing for the already existing fire river that Ravens Bluff sits at the mouth of to be the border river mentioned in the decription.

Diomeia is a rustic domain probably around the same culture level as Barrovia given that the population are serfs of their lord Lothar Fairchild. the population are described as split into three group, the loners who avoid society meeking out a meager life in the woodlands and wilderness. the farmers who live in small groups of about 30-40 and finally the townsfolk who live in the three towns of the domain. Werewolves are prevailent in the domain under the leadership of Ivan Parnovitch.

Lothar is described as a vain man arrogant man who through his vile manners he became a darklord and was cursed with an afliction that made him ugly, which he blames on his domain's superstions that he previously scofted at. No powers and stats are given to him as he is not in the adventure.

The second domain, Kirlanova, is a copy of Raven's Bluff and its surrounding lands. ruins and single houses dot the east of the domain but only two citys exist in the domain, Ravens Bluff being one, and other is unnameded but i suspect the other is likely a copy of Calaunt rather than a copy of Tantras due to the distance and not being mentioned.

Its lord Rengard Boltsmann is the focus of the adventure and is an infected werewolf (possibly even a mountain Loup-garou depending on the party level) with a split personality and the werewolf side being the true darklord. The adventure follows an attempt to cure him via the elimination of his curses bloodline (the aforementioned Ivan) so his abilities are listed and his werewolf personality of a stalker and destroyer of individual targets is detailed in the adventure.
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
paireon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by paireon »

Nice! That's a good start already. Thanks people!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

nice find! Someone get that info into Mistipedia, stat! :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."