QTR 28 errata

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: QTR 28 errata

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Rock wrote:You kind of need to, to qualify for the PrC. ^^;
It takes 8 ranks in Knowledge (arcana) and 4 ranks in Knowledge (Ravenloft) to qualify. Add to that Paddock's +3 bonus from Intelligence, and he'd need to have Knowledge (Ravenloft) +7 before he could even dip his toe in FoS.
Oh I have already added the plus from abilities... I did that so that someone shouldn't go around the skill rules to see which ability applies to which skill. But I just realised I have to put an extra rank in arcana cause I 've put +10 and his plus from int is 3 so that makes it 7 ranks.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PAGE 322
Male human Master Sage2/Trans4/Druid5/FoS1/MasterOfManyForms3
Hit Dice: 2d6+5d4+8d8+15 (65 hp)

Base Attack/Grapple: +8, 2 claws +4/ bite +3
Attack: 1d6+1 (claw), or +9 1d6+1 (cane)
Full Attack: Claw 1d6+1/1d6+1; bite 1d4

Saves: Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +19 (+23 Madness)
the reason why his mind managed to survive his journey in the Nightmare Lands

Skills: Concentration +8, Listen +4(6*), Spot +4(6*), Swim +4, Search +3, Knowledge (nature) +7#, Knowledge (Ravenloft) +10, Knowledge (history) +8, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Knowledge (Arcana) +14, Knowledge (Nightmare Lands) +15, Survival +7(+9#NL), Move Silently +5(9*), Hide +5 (9*), Decipher Script +10, Diplomacy +13#, Heal +4, Sense Motive +7, Bluff +6, Gather Information +6, Craft (Alchemy) +10, Hypnosis +8, Intimidate +3#, (*underwater)(#synergy)

Feats: Scribe Scroll, Alertness, Iron Will, Endurance, Open Mind, Serpent’s Venom, Extra Wild Shape, Spell Mastery, Silent Spell

Languages: Zherisian*, Draconic, Mordentish, Abber, Vaasi

Challenge Rating: 13

Improved Wild Shape (Su) 5/day
instead of 3/day that was before (I forgot the extra shape feat)

PAGE 323
Arcane Spells: DC 12+spell lvl, 4+1/4+1/3+1/2+1 (one additional spell from Alteration, no spells from Abjuration or Necromancy)(Spell Mastery Spells+) :
Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand*, Mending*, Message*, Open/Close*, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic; Charm Person, Enlarge Person*, Expeditious Retreat*, Hypnotism+, Jump*, Silent Image, Disguise Self, Comprehend Languages, Mage Armor; Alter Self*, Bull’s Strength*, Darkvision*, Spider Climb*, Web; Gaseous Form*+, Rage+, Suggestion, Tongues

Also add in his powers
Lore: As a master sage Cedrik has acquired a talent for picking up assorted facts, historical trivia, and random legends, just as a bard does with bardic knowledge. Paddock's bardic knowledge check is +12.

JOEL : THIS IS ADDED TO THE NEW VERSION
Last edited by Mephisto of the FoS on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

In the end of Conch Shell of Sorrows article add
Special thanks to tomokaicho and Rock for insight and corrections on NPC stats.

tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

That looks much better. Iron Will was the feat that you added to help Cedrik survive the Nightmare Lands? Good fluff crunch synergy.

The Master Sage works really well in Ravenloft. Another class from Dragonlance 3.5 that works well in Ravenloft is the Nightstalker. A spirit medium with a ghostly companion? Yes please.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

tomokaicho wrote:That looks much better. Iron Will was the feat that you added to help Cedrik survive the Nightmare Lands? Good fluff crunch synergy.

The Master Sage works really well in Ravenloft. Another class from Dragonlance 3.5 that works well in Ravenloft is the Nightstalker. A spirit medium with a ghostly companion? Yes please.
Iron Will (+2 Will) and Open Mind (+4 Madness), but he had those from the beginning
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Within "Scenes from a Starving Land", please replace the text of the section entitled "The Swords at Fort Grasu" (currently starting on page 315) with the following:
Fort Grasu was built in 735BC at the behest of the Dervich Merchants' Guild, which was tired of losing their best wares to the bandits of the Jackal's Run. The original commander, Captain Grasu, was killed by kobolds in 738BC, and the fort was officially named in his honor. Captain Anzya took command that summer, and she has held the fort ever since.

In 739BC, Captain Anzya and her Swords tracked down and killed the bandit known as the Jackal. According to rumor, the Jackal's widow has subsequently taken his position and his nickname. (This is traditional; the most prominent bandit in the Run always claims that title.) However, the new Jackal has proven to be a much more moderate raider than her predecessor. She claims only a third of all food transported through the Run. Many merchants simply surrender her share and continue on without violence.

Captain Anzya has been tasked with hunting down the Jackal, but she has no intention of succeeding at her task. After all, she is the Jackal. The story of the Jackal’s widow is entirely fictional, a rumor that Captain Anzya spread to obscure her own assumption of the role. In addition, her second-in-command, Lieutenant Deskha, is a wereleopard. Years ago Deshka was orphaned by Swords from Zhukar but taken in by Captain Anzya, and Fort Grasu has become her home. Those Swords who are loyal to Captain Anzya know and keep her secrets; those who prove insufficiently loyal never learn any secrets, and they find themselves reassigned to Zhukar at the end of the summer.

Attentive observers may note that the villages of the Jackal’s Run have experienced less starvation during the winter since the latest Jackal claimed the title.

Many thanks!

DE NADA :)
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Copied over from the other errata thread:
Mephisto wrote:As Jeremy16 mentioned in his review on the Conch Shell of Sorrows...
Jeremy16 wrote:The Conch Shell of Sorrows
]Framing Fiction - I like seeing the Umbra make an appearance, but that afterword should have been placed, you know, at the end.
I agree so if it is possible place the fiction section from pages 347 and 349 in the end of the article. If not it is OK.
Thanks.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

OK, sorry for the delay, lots of projects here, you'll see soon.

I have been implementing the last corrections found here.

New version is out next weekend, if anyone would like to add something.

Also please chek that I did add a note under your post that the correction was made (I don't think I forgot any, but you never know).
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Revised version of QtR 28 is now available. It includes all erratas and addendas.

Please replace your olf copy this one!

Quoth the Raven: Issue 28
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)