Discussing all things Ravenloft
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Timeline problems

Post by Daisu »

http://www.omnimulti.com/other/chrono.html
Worlds Conversion Timelines

I was using this link but it seems to be off.
1358dr time of troubles 740bc in magnrum timeline 742bc by the above link

So who is off?

Magnrum timeline works for me but if this conversion link is proving canon I am in trouble.
My RPG PC Game: higurashirpg.blogspot.com
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Timeline problems

Post by tomokaicho »

Daisu wrote:http://www.omnimulti.com/other/chrono.html
Worlds Conversion Timelines

I was using this link but it seems to be off.
1358dr time of troubles 740bc in magnrum timeline 742bc by the above link

So who is off?

Magnrum timeline works for me but if this conversion link is proving canon I am in trouble.
Hol' up. Ravenloft can distort time. If you are talking about FR, creatures from the distant FR past can appear in today's Barovia. The timeline oddities are not the problem you think.
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

can it be reverse and is there canon proof of it being reversed? As in forgotten realm present to ravenloft past?

I still want to know which timeline is true though...
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I'm not sure there's any canon 1:1 year match ups between those worlds and Ravenloft. From the intro to Mangrum's timeline:

Forgotten Realms has been slightly problematic in the past. Until recently, the only source for a Realms anchor date was the novel Vampire of the Mists. This offered a solid anchor (the vampiric infestation of Merrydale); unfortunately, the date given for this event in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box would mean that Ravenloft’s “present day” is about 350 years in Toril’s past. Recently, the crossover modules Castle Spulzeer and The Forgotten Terror implied that 1367 DR is concurrent to 751 BR, but this leads to problems as well, which I detail below. Currently, and for the reasons outlined in the The Forgotten Terror entry, this timeline assumes 751 BC = 1370 DR. As a note, when it is Midwinter on Toril, it is April in Ravenloft. I have not been able to find an anchor to Kara-Tur’s calendar.

To date, there are no firm anchor dates for Mystara, Cerilia, or Athas. Of course, none of those worlds have a 365-day year, so perhaps for my sake it’s for the better that way.

Of course, the actual canon is that time “just works differently” in Ravenloft, so all these anchor dates to other worlds are really just here for my own amusement.
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

I am trying to date some mostly- canon domains I worked on almost decades ago. To firstly set dates to them and perhaps do article to bring them up to current timeline.

1357 dr -The vampire T'lann dragged into ravenloft and becomes a darklord (crystal spheres -spelljammer module)

I have date 740 bc for when it was on the core which fits since Daglan (feast of goblyns) vanished before that but there has to be some weird timetravelling element if suppose to exist before 740 as an island of terror due to date refrenece in Neither Man Nor Beast which I am trying to line up with.

I can save a lot of trouble if there instances that can make me agree that the domain could exist before 740 due to mist time travelling.

I am unboxing my ravenloft collection just so I can confirm dates. Anyone else own the ravenloft book Castle of undead to figure that in the timeline?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Daisu wrote:Anyone else own the ravenloft book Castle of undead to figure that in the timeline?
I do own it, but haven't actually read it. Is there something I could quickly look up for you?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

I am sure to find my copy by tomorrow. You should give the book a read, it not all that horrible.

Maridrar was an Oerth kingdom that became Moridana, I m just trying to figure date of when the domain form and vanished. I just do not have my book to confirm what little I did have in my article, that is if it is in the book or in greyhawk product confirm the war that made Valkarrn... Also do not remember how long the legend was waiting for chosen one... This book also kinda gives background that Vastani might be related to Rhennee (Oerth's gypsies) .