Wouldn't believe in them even if you saw one
4%

Total votes: 54

Trebor Minntt
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Trebor Minntt »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:

The only way to prove Spirit Guides is to find them for yourself, meditation cannot niflict physycal sensation, no matter how good you are and spirit guides inflict physical senseation when they contact you ;)

I'm with Wiccy on this, the only real way to find your spirit guides, (be they animal or human, totem or ancestor) is to find them for yourself. I have a friend who has a wolf named Rathamane tied, whom she discovered and bound to a piece of Lapis Lazulie (sorry about the bad spelling). Once bound the stone turned to a brown colour and she knows if anyone has attempted to call him because she wakes up with scratch marks on her wrist. I should point out that Rathamane was called by a group rituel and if anyone in the group calls him then she gets the scratchs.

Post by Guest »

Some pretty spooky stuff here... very interesting reading.

I have never seen anything supernatural myself (probably because I live in a 20 year old house in a relatively newly developed suburb of Toronto), but I believe in the supernatural, and have most of my life.

I agree that it would be cool to see something though... Just not in my house.
AoD

Post by AoD »

Some pretty spooky stuff here... very interesting reading.

I have never seen anything supernatural myself (probably because I live in a 20 year old house in a relatively newly developed suburb of Toronto), but I believe in the supernatural, and have most of my life.

I agree that it would be cool to see something though... Just not in my house.
Shadowsworn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Shadowsworn »

Didn't realize I wasn't logged in when I made that post.
Sorry for the double post as well.
"Death is the great equalizer"

Proof that the Grim Reaper is a communist.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Cats, dogs, pythons, I have yet to find an animal I couldn't get along with...

Now people... All my bad experiences have been with people.
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

Well, people don't have to try too hard to be mean... :(
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
Whisper
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Whisper »

Of course not! It just comes natural to most of us... ermm... I mean them, yeah, that's it, them... heh heh... :roll:
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

Well, the black figure made an appearance again last night. He was sitting at the edge of my bed this time glaring at me. Does anyone know any good online resources that I could use to research this thing. I figure that if it's going to be harassing me so much I want to know what it is exactly that I'm dealing with.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

Visit www.theshadowlands.net/ghost/ Its got some useful stuff. :wink:
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
jamesravenwing
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by jamesravenwing »

I have had many supernatural experiences, including witnessing more than a few exorcisms. However, there are two that completely defy my frame of reference.

The first happened when I was 15 years old. Myself, and four of my friends were camping on a farm. We had found this incredible campsite on a small, rock island in the middle of a river. The island must have been about 100 meters by 50 meters and we could only get to it by canoe (the river was full after the rains). At any rate we had been there for a few days when the weather turned bad. The storm came on quickly (they normally do in my part of the world) and we had to clean up our fire and find shelter. We managed to find a hollow under a boulder and all squeezed together in this hollow. It was cosy:-)

We were just drifting off to sleep when an incredible racket started up. There were screams and shouts, splashes and gunfire. The shouts were in two separate languages (Xhosa and Afrikaans - will be explained later) and the gunfire seemed to be centred on the island. We huddled, absolutely terrified until the noise died down, whereupon we stuck our heads out for a look. On the waters edge we saw the silhouette of a shortish man holding a stick or staff. He was motionless for a few minutes before a shot rang out and he fell with an unearthly scream. We scrambled out of our hiding places and ran to help but we found no-one.

We looked all over the entire island (which was bare and rocky remember) and found no-one. We subsequently got absolutely no sleep.

We left in a hurry the next day and returned to the farm house. We asked about the history of the region and were told a sordid story of betrayal and ambush between the Xhosa (one of the indigenous people of South africa where I live) and the Boer (Afrikaans speaking Dutch colonists). As near as i can tell we witnessed a phantom re-enaction of that night.

Very creepy.
"His eyes had all the seeming of a demon that was dreaming..."

"Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves"
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

Eek. That's pretty freaky!

What about the other experience?
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
jamesravenwing
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by jamesravenwing »

The other experience I had was in a whole different category of scary.

I had just left high school and a group of my friends and I had gone to a small resort town for a celebratory holiday. We had spent a few days there and were having a great time. One night I decided to take my girlfriend for a romantic walk on the beach. We went for a long walk under the bright moon and stars and it was beautiful. However, as we returned my girlfriend began to get uneasy. She is very sensitive to things and often sees spirits.

I began to get nervous because the things she sees are predominantly friendly or sad. She was getting scared. I also had a palpable sense of unease and could feel eyes on me. As we turned to take the path back to the house through the dune forest, my girlfriend froze. I looked up and saw a tall figure standing on the path. It must have stood about seven feet and it had an indistinct look to it. It was a greyish colour. As we stood motionless it raised its arm and pointed to both of us in turn. As it did so I we both heard a growl coming from the undergrowth beside us. We also both felt a definite sense of malice from this 'thing'. I grabbed my girlfriend and ran for an alternate route home.

As we ran I heard a panting and growling from behind us, sort of like the sound a large dog would make. The air had grown very cold. I have never felt that "hunted" in my life and I have been chased before. As we ran we also heard the sound of something moving through the bushes behind us. We somehow managed to keep ahead of whatever was chasing us until we got to the gate off the alternate path. The gate wouldn't open. (This gate is never locked as it provides access for a number of people.) I turned and prayed loudly. The panting and growling faded away.

We got back to the house alright but twice more that week we saw what looked like a very large dog watching us and something battered at the door into the house a few times as well.

I tell you, I have never been so happy to leave a place as I was to leave that town. Something evidently did not want us there and I have never gone back.

"Let me also wear
jamesravenwing
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by jamesravenwing »

From reading this topic I can see that some of you have had experiences with the supernatural. I have been puzzling about the second experience I had for 3 years. Can anyone suggest what that was?

"Let me also wear
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

It may have just been some sort of demon (or whatever you want to call malevolent supernatural things that aren't really ghosts because they were never alive; I think of them as demons) that happened to take on a dog as its preferred shape. They do that on occasion. I ran into one that took on the shape of a big cat last year. Beyond that, I don't know . . . I'm glad you made it out of there OK, though.
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

For some reason, that story of the dog reminded somewhat of the Black Dog legends that are found in various areas of the British Isles. Wonder if there's some kind of relation. Eh, might just be another coincedence, who knows really?
I think we're property...
That once upon a time, this earth was No-man's Land...but that now it's owned by Something:
That Something (now) owns this earth -- all others warned off. -Charles Fort