Domain-specific Adventures (Low Level)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Domain-specific Adventures (Low Level)

Post by Speedwagon »

Hey guys, I've been looking at the official modules for Ravenloft on DM's Guild (2e, 3e, and 5e) and was wondering if there were any official modules published for Valachan, Borca, Dorvinia, Dementlieu, Nidala, Rokushima Taiyō or Pharazia? And if there are not, are there any unofficial fan-based modules, whether that be by third parties on DM's Guild or from the Fraternity of Shadows or the Kargatane itself, that have pre-written adventures within those Domains of Dread? Also, if they were geared more towards 1st or 2nd level, that'd be great! The reason I ask is that I'm planning to run a Ravenloft campaign relatively soon-ish (within this month) and while I have the broad strokes of the campaign set up, I'm trying to think of good starter level quests before I can hit them with the juicy stuff at around levels 3-5. Thanks for whatever help you can all give me!
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Domain-specific Adventures (Low Level)

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

There are few official low-level adventures for Ravenloft but not for the domains you described (if I remember correctly). Basically most of them are from the Children of the Night series and it's predecessor Chilling Tales as well as some Dungeon Magazine adventures all these are 2e. The only 3e adventure is from http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Library/Qtr18.pdf

Valachan:
Felkovic's Cat, Dungeon Magazine #50 (lvl 6-9)
The Price of Revenge found in Dungeon Magazine #42 (lvl 4-6)
Children of the Night: Vampires (Lady Adeline: Maze of Thorns lvl 6-9)
Chilling Tales (Family Feud lvl 4-6) two page adventure (not good)
Laughing Man from Dungeon Magazine #52 (lvl 5-9)

Misthunters 5e adventure The Deadliest Game (RMH-09) is set up in the new version of Valachan.

Borca:
Chilling Tales (Undying Justice lvl 3-5)
Book of Crypts (Corrupted Innocence lvl 5-7)

Dorvinia:
Not any official or unofficial adventure.
I have some adventure ideas and two Dorvinia(Borca)-related NPC's in QtR #27 Borcan Epic p.107-138
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Libr ... (2020).pdf

Dementlieu:
Children of the Night: Werebeasts (Angel Pajaro: A Night in the Opera lvl any)
Children of the Night: Werebeasts (Professor Arcanus: Missing Bones lvl any)
Children of the Night: Ghosts (Nicolai Malentha: Pity the Child lvl 6-8)
Children of the Night: Created (Alexander du Cire: Waxing Horrific lvl 5-7)
Chilling Tales (The Taskmaster's Leash lvl 7 and greater) post-GC (740BC)
QtR#18 Feasting with the Falcons lvl any

Misthunters 5e adventure The Grand Masquerade (RMH-EP-01) is set up in the new version of Dementlieu. (haven't read any Misthunters adventures yet, re they good?)

Nidala:
Not any official or unofficial adventure

Rokushima Táiyoo:
Not any official or unofficial adventure (I would suggest any Kar-Atur adventure from Dungeon Magazines)
The only character stats we have for Rokushima Táiyoo except the useless geist emperor Haki Shinpi, are the chiang-shi vampire warrior Mayonaka from the 2e Ravenloft Monstrous Compedium II and Shih Suren from Heroes of Light. Brilliantlight has created an unofficial version of Rokushima Taiyoo. http://fraternityofshadows.com/w/index ... vamp&go=Go

The Forgotten Children in the http://www.kargatane.com/ site has info on the Night Blossom, a chiang-shi vampire ninja.

Unfortunatelly both villains are chiang-shi vampires which makes them impossible adversaries for a low level party but maybe they are shadow villains working behind the scenes...

Mayonaka is a vampire version of the Highlander franchise combined with the Black Knight from the Arthurian legend and the Afro Samurai anime.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4slV0qSgvV4)

Pharazia:
Not any official or unofficial adventure (I would suggest any Al-Quadim adventure from Dungeon Magazines).
But you could use a story inspired by the medieval Holy Wars (just replace the invading Crusaders with Diamabel worshippers) :azalin:

Official adventures set in any domain:

The Sea Wolf Dungeon Magazine # 55 lvl 4-6 set in 748 BC in the Sea of Sorrows (I would place it in the Musarde)
Children of the Night: Vampires (Don Pablo: The Victim lvl 4-5) Dementlieu, Borca or Dorvinia
Children of the Night: Vampires (Alexi: To Conquer Fear lvl 4-5)
Children of the Night: Werebeasts (Professor Arcanus: Missing Bones lvl any) post-GC Dementlieu or Borca
Children of the Night: Ghosts (Jimmy Upton: Gone But Not Forgotten lvl any)
Children of the Night: Ghosts (Ghost Cat: Expiation (played better one-on-one) lvl any) Valachan?
Children of the Night: Ghosts (Wilhelm Pellman: A Matter of Trust lvl any)
Children of the Night: Ghosts (Susannah Johnson: And Wilt Thou Leave Me Thus? lvl 1-3) Dementlieu?
Children of the Night: Created (Aggregate Golem: Sickness Among Us lvl 4-6)
Children of the Night: Created (Angelique:Lady Lost lvl any)
Children of the Night: Created (Lumina: Graven Images lvl any) Dementlieu, Borca or Dorvinia
Children of the Night: Created (Lucre: A Heart of Gold lvl 4-6)

The ones I like best are Felkovic's Cat, The Price of Revenge, Undying Justice, A Night in the Opera (phantom of the opera with a twist), Missing Bones, Waxing Horrific, The Taskmaster's Leash, Feasting with the Falcons, The Sea Wolf (I would use it for a journey from Mortigny through Arkandale), The Victim, Gone But Not Forgotten, Expiation, Lady Lost.

I made the following pic in the first lockdown for The Taskmaster's Leash it is the nameless Amnizu in the adventure later named as Hizzoner by the FoS (yes I know I wrote it wrong...).
I am reposting the link for a great and inspired fiction with this character by Rotipher of the FoS
viewtopic.php?p=108044&hilit=
The Cellar Door Mistway is described in QtR#16, p.39-43
Attachments
Hizzonor_72dpi.jpg
Hizzonor_72dpi.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 808 times
Last edited by Mephisto of the FoS on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Wow, this is definitely super helpful. Thanks a ton for all the resources you've given!
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Have Fun! :davion: :ankhtepot: :diamabel: :wifred:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Mephisto wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:13 pm Nidala:
Not any official or unofficial adventure
True, but "Bane of the Shadowborn" from Dungeon Magazine # 31 is set in Shadowborn Manor, which is as least Nidala-adjacent.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK if we take the Shadowlands as Nidala...
Bane of the Shadowborn lvl 6-9 (Shadowborn Manor.)
A Light in the Belfry (audio CD adventure in Avonleigh)
Addar the Unicorn (progenitor of all shadow unicorns and darklord of the Phantasmal Forest) The Book of Sacrifices

The Fang of the Nosferatu is Valachan related (Hour of the Knife, Shadow of the Knife are set in Paridon).