Scariest Movie Moments

Books, movies, television and everything else
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

Another creepy commercial is the Levi's one where the guy takes the mannequin's jeans and the mannequin stalks him to his home. Then again, I have always thought that mannequins are creepy. You can view it here.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

The Ring 2... It really is scary that they allowed as poor as this one to be released :( Ye Gods, and I thought the first one was terrible, the sequel makes its predecessor look like a stroke of genius.

One good thing though, I didn't pay to see it, someone wanted me to go with them, I didn't want to go coz I wouldn't waste money on it so they offered to pay. I want those 2 hours of my life back, they were robbed from me I tells ya :(
Swallow your soul!
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

I think the Ring, which I really liked, is the movie that scared me the most in my life. Those snapshots of the villain's victims actually won me nightmares. That night (I saw it on Halloween 2002), I actually dreamed the phone rang :shock:
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

For me The Ring was just another Hollywood teen horror and not a very good one at that, plus everything that made the original movie brilliant for me was either turned into something to make kids jump, was removed, was under explained or expanded so much it became ludicrous.

The sequel does have elements of the original movies in it, as well as a couple of touched from the books (such as Samara in The Ring 2 trying to come to life again through another person), but I still thought it was dire.
Swallow your soul!
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Diabolique's (the original, at least) big moment (I won't reveal it as it's a spoiler) is damned unsettling.

Just about everything in the original version of The Haunting, especially the "Then whose hand was I holding?" moment.

Wait Until Dark, when you realize the impressive and very clever measure Audrey Hepburn's character has taken to try and save herself from Alan Arkin's psycho had a small but very significant flaw in it...
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Oh, I forgot the creepiest bit to me. The very end of The Shining, when you see the old photograph of the party-goers and Jack nicholson grinning amidst them. Not really scary, but creepy.
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Children of the Night... various parts of the movie where it shows how each individual vampire sleeps, some really creepy and original ideas in there :)
Swallow your soul!
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

gonzoron wrote:Not exactly a movie, but has anyone seen those insanely creepy "Wake up with the King" commercials from Burger King? :shudder:
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

Brandi wrote:Diabolique's (the original, at least) big moment (I won't reveal it as it's a spoiler) is damned unsettling.
'Mais, Mme Delasalle etait ici!' I concur.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
B~E
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by B~E »

She creeps me up every freaking time she does that.

Last edited by B~E on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Ladies and gent,

Just a reminder: this board uses the grandmother rule, in order to make sure our online envirronement is OK for some of our younger patrons.

Don't post something that would cause your grandmother to hyperventilate.

The above pic is slightly over that limit.

Joël
B~E
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by B~E »

It wasn't really nudity, only the upper part of her cartoon bum was visible. But lets not argue over punny details. =P

edit : There. Taken care of. At least admit it was funny, as it could have happened in the movie. =)
Last edited by B~E on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Chibi Samara! ARRRGGHHH!
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005