Children of the Night Suggestions

Discussing all things Ravenloft
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Children of the Night Suggestions

Post by alhoon »

Hello ladies, gentlemen and hate-filled, tyrannical sock-puppets.

DMGuild has a 30% discount on monster-based titles. Which includes the Children of the Night series.
I already own Children of the Night: Ghosts.
I grabbed CoN: Vampires because it has Lyssa and Jander.

Which one should I go for next in your opinion?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Children of the Night Suggestions

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Both Created and Werebeasts have nice and bad additions

Created has Emil Bollenbach once more after appearing in CotNVampires and Azenwrath's, the first of the Ravenloft Treants, self-created golem, the adventure is not something special though... (it's the one in the cover). Then there is an interesting wax golem. The others are OK except some really bad ideas as Living Armor (a golem looking like a beholder).

Werebeast has some that I really like as a werefox, a werebat who can be mistaken for a vampire, an interesting weregorilla and his selection of curiosities and the appearance of an old Darklord who comes back to life and Vjorn Horstman which I have included in the latest QtR. The rest are OK as with the Created with some bad additions.

Truly I can't say which one is best I believe they are the same, both having some interesting characters.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Children of the Night Suggestions

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I vote Created. both are great, but the hit to miss ratio is a bit better in Created, IMHO.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."