Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain will use conceal spell casting skill trick to cast his next spell .
0 for the sleight of hand check at if I remember right +13 to determine spot DC they have to meet in order to even notice him casting a spell .

If they don't see him casting then he is casing Fireburst damage is to 10 burst from for
1 +7 edge damage . DC 15 REFLEX For half.
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SPOT

Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

They see him. Good thing for him they are pretty much mindless.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I have corrected the foul-up with Klokulf's rebuke/command. I seem to recall the supernatural aura in the Grim Bastion was a factor, too. . But this time we just goofed the rule.

I have edited so that those undead not controlled continued their rush and were caught in Alain's fireball. He took out over two thirds of the force, not one quarter.

Sounds fair?
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

So they have at least +3 to spot then?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:So they have at least +3 to spot then?

You'll see.

But as it is, they take no special action. Just keep on with what they have been doing. He isn't suffering an AoO.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I think we need to let Kintire catch on her character doing something as she would been able to do something round 2 at the least.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Alain will use conceal spell casting skill trick to cast his next spell .
244825:0 for the sleight of hand check at if I remember right +13 to determine spot DC they have to meet in order to even notice him casting a spell .

If they don't see him casting then he is casing Fireburst damage is to 10 burst from for
244825:1 +7 edge damage . DC 15 REFLEX For half.
reflex save

plus 2

Even with the save, he drops all those attacking him in melee.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:I think we need to let Kintire catch on her character doing something as she would been able to do something round 2 at the least.
Yes, this is where I must pause to allow Kintire to post for round 2.

Surprise round was no action for her. She was still in the cellar, unaware of what was happening so suddenly, but worried about the creepy message.

Round one was going up stairs and out to talk/to check on party. She did go quickly, but it didn't sound like running and screaming to me.

In round two she can be where she likes and do as she pleases.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE

ROUND TWO

Three left on Alain (but that spell LordSkybolt rolled for should go off on his turn in round three and toast them, unless they manage to knock him around hard enough to disrupt, which is unlikely given his AC)

Two left on FALA after her actions destroy one of three and damage another.

None left on Klokulf.

All the rest destroyed, rebuked, chopped up, burned.

KAT'S ACTION?

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat will attack the ones on Alain as he seems to have more than anyone. If they get toasted, she will switch to the largest remaining groups.

I think it is now clear that mistakes were made. Eldritch writing was recited aloud which should not have been recited aloud. However I think we can all agree that now is not the time for fingerpointing and blame, but instead to learn from this experience and move forward in a constructive way, focussing on the fact that the undead arose at a time when a prepared party could focus on them and not as part of whatever plan they were intended for... :cookie:
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I would attack the ones on Fala as Alain's spell will damage Kat if she is in Melee range of the ones on Alain as his Fire Burst spell Extends 10 away from him and not just to those in melee range on him but 5 feet farther on than that even . Otherwise your going to need to roll Reflex(DC15) save against that spell for Half Damage .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Half damage? I pity the poor schmucks who pass a reflex save and still take half damage.

Still, you are probably right. I am pretty unlikely to fail that save, but it is possible, and would be embarrassing.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, so attack, based on post...

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Can't crit.

before bonus