Levkarest

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

Levkarest

Post by Count Spatula »

Would anyone happen to know if there are any TSR adventures in or around Levkarest? Thank you kindly.
Joël of the FoS

Re: Levkarest

Post by Joël of the FoS »

No, there is none.

But there are many things written in netbooks about Levkarest.

My campaign is currently in Levkarest, where they are encountering a deadly mix of sophisticate poisonners :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

For all the attention the Boritsis have got, there's no adventure in Levkarest?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Plenty of adventure hooks here and there, great NPCs, fleshed details (Legacy of Blood, etc.), and netbook development (Gargoyle of the Cathedral, etc.) but alas, not official adventures.

That said, Levkarest is a great sandbox of possibilities, I'm having a blast there.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

In the Going Back to Ravenloft thread, there’s a lot of stuff on Levkarest. Maps, locations, etc. I am using Levkarest as my base location in my campaign.
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

Found one

Post by Count Spatula »

In Chilling Tales by Lisa Smedman, "Undying Justice" takes place in Levkarest. Not her best work.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Found one

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Count Spatula wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:26 pm In Chilling Tales by Lisa Smedman, "Undying Justice" takes place in Levkarest. Not her best work.
While that book has its share of stinkers, I quite like that one. It went really well when I ran it. Nice and creepy ghost story/murder mystery.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Count Spatula »

We're currently in the middle of it. So far, so good. Definitely a creepy atmosphere, and with one of our PCs being a Ghostwatcher, it's a perfect fit. Their normal solution for these types of adventures has mostly been arson in the past.. but I'm hoping to see some improvement in that area this go-around.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Count Spatula wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:21 pmTheir normal solution for these types of adventures has mostly been arson in the past..
Mordentish Villagers: There are ghosts residing in Gryphon Hill as well as other residencies within Mordentshire.
Adventurers: Well we will need a list of all haunted houses in the area, around 20 tonnes of turpentine and some matches...

Well burning haunted buildings down doesn't destroy a spirit there has to be a task for each one of them to be laid to rest. If the task is not done the spirit still lingers in the Material Plane as a "homeless" ghost.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:28 am
Count Spatula wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:21 pmTheir normal solution for these types of adventures has mostly been arson in the past..
Mordentish Villagers: There are ghosts residing in Gryphon Hill as well as other residencies within Mordentshire.
Adventurers: Well we will need a list of all haunted houses in the area, around 20 tonnes of turpentine and some matches...

Well burning haunted buildings down doesn't destroy a spirit there has to be a task for each one of them to be laid to rest. If the task is not done the spirit still lingers in the Material Plane as a "homeless" ghost.
Which probably will be probably pissed off with the arsonists too, and maybe shall haunt them.
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Yeah, I think logical consequences for arson is the way to go. I mentioned some of my Call of Cthulhu experiences with resolving scenarios by arson in another thread. One I didn't mention there was a game where the investigators torched a house full of werewolves, and my character was killed when the angry werewolves chased us from the scene.
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

to be fair

Post by Count Spatula »

My PCs only intentionally committed arson once----to Jerretiere from "Last Dance" in Dungeon #64. That place really creeped them out. The constable shows up at their inn and asks them nicely(they were on good terms at the time)- to report to his office before they leave town for some questioning due to suspicion of arson. Instead, they high-tailed it out of town pursued by the city watch.. :|