Is there a problem of some sort?
... Is all the information safe? ^^;
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mistipedia trouble?

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Fear not. Information is safe.

there's an issue with the wiki software. I need to devote some time to fully fix it (probably just upgrade to latest). But no time now. For the moment, I've disabled the "Cite" extension, which seems to have got it back mostly functional.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

*whew* Thanks for the good news.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

90% fixed. It's looking pretty ugly because the custom css files got blown away. But should be fully functional. let me know of any non-display issues you see.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Here's an issue: there's a bunch of new user profiles, and at least two new pages that have something to do with weight loss and poker. While such matters are probably not unknown in the Demiplane, I doubt these people were thinking of adding to the Ravenloft game.

*EDIT* Moreover, these user profiles look like they're mostly there as promotion of websites and/or dating profiles...?

*EDIT* Annnd there's about a dozen more of them since my previous edit. Eesh. Has the CAPTCHA been disabled...?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

yup, you got it. The captcha reverted to the default one, which is super-easy. (just an addition problem.) that let in the flood of spammers that are apparently constantly waiting to tell us about their poker sites, weight loss schemes, and ... ahem... male enlargement pills. :P

I've fixed it, removed the spam pages, and blocked all the new users (69 of them, appropriately enough...)

Thanks for the tip and let me know if you see anything else.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Thank you for keeping Mistipedia going and clean of... ahem... 'unwanted solicitors', and will do! ^_^
Mischief
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mischief »

The wiki css appears to have gotten walloped. It's very er.. blue. and the recent changes page isn't right.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Yes, the css got wiped in the upgrade. I've been attempting to fix it. Have you tried a shift-reload? Recent Changes looks ok to me. Tables are still iffy, still working on that.
Mischief
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mischief »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Yes, the css got wiped in the upgrade. I've been attempting to fix it. Have you tried a shift-reload? Recent Changes looks ok to me. Tables are still iffy, still working on that.
I checked to see if archive.org or google caught http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/wiki ... nobook.css in archive/cache to see if I could save you some labor. No dice. I'll make it scrape once you get things back to normal.

Here's what I got after wiping the cache in two browsers.
VIEW CONTENT:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, so the "List of Abbreviations" box wasn't showing up there, but I've fixed it now. I think the remaining oddness can be chalked up to "well, that's what it looks like in the new version". The big white Active Filters box is a big garish looking, but I think we can deal with it. That's how it looks in the other skins as well.
As for the large spaces between the abbreviations (if any) and the pull-down triangle (if any) to the left of the timestamp on each line again seems like something that's just there in this version. If there's a relevant abbreviation (N,m,b, or !) to put there, it goes there. if not, there's a blank space.

Any other issues you see that I missed?
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well... Ezmeralda D'Avenir seems to be a self-referencing link to an empty page.

Apart from that, all looks clear, guv!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rock wrote:Well... Ezmeralda D'Avenir seems to be a self-referencing link to an empty page.
I'm not seeing that... I see Ezmerelda D'Avenir (capital D) redirecting to Ezmerelda d'Avenir (lower case d), which is her actual page. Can you double check? (post links if you find it)

http://fraternityofshadows.com/w/index. ... edirect=no
http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Ezm ... d%27Avenir
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

I get a CSRF error message and won't let me log out or post. It seems to go away, but this is the second time it has cropped up.
My RPG PC Game: higurashirpg.blogspot.com
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Not sure what to do about that. As long as it keeps going away, good, I suppose. At some point (maybe over this winter break) I need to upgrade both the wiki and the forum to the latest version of PHP. That might make some of these mysterious issues go away.