A question of faith.

Books, movies, television and everything else
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Nathan of the Fraternity wrote:5 Protestant Christians
You can raise the count to six Protestant Christians, Nathan. Much like the father's side of Charlatan's family, I too follow the tenets of the Methodists.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Nathan of the Fraternity wrote:1 each for hedge wizardry (if that's the correct term, Wiccy?)
The term is Hedge Witch (basically a witch who practices outside a coven, Solitary is the modern and more preferred term for a Hedge witch these days, but I like the older term better) and can be placed in the Pagan entry in the poll. I do hate the term Pagan though :P
Swallow your soul!
Lysander
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lysander »

Nathan of the Fraternity wrote:1 each for hedge wizardry (if that's the correct term, Wiccy?), Unitarianism, deism, Judaism, Pantheism, Extropianism, Taoism, Baha'i, and Mormonism.
Make it 2 Jews (no, we're not going to have an arguement :lol: )
Lysander
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

Atheist here.

Like charlatan, I too am a liberal Democrat, and while my mother leans that way also most of my family are moderate to slightly-conservative Republicans.
[url]http://www.soundclick.com/godbrain[/url] check out my music.
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Born a Methodist and baptised such.. But sent to Catholic schools, elementary, middle, high and then college Jesuits and nuns. Is it any doubt that I became twisted. Basically now I consider myself an agnostic.

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

How would one define me? I'm not entirely certian. With myself I use the word Spiritualist. I am a very spiritual person who engages in prayer, meditation and communication with non-physical entities. I perform out of body and astral projections. (whille the terms can be used to mean the same thing, their is a difference)

With others I like to call myself a neo-pagan. (pagan, occording to my research, meant pesant .. thus a pegan religion is any which isn't recognized by those in power.) This basically means that I believe in many interpretations of god like beings, (I'm polytheistic) but tend to hold onto a base of christian morality.

I do some basic divination through oracles, but stray from questions of the future, prefering to simply request advice on the present. (unlike some more formal sorts, I tend to have a very intimate relationship with my oracles ... perceiving them as friends, not tools.)

I am, however, also precognisant ... though I tend to question myself too often and fail to put this to good use. (I'm about 80% accurate, but the skill is currently rather unfocused ... I've considered trying to train it more, but don't know anyone who could help and don't trust most of what gets into print)

I have had many experiences with the supernormal (a term I like much more than supernatural) throughout the course of my life. I am and have always been a magnet for spirits both benign and malignant. I have seen and communicated with ghosts, witnessed ufo's and had a few disturbing experiences in forestlands. (which I prefer not to discuss)

I believe in those entities known as demons and angels as well as ... and this is invariably the comment which gets me ingored for a fruitcake ... faeries. As to the later, I often find it amusing people have such a simple time believing in Angels and Demons, but not these entities with at least as much historical reference. Part of this likely has to do with the pixification of the Fae by hollywood. This belief is not simply a whim, but based on a good deal of personal experience and research. (you'll notice I'm used to being written off at this point by how hard I try to defend the belief)

and there you go.