FoS on 1d4chan

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

FoS on 1d4chan

Post by Hell_Born »

Thought this forum might like to know that a new article has just arrived on 1d4chan; one all about the Fraternity of Shadows.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Fraternity_of_Shadows

Feels underdeveloped and inaccurate to me, but I don't consider myself enough of an insider to this site to fix it up. Anyone care to take a shot at correcting the author's obvious mistakes?
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
Joël of the FoS

Re: FoS on 1d4chan

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Indeed, some mistakes there are.

We do not host the Kargatane's netbooks.

---

For the record, I had hints from the K before they stopped doing the BoS series of netbook, thus giving Nathan and me time to plan the USS netbooks in 2001. Then in 2002 we had competition, Stephen's QtR (Booo! ;)). Early 2003, we made the right decision in that context and we merged both teams and kept only the QtR netbooks. Too bad, I thought the Undead Sea Scrolls was a cool name, but Stephen had more drive for the netbooks so we kept that name. Voilà for the netbooks.

But when they closed their site on Halloween 2003, we had no clue at all. We were as surprised as anybody else.

Of course, we quickly decided to make a web site (we knew those were giant shoes to fill). But this takes time as none of us knew how to make it (Thank god Stephen was there!). It took us eight weeks - learning how to do it, buying the FoS name, finding a server, writing the material, and coding it. Nathan had the idea to make a creepy FoS manor rooms themed web site, and we loved the idea.

In the meantime, Scipio opened a Ravenloft message board, and some of us thought "oh no, we're too late, he'll get all the trafic. We're dead, we should not be opening" ;)

But we pursued the task and we opened our Internet FoS manor doors on December 2nd, 2003, and we are still here 15+ years after.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Updated a bit for accuracy. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Buzzclaw
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Buzzclaw »

1d4chan has trouble accurately describing 4chan(nel), the fact that it messes up with FoS is no surprise.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Buzzclaw wrote:1d4chan has trouble accurately describing 4chan(nel), the fact that it messes up with FoS is no surprise.
Yikes... I was torn on whether the name was a clever, slightly risque pun or an attempt to piggyback on the awfulness that is 4chan, but the description of 4chan they have on 1d4chan doesn't do them any favors in the legitimacy department. I feel a bit dirty having edited there now. :/
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."