The Black Vault Haul

Discussing all things Ravenloft
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Black Vault Haul

Post by IanFordam »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:44 am I like it! I was also thinking of having this come from Pharazia but hadn't come up with a background story or its abilities. I like that the dark destiny is to follow the Lawgiver in the end, also has this flagellant aspect which I like a lot ..G.. R.. E.. A.. T...... J.. O.. B...! ! ! :)
Thank you!
Jeremy16
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jeremy16 »

Hi All,

Just a quick follow-up. I love all the fantastic stuff that has been shared on this thread. Unfortunately, the article I am writing went in another direction. Or, to put it another way, I decided to cut out most of the Black Vault angle and focus on other parts that I felt were more important. My decision has nothing to do with the quality of everyone's work - it's been awesome to see what everyone has come up with! I just couldn't use well over half of the items if I was going to keep the "no weapons" policy in place.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know in case there was someone out there who wanted to pick up the torch and maybe write up a separate article about all these cool magical items with gnarly curses for themselves.

Thanks again to all the authors for your contributions!
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Even without becoming part of an article, this thread was fun to follow and participate in. Thanks for kicking it off!
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Don't worry we can get the "directors cut" version now.
:roll:
:mrgreen:

PS
Yes it was a good initiative and I don't know if it was intended but it came around the time the Golden Vault was published.

Also I owe you some pics, work is hectic and I don't have time to do make them yet. In July everything will cool down a bit (oxymoron) so I 'll start around then.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember that 'Van Richten's Lost Arsenal' article from QtR 2? Cause those were neat.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Jeremy16 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:56 am Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know in case there was someone out there who wanted to pick up the torch and maybe write up a separate article about all these cool magical items with gnarly curses for themselves.
IanFordam wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:52 pm
alhoon wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:10 am
Wolfglide of the Fraternity wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:20 am
Baron Von Stanton wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:53 pm
KingCorn wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:19 am
I have began creating a writeup of this for QtR#31. I will use ideas and text from items written here, change some and leave others as they are. I am planning to have the header as this.

BLACK VAULT'S "DISCARDED" TREASURES
Cursed items from Azalin's private collection
written by Michail Adamis “Mephisto of the FoS”, Initiated by Jeremy16 on the FoS forum and based on text and ideas by Alhoon, Baron Von Stanton, Ian Fordam, Jeremy16, King Corn, Wolfglide of the Fraternity.

Does anyone have a problem with this or maybe wants to have their names written differently or not at all (if you don't like my writeup)?

I can also have it as co-written if you want and have each item's author mentioned in the end of each description.

I will send each of you the final text for the items descriptions when they are done. This will take a while, I just thought of asking you in advance.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:38 am Does anyone have a problem with this or maybe wants to have their names written differently or not at all (if you don't like my writeup)?

I can also have it as co-written if you want and have each item's author mentioned in the end of each description.
I'm all in favor of this, in fact. Please feel free to use and rework my contributions as you see fit. Some suggestions were made in this thread which I feel improved upon my originals, and I have no doubt that you'll come up with further cool stuff.

As for attribution, I'm partial to a per-item mention. However, if the general consensus among my fellow contributors is that the proposed header is sufficient, then I'm fine with that too. You're the one who will be doing the hard part, after all.
Baron Von Stanton
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Von Stanton »

I'm in favor, too!
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

I am in favor as well.
IanFordam wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:05 am As for attribution, I'm partial to a per-item mention. However, if the general consensus among my fellow contributors is that the proposed header is sufficient, then I'm fine with that too. You're the one who will be doing the hard part, after all.
I would probably be inclined toward the per-item attribution as well, though I am also fine with the proposed header, if that is the ultimate decision.
Jeremy16
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jeremy16 »

When I was thinking about writing this out, I was gonna do the per-item attribution. Just my two cents...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fine by me.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!