Evil Genius

Re: Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Post by ewancummins »

41 to Fala

nada to Klokulf and Kintire

18 to Alain

I'll hand out XP now.
EDIT 206 XP each PC
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Ok I think the some total for damage is 18 Damage on Alain and 35 total on Fala then, please correct me if I have those numbers wrong .
And as main line note for the Stairs . I think we should wait till Alain has full Complement of 3rd lvl spells for adventure into the Darkling Stairs . If we go now he down to being able to cast just two 3rd spells versus 4(his usually max per day now) besides 2nd and 1st lvl spells he has used for the day . Also think everyone need to be at Max hp before we go down into the Stairs .
Klokulf can help with the hit point issue 1d8+1 hit points at a time with the wand, saving cure moderate wounds for the next emergency. If we wait until tomorrow, Klokulf will have to conserve spells until then (which isn't a problem), otherwise he can't prepare new magic until noon. My primary concern is, the longer we stay in this town, the more rushed the rest of our stops have to be, and we have really just begun the expedition.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Well Fala and Alain will use at the least 1 charge a piece on themselves and then we see how much they down .

0 on Fala now down 26 HP after that .

1 On Alain now 13 HP after that .

So could use some heals used on them both unless they both just use up there belts and the belts recharge a dawn tommrow anyway and you save the wand for emergency use only after a fight since it does not recharge daily like our belts do .

Personally do not feel rushed about going down into stairs as we just took out possible resource the enemy could have used against us . I like the saying that you just should live by period:"Evil is not a club" as we and Ewan like pointing out to certain players lol .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lord Skybolt wrote:Personally do not feel rushed about going down into stairs as we just took out possible resource the enemy could have used against us . I like the saying that you just should live by period:"Evil is not a club" as we and Ewan like pointing out to certain players lol .
I'm not 100% sure I follow. I suspect you mean like a social club, but my first thought was the bludgeoning weapon.

My timing concern comes from the rent in Zhentil Keep being due two months from the start of the expedition. The journey will take about a month and a half, so we have a hard limit of 2 weeks on any exploratory time. I don't like running right up to any deadline, in case of unforseen complications.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Well I don't like dying in the middle of Dungeon because we are hurrying too much is the more important aspect to me and any Characters I runs main concern .
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lord Skybolt wrote:Well I don't like dying in the middle of Dungeon because we are hurrying too much is the more important aspect to me and any Characters I runs main concern .
That's fair. It will be much harder to pay the rent if Klokulf is dead.

Even discounting the clock on the entire expedition, the time in the Stair will be limited by the duration of daylight, which is 50 minutes for Klokulf. We will have to keep careful track and never get more than 25 minutes from the exit. To maximize our time in the dungeon, we might want to peek in as far as we dare today, then come back tomorrow afternoon with spells re-prepared.

Whatever we do, it occurs to me that it would be a good idea to buy a very long roll of twine as a backup guide if the lights go out down there. It will probably get cut or moved by the creatures in the Stair, but it's worth a shot.

By the way, exactly how many days have we been in Olek's Cairn by this point? I think it has been at least 3, but possibly as many as 5.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Don't worry about that as problem as Fala can use True Seeing Spell once per day via her Head band to allow us to get out as that spell allows Sight through even that Darkness . That is only for 1 Minute but that is enough for to get through and I don't think the Darkness is beyond the entrance any way to tell you the truth .

Also for purposes of Seeing in magical and normal darkness you may want to prepare if needed Ebon Eyes From Spell Compendium Page 77 if you think we can procure the Material component for it since last 10 minutes a lvl but is only a 1st lvl Spell of Assassin/Cleric/Sorc/Wiz kind . Need a pinch of powdered black gemstone of any kind . One spell need per person . Fala has Darkvision so she good . Others may need but we will see and lets see if you do not need to use the Daylight Spell just yet .
I know I talked to Ewan about Fala making of map of entrance while she had the True Seeing Spell on the last time we were there .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:
Lord Skybolt wrote:Well I don't like dying in the middle of Dungeon because we are hurrying too much is the more important aspect to me and any Characters I runs main concern .
That's fair. It will be much harder to pay the rent if Klokulf is dead.

Even discounting the clock on the entire expedition, the time in the Stair will be limited by the duration of daylight, which is 50 minutes for Klokulf. We will have to keep careful track and never get more than 25 minutes from the exit. To maximize our time in the dungeon, we might want to peek in as far as we dare today, then come back tomorrow afternoon with spells re-prepared.

Whatever we do, it occurs to me that it would be a good idea to buy a very long roll of twine as a backup guide if the lights go out down there. It will probably get cut or moved by the creatures in the Stair, but it's worth a shot.

By the way, exactly how many days have we been in Olek's Cairn by this point? I think it has been at least 3, but possibly as many as 5.

It's late morning of day 4.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lord Skybolt wrote:Don't worry about that as problem as Fala can use True Seeing Spell once per day via her Head band to allow us to get out as that spell allows Sight through even that Darkness . That is only for 1 Minute but that is enough for to get through and I don't think the Darkness is beyond the entrance any way to tell you the truth .

Also for purposes of Seeing in magical and normal darkness you may want to prepare if needed Ebon Eyes From Spell Compendium Page 77 if you think we can procure the Material component for it since last 10 minutes a lvl but is only a 1st lvl Spell of Assassin/Cleric/Sorc/Wiz kind . Need a pinch of powdered black gemstone of any kind . One spell need per person . Fala has Darkvision so she good . Others may need but we will see and lets see if you do not need to use the Daylight Spell just yet .
I know I talked to Ewan about Fala making of map of entrance while she had the True Seeing Spell on the last time we were there .
Ebon eyes is probably worth preparing. I will probably replace bless with it come noon. If the darkness is only at the entrance, then daylight may not really be necessary. It might be nice to have a cure serious wounds prepared instead. I would like to get confirmation that the darkness does indeed end before I make such a change. Could Fala go find the edge of the darkness today before noon? If the darkness isn't too extensive, we can call it a day and come back at first light tomorrow.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I think we could go there and have Fala under True Seeing Affect move to see if the Magical Darkness ends at some point on the stairs or at the end of it . Her Move should allow her to at the least see how far the darkness goes .

I would like to get her to Max HP before she takes that trip though .
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lord Skybolt wrote:I would like to get her to Max HP before she takes that trip though .
Four uses of the wand of cure light wounds coming right up:
+4 makes 15.

Should I try again?
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

11 HP down now . So try 2 more charges to finish the healing on her .
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

+2 makes 10. Close enough?
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Yes, that good enough .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Abyssal curse strikes the reader of the evil runes. But as Alain is forewarned by Kat's experience, I will adjust the DC of the saving throw downward to a mere DC 10 will save. This represents him stopping reading as soon as he realizes it's a curse. No, doesn't matter if he says it out loud or not, for this one.
Success= no effect.
Failure= no effect, now, but if he dies later without the curse being lifted...