Hi, how can i make a domain or a cluster net-canon?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Hi, how can i make a domain or a cluster net-canon?

Post by Guardiani »

Hi i've Been making maps and i stuck in one of my favorite clusters that is Nuova Aragona...since it doesnt have a map and i can't transform this scenario so i was wondering.

What makes a domain/cluster Net-Canon?

Because i have a created a Cluster and a map, i just wish to know how to make it Net-Canon.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Hi, how can i make a domain or a cluster net-canon?

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I think that only happens if it becomes popular enough with the fans.
Just give it all the love you got, put it out there and hope for the best.
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

Net cannon is simply a matter of popularity and widespread acceptance. There is no formal way to make that happen.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Net(book) canon is simply a term for things included in FoS or Kargatane netbooks (see the definition here: http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Mis ... book-canon ). I think the FoS folks do a yearly Quoth the Raven, so submitting your articles for inclusion in that is probably your best bet.

Take the term net canon with a grain of salt. Unlike actual canon (which even Ravenloft fans can disagree on a lot), net canon doesn't necessarily have a common widespread acceptance considering all that's been published that often/sometimes contradict each other. Some netbook canon is widely accepted by fans, but not all of it. Net canon is still unofficial to the Ravenloft setting.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The Lesser Evil wrote:Net(book) canon is simply a term for things included in FoS or Kargatane netbooks (see the definition here: http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Mis ... book-canon ). I think the FoS folks do a yearly Quoth the Raven, so submitting your articles for inclusion in that is probably your best bet.

Take the term net canon with a grain of salt. Unlike actual canon (which even Ravenloft fans can disagree on a lot), net canon doesn't necessarily have a common widespread acceptance considering all that's been published that often/sometimes contradict each other. Some netbook canon is widely accepted by fans, but not all of it. Net canon is still unofficial to the Ravenloft setting.
This is the correct answer. I wrote that "Levels of Canon" page for Mistipedia, just to give some guidelines for categorizing things on the wiki. There's no formal arbiter of canon of any level, plenty of things labelled "netbook canon" are contradictory with each other, and even with "actual" canon info from the printed books, there is plenty that people change or ignore in their own campaigns.

With that said, anything accepted into QtR would by default get the "netbook canon" label in Mistipedia, if that's the "stamp of approval" that you're looking to receive. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Guardiani wrote:Hi i've Been making maps and i stuck in one of my favorite clusters that is Nuova Aragona...since it doesnt have a map and i can't transform this scenario so i was wondering.
Hey, Guardiani. I'm glad you liked Nueva Aragona; it was my first ever Ravenloft article and it's still near and dear to my heart. It sounds like you went and made a map for your campaign, so you're covered, but I just wanted to note that the domains are based on Margarita Island and the Sucre Peninsula of Venezuela, so you can use that for inspiration if wanted.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

The Lesser Evil wrote:Net(book) canon is simply a term for things included in FoS or Kargatane netbooks (see the definition here: http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Mis ... book-canon ). I think the FoS folks do a yearly Quoth the Raven, so submitting your articles for inclusion in that is probably your best bet.

They do and a lot of it I like better than the actual cannon. To be fair fandom has the time and space to do a really good job for the background while published modules generally have to pay more attention to maps and encounters.