Post questions and suggestions here
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Getting Unable to load on Wiki

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Hey guys, remember about a year ago, when I posted this:
viewtopic.php?p=249291#p249291
And said I'd be upgrading the wiki and forum to remain compatible with the hosting service's upgraded PHP version? And then I upgraded the forum and all our favorite skins went away? And then I never got around to upgrading the wiki similarly?

Well, that seems to have been the issue. the hosting service never got back to me, so I went ahead and took a chance and upgraded the mediawiki SW in case that was the issue. Seems like it was. Misitpedia is back. The default skin and probably other skins are a bit, to use a technical term, borked, because they didn't transfer over correctly. I'll patch them up soon when I have time, (he says... watch it take another year to actually happen). Until then, the wiki seems functional, if not as pretty as I'd like. Let me know if there are any functional issues you find. Thanks for your patience (as if you had a choice... ;) )
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Thank you for your time and effort, Gonzoron. They are very much appreciated.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Three cheers for GonzoRon! Hip, hip...
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Editing pages doesn't seem to work, though. ^^;

I get this:
[Y82HKIA-vXwy4BdYP3MTsgABexw] /w/index.php?title=Category:Rock%27s_Timeline&action=submit ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function WikiPage::prepareContentForEdit(), 1 passed in /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/SimpleCaptcha/SimpleCaptcha.php on line 591 and at least 3 expected

Backtrace:

from /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(1994)
#0 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/SimpleCaptcha/SimpleCaptcha.php(591): WikiPage->prepareContentForEdit(WikitextContent)
#1 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/SimpleCaptcha/SimpleCaptcha.php(810): SimpleCaptcha->shouldCheck(WikiCategoryPage, WikitextContent, string, DerivativeContext)
#2 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/SimpleCaptcha/SimpleCaptcha.php(846): SimpleCaptcha->doConfirmEdit(WikiCategoryPage, WikitextContent, string, DerivativeContext, User)
#3 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/includes/ConfirmEditHooks.php(41): SimpleCaptcha->confirmEditMerged(DerivativeContext, WikitextContent, Status, string, User, boolean)
#4 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/HookContainer/HookContainer.php(338): ConfirmEditHooks::confirmEditMerged(DerivativeContext, WikitextContent, Status, string, User, boolean)
#5 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/HookContainer/HookContainer.php(137): MediaWiki\HookContainer\HookContainer->callLegacyHook(string, array, array, array)
#6 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/HookContainer/HookRunner.php(1474): MediaWiki\HookContainer\HookContainer->run(string, array)
#7 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/editpage/Constraint/EditFilterMergedContentHookConstraint.php(106): MediaWiki\HookContainer\HookRunner->onEditFilterMergedContent(DerivativeContext, WikitextContent, Status, string, User, boolean)
#8 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/editpage/Constraint/EditConstraintRunner.php(88): MediaWiki\EditPage\Constraint\EditFilterMergedContentHookConstraint->checkConstraint()
#9 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/EditPage.php(2506): MediaWiki\EditPage\Constraint\EditConstraintRunner->checkConstraints()
#10 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/EditPage.php(1904): EditPage->internalAttemptSave(NULL, boolean, boolean)
#11 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/EditPage.php(721): EditPage->attemptSave(NULL)
#12 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/actions/EditAction.php(73): EditPage->edit()
#13 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/actions/SubmitAction.php(38): EditAction->show()
#14 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(542): SubmitAction->show()
#15 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(322): MediaWiki->performAction(CategoryTreeCategoryPage, Title)
#16 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(904): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#17 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(562): MediaWiki->main()
#18 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/index.php(50): MediaWiki->run()
#19 /home4/fratern3/public_html/w/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#20 {main}
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

It looks patchworked :mrgreen:

Good job Dr. Mordenheim! :Brain:
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rock of the Fraternity wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:58 pm Editing pages doesn't seem to work, though. ^^;
Well, you see, much like in Ravenloft, "alive" isn't an absolute.

:)

Thanks for the report. I think I've fixed it. (Had to run down to the corner morgue for some fresh supplies) Try now.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:06 pm
Rock of the Fraternity wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:58 pm Editing pages doesn't seem to work, though. ^^;
Well, you see, much like in Ravenloft, "alive" isn't an absolute.

:)

Thanks for the report. I think I've fixed it. (Had to run down to the corner morgue for some fresh supplies) Try now.
It works! :D (Next time you need spares, talk to Igor down at the Body Shoppe. He'll give you a discount if you help him rotate his kneecaps.)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:01 pm Misitpedia is back. The default skin and probably other skins are a bit, to use a technical term, borked, because they didn't transfer over correctly. I'll patch them up soon when I have time, (he says... watch it take another year to actually happen).
Hey look, I beat my estimate by 4 months! I think I've fixed up Mistipedia's skin condition. Let me know of any issues spotted and I'll take care of them in my usual glacial timely manner.
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

I just took a quick peek, and it looks much better.
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Looks good to me too. Thanks, Gonzoron!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, we had some more wiki problems as you may or may not have noticed. I've fixed it for now, (I think) by upgrading, but we're back to the skin problems. I'll fix when I can. Any CSS experts that want to lend a hand, reach out.