Where is Administrator fraternityofshadows.com ??

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Davidbuc

Where is Administrator fraternityofshadows.com ??

Post by Davidbuc »

Where is admin?
It is important.
Thank.
Joël of the FoS

Re: Where is Administrator fraternityofshadows.com ??

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Admin is here.
You, out
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

...and I had so many things to tell :azalin:
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Joël of the FoS

We'll never know,
like that time when Ivan killed the servant that saw him cry,
we'll never know what the Deathstone was saying,
oh my
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

I had one of these calls to my cell phone. The person on the other end was from a foreign country, and said that they wanted to speak to me (and used my name), saying it was "important". My answer? "Important to you, not to me". Block and report spam.
Joël of the FoS

I'm more evil.

When they call and tell me I have a problem with so and so (problem on my computer that they detected from afar (!), legal problem, urgent tax problem*, etc, ...), I tell them I think it is very important to solve it, and that I'm putting them on hold for a second so I finish what I was doing, then I'll be back with them to solve this urgent problem.

Put the phone down, make them wait forever (45 mins is the record :azalin: ).

Want to loose my time? You will loose your time.

---

* Very easy for us to quickly identify as fraud when you live in Québec. Canada is bilingual but these callers never speak French, only English, which is a big nono in Québec (people expect people calling them will speak French, especially from a "governement agent").
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

The best one I had was someone sending me a real "fake" password I had been using telling me they have all my e-mail contacts and "blackmailing" me for a massive amount of bitcoin that they have a video of me from my webcam doing "I know what"(????) and that they will send it to all my contacts unless I pay.

I don't have a webcam...
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Mephisto wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:36 am The best one I had was someone sending me a real "fake" password I had been using telling me they have all my e-mail contacts and "blackmailing" me for a massive amount of bitcoin that they have a video of me from my webcam doing "I know what"(????) and that they will send it to all my contacts unless I pay.

I don't have a webcam...
I have received that one also, it was only concerning to me because they did have a correct password, but one I hadn't used in a few years.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Mephisto wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:36 am The best one I had was someone sending me a real "fake" password I had been using telling me they have all my e-mail contacts and "blackmailing" me for a massive amount of bitcoin that they have a video of me from my webcam doing "I know what"(????) and that they will send it to all my contacts unless I pay.

I don't have a webcam...
My dad got something like this as well once. He keeps his webcam hidden behind a bunch of stuff on his desk, so it was a pretty obvious bluff that we just laughed at.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I don't have a webcam...
I hope I am allowed to say that here, but my reply was "Did you enjoy that video? I can send you another one. " and some more things I cannot say here because of the grandma rule.
Never heard back from that person...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

LMAO Alhoon that's great. I have also received such an email with a very old password. My assumption is it was in a dataleak a long time ago or something because they still thought it was an active password. Just ultimately ignored it myself.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf