Death House

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Death House

Post by VAN »

"She might but by the time these royals come out we will be way gone. I don't even believe that is a monster in there...This whole setting might be a royal trap to get us in there. What better excuse of two innocent children to lure as in a a house that could be even haunted...I need a realy good reason to enter."

At Vorj's words Van narrows his eyes and looks directly at the paladin's eyes:

"You said before, that this place is corrupted and not to trust anyone even the children and know you tell us to enter. Make up your mind Vorj."

Turning to Bhunder ask:

"What do you think my friend? We three are a team, maybe the dwarf as well, but I don't trust the royals."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Burdur just snorts. "Royalists? Here?" He pulls roughly a part of the peeling paint on the outer wall to present it to Van. "What do your eyes tell you about this 'royal residence', Van? It's a wreck. Perhaps aristocrats lived here once upon a time. Perhaps they still do, but I believe the parents of the two kids are just squatters in this ruin. I would also like to remind you that many aristocrats joined the rebellion. Including the glorious Stone King Urigond the Bold of my stronghold and you better not say anything bad about our king. He's nothing like yours."
Last edited by alhoon on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

VAN wrote:"She might but by the time these royals come out we will be way gone. I don't even believe that is a monster in there...This whole setting might be a royal trap to get us in there."
"Yes, of course," says Vorj drily. "Transporting people to a different land is clearly a trap designed for YOU." Vorj shakes his head.

"You are shackled by your hate. Everyone who ever had wealth or a fancy name is NOT your enemy. Abandon your narrow-minded thinking if you wish to survive in this land."

He turns to Kimber and Burdur. "I do expect a trap. But I also can't ignore the possibility that those children's parents are here, and in need of help. Are you coming with me?"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Exactly because I don't believe the children tale I don't plan to get directly in their trap. Maybe this house is haunted by the aristocrats that once lived there. Still not good for me to face royal ghosts...As about your King Burdur, I don't know him actually. I was referring to human aristocrats that I have facts of what they have done to poor people like my father. They claim the land just because they think it's theirs and if someone opposes they kill him. Again, I don't know how dwarves Kings but you cannot change my mind about human royals scums Burdur. Now, I believe we should leave, yes there is mists and rain, but might be better than here."
Last edited by VAN on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Burdur just shrugs to Van and turns to Vorj. "Yes. I believe we have to deal with a group of squatters, perhaps in the same predicament like we are, that had the unfortunate idea to choose the same wreck to hide in like a monster did."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'm going to ask the children couple more question and better they have good answers..."

Van takes a few steps towards the mists, the low visibility and the rain make him look one more time back. But then with a deep breath presses forward.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Vanp's form merges with the thick mists. At first the group can see his shadow tentatively moving in the mists becoming more and more indistinct till they lose him completely.
The rain seems to fall in rhythm with the group's heartbeats. Less than 30 such heartbeats pass and Van, sputtering, pale, eyes bulging and holding his neck and chest rushes back to them, a few feet away from where he entered. The large man collapses on one knee and coughs violently, unable to speak for a few moments.

Everyone can tell that something is wrong. People with medical training realize what it is:
poison.
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Vanp's form merges with the thick mists. At first the group can see his shadow tentatively moving in the mists becoming more and more indistinct till they lose him completely.
The rain seems to fall in rhythm with the group's heartbeats. Less than 30 such heartbeats pass and Van, sputtering, pale, eyes bulging and holding his neck and chest rushes back to them, a few feet away from where he entered. The large man collapses on one knee and coughs violently, unable to speak for a few moments.

Everyone can tell that something is wrong. People with medical training realize what it is:
poison.
"The Royalists are using poison gas! Magic!"GNORRIC looks about for any lurking enemies, especially that damned wizard.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van points the mists unable to talk for several moments and only moves his hands frantically.

"Stay...away..."

When he finally manages to speak he says:

"I have never felt something like that. I was chocking and soffocating and I felt like something evil taunting me! I hate this place! It was terrible, I'm afraid we have to enter this darn house afterall! These royalists are more crafty that I thought! We need to get in there kill them all and burn this house to the ground!"
Last edited by VAN on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Van points the mists unable to talk for several moments and only moves his hands frantically.

"Stay...away..."

When he finally manages to speak he says:

"I have never felt something like that. I was chocking and soffocating. It was terrible, I'm afraid we have to enter this darn house afterall! These royalists are more crafty that I thought! We need to get in there kill them all and burn this house to the ground!"
GNORRIC smiles and runs his hands together, standing behind Van.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yeah it will not be an easy task but that I will plan to do it."

Seeing Vorj and the dwarf ready to enter the house he says:

"We are coming with you, not because we believe for a second the children's tale but because we are trapped here and maybe in the house we can find away out. Still better get ready for everything."

And griinning one more time he says:

"Royals scums even in this new land they are taunting poor people but they will pay for all this."

Finally turning to gnomes he says:

"Come my friends and stay close to me, I will do my best to protect you."
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Burdur seems unsure of himself. Suddenly he exclaims. "The kids! They're in the ... royalist poison gas" he seems as surprised of saying that as the others hearing him saying it.
"I'm a dwarf!" He shouts "Do you hear me treacherous royalist dogs!" He quickly ties a rope roughly around his chest and throws the end to Van. "Hold that TIGHT and pull me in if I stop moving or the rope goes slack!"

And without waiting for disagreements, the grumpy dwarf takes a deep breath and charges in the mists to save the kids. Van holds the rope unsteadily with his hands. A few seconds pass and the rope is taught. A few more. A whole minute.
And suddenly Burdur, pale, vomit hanging in his beard appears a couple of feet to the left of where he entered. He coughs, takes a couple of dizzy steps and collapses.

All eyes are drawn to the taught line in Van's hands... the taught rope, straight as bone that enters the mists, taught, and comes out 2 feet to the side, also taught.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van's eyes go wide. He drops the rope and runs to the dwarf.

"Burdur, breath and take a seat. You will be fine. The royalist gas effect only last for few minutes then you will be ok."

Van helps the dwarf to seat down and does the same as well since he is still caughing and feeling dizzy for the poison.

"Have you felt the...presence...as well? The evil. You said you are a priest, can you cleanse this house before we enter? At least say a prayer? Ass about the children, I really doubt they are even real at this point...they wanted to lure us here, to the royals house. They want to play with us as they always do...Have fun with the common folk."'

Van spits to the ground full of disgust.

"But we will not let this pass, we are rebels! Or whatever you call yourselves. I repeat, lets get in there empty this royal nest, burn this house to the ground and try to find away back home!"
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Vorj runs over to help Burdur, and heal him if possible. "Wise Piris, give comfort and healing to this man."

At Van's talk of burning down the house, he says, "Do you hear how insane that sounds? We're surrounded by poisonous gas and you suggest we burn down the only shelter. That's a fine choice, Van: death by gas or death by smoke."

He turns back to the dwarf.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:Vorj runs over to help Burdur, and heal him if possible. "Wise Piris, give comfort and healing to this man."

At Van's talk of burning down the house, he says, "Do you hear how insane that sounds? We're surrounded by poisonous gas and you suggest we burn down the only shelter. That's a fine choice, Van: death by gas or death by smoke."

He turns back to the dwarf.

In Gnomish, under his breath:
"Oh, I can think of other ways for you to die."