Online roleplaying at the Café

What next?

Go to see the Governor
50%
Explore the Vast Swamp
No votes
Go to Sembia to look for a sage
50%
Pursue some other course of action (please specify what)
No votes
Doesn't matter to me, because I'm not interested in playing/too busy to play.
No votes

Total votes: 6

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

after Down the Dark Road

Post by ewancummins »

We've reached another juncture.

Now that the interlude of 'Down the Dark Road' has finished, the PCs face some choices about how to proceed.

I also want to know if the world shift (resulting from your PCs' partially successful incantation) diminishes your interest in playing this campaign.
It's not meant to be permanent if you don't wish it to be.
There are ways back into the Mists.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: after Down the Dark Road

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf will want to see the fort's shrine before we go, and he is amenable to the idea of seeing a sage, either instead of or in addition to seeing the Governor.

On the contrary, the world shift has gotten me even more intrigued. I am interested in seeing how Klokulf's faith changes should he deduce a connection between Bane and the Lawgiver.

Unless he finds a niche here that is too good to pass up, he will want to return to the Dread Realms eventually.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

That needs a bit of thought and I haven't studied the last parts after the map to make a decision yet.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Will go where the party goes, unless it is back into the swamp.

Either the governor or the sage.

His new companions are his best chance at getting home, for now at least.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat has the advantage of being the least clued up member of the party and thus grasping the situation least well. In particular, she doesn't appreciate the difference between here and the Mists. She is vaguely aware that travelling bards tell wild stories of wandering into the mists and emerging in whole new realms, and she is now taking those tales more seriously, but she doesn't realise there is a difference between a mist realm and a whole other realm.

Also, she was expecting this having fallen through a portal known to go to other worlds...

She doesn't have nearly as much attachment to her home as the others do but she likes Benn and of course knows that he will want to get back to his family, so she will focus on finding a way back. She associates authority figures with corruption and trouble, not help, and would prefer to find a sage than go to the governor.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain thinks it would be good to go see the Governor as getting more information from a possible ally in the making who has the resources to help us get "home" as it were . He would rather deal with some one who he thinks does not have murky mysterios goals . Considering most government officials goals are pretty clear cut after talking to the people around them . And that is what he will do on the trip to the "governor", on the other hand "Sages" seem to have goals of there own that are no were near as clear cut alot of the time IMO .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I think it's better to go to the governor. Then we can seek sages etc.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I see six votes

Adam
Wolfglide
RocEter
LordSkybolt
Kintire
Alhoon

It looks as if everyone is still interested in playing , and as if the party means to see the governor first and then perhaps look into seeing a sage.

I'll create the new thread/chapter now, using your input.

Of course you guys can do whatever you like in play--asking about plans here just helps me create the opening scenes.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)