Archibald Everlast's opinion on the Darklords

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Archibald Everlast's opinion on the Darklords

Post by Mistmaster »

Stealing the idea from Strahdsbuddy, this is the opinion the strongest force of good of the Mistworld has on various big players.

Adam: A poor guideless child abandoned and rejected by a deplorable father. Let's try to guide him properly
Alain Monette :A ragefull captain who paid the price of his own rage a lot. He need someone to talk, someone he won't be able to kill.
Alfred Timothy:Another abused son, who found in a cruel master the father he looked for. He needs to learn to accept himself and his own weakness.
Ankhtepot: Age equals experience but not always wisdom. Ankhtepot has still many things to learn.
Anton Misroi: Ignorance with rank breeds cruelty and exploitation, cruelty with power bred Anton Misroi.
Arijani: If you are told from birth you are a god it is unsurprising if you believe it.
Azalin: Pride is the ignorance of wisdom. And under this aspect Azalin is deeply ignorant.
Bluebeard: If you ignore the true meaning of love all you understand is possess.
Camille Dilisnya: She learned the wrong lessons from life, luckily she failed to pass it over her daughter.
Daclaud Heinfroth:If you research knowledge of the mind but you loose your soul in the process you will end being more ignorant then then when you begun.
Diamabel: Faith is a good thing, it gives you strenght and help you throught the struggles of life. But fanatism is wrong.
Dominic d'Honaire: A misguided boy who grew up as a man who does not know the difference beetwen leadership and control.
Draga Salt-Biter: when a victim of violence is not taught forgivness and compassion, they grew up violent and ebbittered.
Easan the Mad: There are people for which mad means they are not able to distinguish good and evil; for other being mad means only that they won't have remorse when the choose evill. Being mad thus become a confortable excuse to be not responsable of your actions. A form of ignorance of the truth, really dangerous.
Ebonbane: Usually demons had no much of a choise to begin with but the one they call Ebonbane was a human wizard in the past and so, he choose the path which lead to his status because he did not understand many things, and he still does not.
Elena Faith-Hold: I deplore the fact she is used by two powefull spirits as a vessel, and I hope she can be taught to choose the right path.
Frantisek Markov: Tragedy can be a powerful excuse to not accepy responsability, but true power, my boy, consist not in transforming animals in humanoids, but in learning to be human.
Gabrielle Aderre: All she wish is to be loved, but she confuses love and obsession, and so she end mistreating her own children.
Gregor Zolnik: To be an hero you must learn that is not important how much people admires you, but to be ready to sacrifece your life for them.
Gundar: Raised in violence he keeps repeating a circle of blood and sorrow. Sad.
Haki Shinpi:For a person who deemed himself so cunning, Haki Shimpi was really shortsighted in life. To raise your children in costant competition and desire to outdo each other, starve them of affection to make them "strong", berate them costantly for their weakness, it is the recipe for a disaster.
Harkon Lukas: He once was someone, a father, an husband, a leader, an advisor. But he wished for more. He did not understand he had everything important, and so he lost it, and now, he strive for the wrong thing. Such a waste of talent.
Hazlik: And here I must cry, for the potential lost in an abyss of emotional ignorance. When you are convinced that love is a weakness, when the opposite is true you have completely missed the point.
Hive Queen: Cruel mothers often raise cruel daughters. Add in jealousy and envy, and things can degenerate quickly. The curse on her form is easily breakable, the curse on her soul, depends entirely on her will.
Illithid God-Brain: To give Illithids a way to live not based on destruction of other lives is one of the achievement I most cherish in my long life. I would never had thought that a human could be so fool to end himself transformed in what he despised the most.
Inza Kulkevich:A child in need of guidance. No matter what other may think, there is not such thing as a bad seed.
Ivan Dilisnya: Obsession, egocentrism and an istrionic talent for killing. A very dangerous mix, expecially if you add in emotive immaturity.
Jack Karn: Many point Jack to me to show that no amount of kindness can save a damned soul. I know his story better and know that things are more complex.
Jacqueline Renier: A sorrowful story of inherited abuse, and of children ending in their father's shoes no matter how hard they try to avoid it. Yearning for freedom and chaining yourself even more. Really sad.
King Crocodile:He did not wish for becoming the King of Crocodiles and Emperor of Beasts, he had too. Now he hungers for more and he does not know how end it.
Ladislav Mircea: Some curse is a blessing in disguise.
Lady of Ravens: She has yet to understand that she forgot much more then her name. Maybe I can be of help.
Laveeda Mindefisk:Grew more bitter after Grimhilde betrayal, but maybe she can return what she was.
Leticia Mindefisk: Same as her sisters.
Loht: Despicable and blinded by pride, older then many nations, and still, an ignorant child at the heart.
Lord Soth: My prove that I am right. He changed for the better.
Lorinda Mindefisk: The same as her sisters.
Louise Renier: Sad that jealosly can turn sister afainst sister. Maybe she can listen to the right words thought.
Maeve:My lady often surprise me, and, at my age, it is a gift.
Malken: A jealous brother took over his own brother life only to be forced to live it. A pity and a waste. But maybe with the right advice something can still be done.
Malocchio Aderre: An innocent child in spite of the circumstances of his birth, as long his grandmother can stir him in the right directions. I think I can help too.
Meredoth: Another waste of talent. And I do not condemn his necromancy, of course but the way he uses it. Our conversations have not bore fruit yet, but I can wait.
Morgoroth: The boy some time worries me. He is a faithfull servant of his queen, but sometime he see the forrest and forgot the trees.
Nathan Timothy: All parents soon or later clash with their children, it is a part of growing up. Sometime thought one fails to learn the most important lesson, that family is important not for what it gives you but for what it means for you. Nathan Timothy is one such case.
Othmarr Bolshnik: The ruler of a land where state religion is tyranny, do not be surprised to find out he is as ignorant and ill guided as they get.
Pieter van Riese: When your personal ambition blind you to your limits, you will always be lost.
Sodo: Changing shapes is easy, changing hearts, less so.
Stezan d'Polarno: Once he was an hero, but fear of death turned him to a soulless tyrant. A self-imposed curse which can be broken, but will he ever be willing?
Strahd von Zarovich:Two times he was near redemption. Once he was stopped by a demon from his past, another by the poor timed interference of another ignorant soul. Third time the charm?
Tiyet: Vanity and ambition are a poor combination expecially of you willingly ignores warning and good advises.
Torrence Bleysmith: The list of what he doesn't know is long: forgiveness, loyalty, humour.
Tristen apBlanc: If you do not accept the consequevnces of your actions you are stuck in the past forever.
Tristessa: Her child is alive. But the curse the Vistani put on her won't allow her to find her as long she foes not makes amend. Can the tepestani duchess of Keening learn from her mistakes? I so hope.
Tsien Chiang: Another victim of a poor upbringing who passed on a venomous fruit.
Victor Mordenheim: My boy I'm disappointed, how many time I repeated it to you, to really create life you must have the love of a father fot your creature, not the contempt of a master for a poject which does not satisfy you.
Vlad Drakov:Ignorance of your own weaknesses is the most dangerous of all.
Wilfred Godefroy:Godefroy's tempers is a long family curse, but it can be overcome if one is willing to do it. Wilfred was never willing. And he still suffers and begets suffering from it.
Yuri Kharkov: Prejudiced and narcisstic he payed for his foolishness in an harsh way. And he still stubbornly refuses good advices about it.

Feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Mistmaster on Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Archibald Everlast's opinion on the Darklords

Post by alhoon »

Lord Soth changed for the better?!?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Mildly perhaps. He didn't attack Denissa a second time.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

A good list. Probably a better approach than mine, I always get blinded by scope 🤣. Archibald is such an optimist!
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

alhoon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:25 pm Lord Soth changed for the better?!?
In the Mistworld he is currently the Lightlord. So yes, he did.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Aside from some insights on several of the darklord's origin stories, Everlast's opinions on the darklords all seem more or less the same: a sense of detached pity, but he also displays some hopefulness at their eventual redemption by his "atta-boy" encouragement to adventurers to lead the darklords to the right path. Also, Everlast seems to use the darklords as morality tales for various general altruisms. I get more of a feeling of Everlast's general character as the big takeaway from this.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

The Lesser Evil wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:10 pm Aside from some insights on several of the darklord's origin stories, Everlast's opinions on the darklords all seem more or less the same: a sense of detached pity, but he also displays some hopefulness at their eventual redemption by his "atta-boy" encouragement to adventurers to lead the darklords to the right path. Also, Everlast seems to use the darklords as morality tales for various general altruisms. I get more of a feeling of Everlast's general character as the big takeaway from this.
You have it right yes. Everlast see himself as primarily a teacher ( that is also one valid reason he does not simply go and neutralize every Darklord of the Mistworld) and believe his job is not to fight evil himself, but to teach people how do that. He also believes that you can teach people how to be good. Because evil is born from ignorance. Thus he believe that any not foendish force of evil is ultimately reddemable.