Your headcanon domains from published netbooks

Discussing all things Ravenloft
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Your headcanon domains from published netbooks

Post by tomokaicho »

What are your headcanon domains from published netbooks such as Quoth the Raven, the Kargatane Book of S series, and so on? It doesn't have to be unique, fan made domains. It can be fan interpretations or elaborations on existing domains.

I'll start with something, but it's not the only thing. I quite like the work done with FoS Zhersia netbook and its sister book, VRS: Doppelgangers. This is my headcanon Paridon now.
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Your headcanon domains from published netbooks

Post by KingCorn »

I take anything from the FoS as canon, so Sourange (my favorite), Zhesteria, and the Nocturnal Sea are as written. Same with Dopplegangers.
As for QtR, I take the FoS content their too, with the cellar door. Trainline too.
For custom domains, admittedly the only ones I liked where Shay-Lot, Scattered Lotus Cluster, and the clusters based on spanish colonization.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Until I will make my own version Neo Tiamat's Falkovnia and Barovia are my Falkovnia and my Barovia.
Gautsu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gautsu »

I have a real soft spot for Liffe from the Nocturnal Sea Gaz
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

I'm also a big fan of the gazetteers for Souragne and the Nocturnal Sea.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I ran a two- or three-year game based on the Souragne Gaz. I don't recall many details, honestly, only that we had a blast, and that these guys:

https://mummy.fandom.com/wiki/Cannibal_pygmy

Were among the main "stars" of our game.

Also, honestly, guys - I wouldn't have stuck with Ravenloft without the old Haunted Sites and Great War netbooks, and without a PBP game called "The Galen Saga", in which I didn't play, but which I read with all the passion of a twenty-year-old buck who wants to learn the craft. All those titles are probably pretty dated, from today's perspective, but I really wanted to take my time to express my appreciation. This was before the age of PDF stores, and "Internet Everywhere", and those books, bound at the university print store, were - and are - among my great RPG treasures. :D
Garudos Celestar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Garudos Celestar »

I've long been a fan of Carcharodon Isle (from the Book of Souls) and Whäl (from the Book of Sorrows) as additional ports of call in the Sea of Sorrows.
[i]"I too have begun to wonder about the legendary wisdom of our guardian angel and his pet rock."
~ Evee Beiderbecke[/i]
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I have Nosos connected with Zherisia in a setup similar to the Shining Bay Cluster from QtR 2, with additional material as needed taken from the FoS Zherisia stuff. In addition, Immerabt (from the Undead Sea Scrolls 2002) is part of the cluster, with its darklord having common origins but entirely opposed ideologies to Malus from Nosos.

Most of the stuff in the Nocturnal Sea Gazetteer are true in my understanding of said area. I referred to it a lot when in creating my Nocturnal Sea map (below, reposted from the maps update thread). As alluded to in the netbook, I included Nedragonne and Locknar Cove.
VIEW CONTENT:
When/if I finish my map of the Sea of Sorrows, it will reference the various articles of the canon domains fleshed out in the various QtRs, as well as some of the homebrew domains from various other netbooks, such as Carcharodon Isle, Gustavstan (USS 2001), and Whal.