Possible Vistani Background?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Possible Vistani Background?

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

One of my players wanted to be a Vistani character. I know that some GMs might not allow such a thing, but I have no problem with that. Here's what I developed for her on the fly. What do you think?

Vistani Traits:
Creature Type: You considered to be an Outsider.
Size: You are medium or small.
Speed: 30 feet.
Special Traits:
• Mistvision: Fog or mist does not obscure your vision. This means that you can also navigate the Mists of Ravenloft, choosing where you end up. That said, should you disobey the directive of the Mists, there are always consequences. And usually those consequences are worse than death.
• Fortune Telling: Whether it be through the Tarroka Deck, casting bones, or flipping a coin, you can tell the fortune of another – but you cannot tell your own fortune. Once per long rest, you can also cast augury.
• Fated: You may reroll the result of any d20 roll once per long rest, but you must accept the results of the second roll. After you do this, the GM may force you to re-roll a roll of their choosing, so long as it takes place before the next sundown.
• Languages: You know Common, Vistani, and two “extra” languages that you don’t choose during character creation. You suddenly know these languages spontaneously. They spring to mind during your adventures. Once you know a particular language, this change to your mind is permanent.
• Wily: You have advantage on Insight rolls to tell if someone is lying to you.
Ability Score Increase:
You increase your Charisma by 2, and your Dexterity by 1.