What I would like for QtR#30

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Pizza
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: What I would like for QtR#30

Post by Pizza »

IanFordam wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:43 pm I just realized what I'd like to see for QtR#30: Short articles and/or articles by new contributors.

I mean, Rock, Mephisto, Mistmaster, and I have demonstrated that we can fill up pages, and I suspect that we'll do so in the forthcoming issue. However, I just want to state my fondness for articles which focus upon a single person or site or creature. Take "Simon LaFleur" from The Book of Sorrows as an example, or "To Granny's House" from QtR#21.

I do enjoy the longer-form articles as well, but I'd hate for anyone to be discouraged from writing up an idea just because it isn't Core-shatteringly grand.
What’s the topic this year?
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Pizza wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:29 pm
IanFordam wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:43 pm I just realized what I'd like to see for QtR#30: Short articles and/or articles by new contributors.

I mean, Rock, Mephisto, Mistmaster, and I have demonstrated that we can fill up pages, and I suspect that we'll do so in the forthcoming issue. However, I just want to state my fondness for articles which focus upon a single person or site or creature. Take "Simon LaFleur" from The Book of Sorrows as an example, or "To Granny's House" from QtR#21.

I do enjoy the longer-form articles as well, but I'd hate for anyone to be discouraged from writing up an idea just because it isn't Core-shatteringly grand.
What’s the topic this year?
The Fraternity hasn't announced a topic yet. They're likely to do so sometime in June, if I recall previous years correctly.
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

How does the community feel about pushing canon a bit in Quoth the Raven? I have a lot of ideas about the original inhabitants of Arak or the Core forming in a way not typically accepted.

I wouldn't want to bore anyone with a lot of personal canon, btu I've taken so much from QtR over the years, i would hope something a little slightly left of center would still be of use. What do you think?
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I don't think anyone is going to mind. Some may choose to not use what you present, or use just part of it or some may love it and use all of it. But I honestly doubt anyone will go here and say "the way you envision the Arak offends me to my core, sir!"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Strahdsbuddy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:45 pm How does the community feel about pushing canon a bit in Quoth the Raven? I have a lot of ideas about the original inhabitants of Arak or the Core forming in a way not typically accepted.

I wouldn't want to bore anyone with a lot of personal canon, btu I've taken so much from QtR over the years, i would hope something a little slightly left of center would still be of use. What do you think?
Go right ahead! I've read through your Core Genesis documents and found your take on how it formed to be really interesting, so seeing more content from you would be a pleasure, Strahdsbuddy! And like alhoon said, I don't think anyone will look at your work and think "wow what absolute garbage, how'd this make the pages of Quoth the Raven?"
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Strahdsbuddy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:45 pm How does the community feel about pushing canon a bit in Quoth the Raven? I have a lot of ideas about the original inhabitants of Arak or the Core forming in a way not typically accepted.

Do it!
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Yes as it being said before go ahead do it!
If someone doesn't like what you write it is OK, its their opinion and how they envision their campaign,but there are sure to be others that will like what you write. As long as what anyone writes is not offensive go ahead and send it. BTW the "Fathers of the Fraternity" are discussing in which direction the Fraternity's "research" should be, so stay tuned.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

The fact that my Mistworld articles are regularly published, and they present lot of divergence with canon, should reassure anyone about it.
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

Thanks for the reassurance!

If I could make one more request, once articles are approved or very soon after the netbook is released, could the Mistipedia be updated with entries from the latest edition? I still feel it is the best way to view data about the setting and sort through all the fantastic information there is about our setting. Of course, who knows what should be in those entries better than the authors?
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

That would be a little more complicated.
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Strahdsbuddy wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:39 am If I could make one more request, once articles are approved or very soon after the netbook is released, could the Mistipedia be updated with entries from the latest edition? I still feel it is the best way to view data about the setting and sort through all the fantastic information there is about our setting. Of course, who knows what should be in those entries better than the authors?
I just added various entries related to one of my three-page articles, which had the side effect of reminding me how much time is required to catalogue properly. As a consequence, the Lady Fordam says I'm not allowed to edit Mistipedia full-time until I retire.
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:52 am Yes as it being said before go ahead do it!
If someone doesn't like what you write it is OK, its their opinion and how they envision their campaign,but there are sure to be others that will like what you write. As long as what anyone writes is not offensive go ahead and send it. BTW the "Fathers of the Fraternity" are discussing in which direction the Fraternity's "research" should be, so stay tuned.
WHAT!? LET’S GOOOOOO!!!!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:52 am BTW the "Fathers of the Fraternity" are discussing in which direction the Fraternity's "research" should be, so stay tuned.
We are :-? by the number 30, examining all its possibilities ... and the task being complex, a confusion spell was cast on us ...

As soon as the fight end, we'll let you know of the results.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Baron Von Stanton
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Von Stanton »

Joël of the FoS wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:34 am
Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:52 am BTW the "Fathers of the Fraternity" are discussing in which direction the Fraternity's "research" should be, so stay tuned.
We are :-? by the number 30, examining all its possibilities ... and the task being complex, a confusion spell was cast on us ...

"Madness"?
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Baron Von Stanton wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:04 pm
Joël of the FoS wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:34 am

"Madness"?
Close but no (it was a suggestion) :?:
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe