Anyone used a Mist Golem?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Solan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Anyone used a Mist Golem?

Post by Solan »

The Mist Golem has always struck me as a tremendously powerful monster, much like the Ravenloft version of a Tarrasque. I was just curious as to whether any Ravenloft DM has actually used a Mist Golem in an adventure?
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Anyone used a Mist Golem?

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

I almost used a mist golem in a non-Ravenloft campaign. I had planned to reskin it as a pipe organ golem powered by an imprisoned devil, using sound and steam powers (I was kind of blending an organ and a steam calliope). However, an error in judgement on my part and the difficulty inherent in handling 15th level characters led to the golem's anticlimactic, off-stage destruction.
Starscream
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Starscream »

Wolfglide wrote:I almost used a mist golem in a non-Ravenloft campaign. I had planned to reskin it as a pipe organ golem powered by an imprisoned devil, using sound and steam powers (I was kind of blending an organ and a steam calliope). However, an error in judgement on my part and the difficulty inherent in handling 15th level characters led to the golem's anticlimactic, off-stage destruction.
pipe organ golem? You gave me a new idea for my campaign, a devilish "beauty and the beast".
According to the direct-to-video sequel to the disney cartoon there was a servant who had been transformed into a organ. what a coincidence!
Why I'd never thought of that?

thank you! :D
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Starscream wrote:According to the direct-to-video sequel to the disney cartoon there was a servant who had been transformed into a organ. what a coincidence!
That's actually where I got the idea. Maestro Forte is my favorite part of that film.
Starscream
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Starscream »

Wolfglide wrote:
Starscream wrote:According to the direct-to-video sequel to the disney cartoon there was a servant who had been transformed into a organ. what a coincidence!
That's actually where I got the idea. Maestro Forte is my favorite part of that film.
Indeed. Maestro Forte is the only reason to watch that cartoon (I dislike most of the direct-to-video sequel)
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

That's Tim Curry for you. He's entertaining even in pretty crappy stuff.