LOST TRAILS 8: The Harrowdale Horror, part 2

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS 8: The Harrowdale Horror, part 2

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf bites back the urge to ask what in the name of the Lawgiver that means, then asks his second question: "Will you attack the city of Harrowdale further?"
Tap, tap...tap...tap...

THE GREEN MASTER
COMMANDS
KILL
ALL
ROT
KILL
FIRES
DARK
RISING
SOON
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict pauses for a moment, tapping his pencil against pursed lips. "That doesn't sound promising. Although, do you suppose it's possible they were here to battle that creature and got caught up in its influence? That...thing didn't strike me as being a 'green master'."

He looks to Klokulf to ask this question to the deceased, but is surprised to see that the spell has ended. Dorgio, he thinks where are you when I need you?
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The apparition fades away.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf heaves a heavy sigh. "Whatever is happening, it clearly is only just beginning."

He looks to Bennedict. "Though we may not get much clearer answers, I would be interested to find that acolyte Willun mentioned, the one deep in the throes of the Madness. Assuming she is still in the ... Council Hall, was it? At least she would be alive and verbally comprehensible."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict nods. "It's worth a look, anyways. I'm not terribly anxious to go tromping off into the woods searching for these things."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Alwina says,
''The Council Hall is marked on one of the maps the shipmaster gave you, isn't it?"

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"Indeed, it ought to be," Klokulf replies.

Turning back to Bennedict, he continues, "Perhaps if Willun knows of this Master Quillian the shipmaster sent us to look for, he might be able to mark the man's residence or place of business on the map before we venture back into the town."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Alwina says, to no one in particular,
''I like maps. We had a big book of old maps at the Palace.''
Then, while the two men discuss their plans, she wanders off in direction of the footbridge...

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Looking back and forth between the map and the town, Bennedict points at the town hall. "It's over there. Let's go take a look."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen nods his head, grimly. "That sounds reasonable." Then he turns to Alwina. "Where do you want to be when we go to investigate this issue miss? Also a book of maps? That sounds interesting. Your land was probably more advanced than mine."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Raen nods his head, grimly. "That sounds reasonable." Then he turns to Alwina. "Where do you want to be when we go to investigate this issue miss? Also a book of maps? That sounds interesting. Your land was probably more advanced than mine."
Alwina stops, turns around, and walks back to the men.
''I'm not afraid to go wherever Klokulf goes. Not more than staying apart from him. But if he thinks it's best I don't go along, then maybe I can go with Randal and his father to one of the farmhouses, like the one nearby where we met Randal? Or back to the ship? "

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen thinks for a moment and turns to Alwina and Klokuf. "Honestly, I am not sure if staying at the farmhouses is safe either. I think it's better for the madam to wait in the ship. Tell them the news and tell them to wait a bit more."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Klokulf scratches his head lightly, then he replies, "It would certainly be safer for Alwina, Willun, and Randal on the ship, but I am concerned if that would be safe for the ship. It is as yet unclear how the Laughing Madness spreads, and if the entire ship goes mad, there is nothing I can do with magic unaided. I suspect a quarantine period would be advisable before anyone can return. Willun may not be a danger to the ship if he were sent alone, but the rest of us ..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf scratches his head lightly, then he replies, "It would certainly be safer for Alwina, Willun, and Randal on the ship, but I am concerned if that would be safe for the ship. It is as yet unclear how the Laughing Madness spreads, and if the entire ship goes mad, there is nothing I can do with magic unaided. I suspect a quarantine period would be advisable before anyone can return. Willun may not be a danger to the ship if he were sent alone, but the rest of us ..."
Alwina says,
''I don't want anyone to get sick because of me.''

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen clicks his tongue. He hasn't thought of that possibility.
"You are right. Perhaps we should seek safe shelter for them on the way to the town?"
My DMGuild work!